There are 375 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
I get your argument but did u see what Boldin said on ESPN after the game? and thats after Both Hyde and Gore ran for under 50 yards!!

What did he say? If Boldin said something about McDonald reaction he can cram, it he's a long time vet who acts like a rookie at times. Maybe cost us the game with his 15 yard penalty... was that the cards game? Love the way he plays but he jaws like a rookie and does it foolishly he's lucky he didnt get more 15 yarders after getting in people faces.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
What did he say? If Boldin said something about McDonald reaction he can cram, it he's a long time vet who acts like a rookie at times. Maybe cost us the game with his 15 yard penalty... was that the cards game? Love the way he plays but he jaws like a rookie and does it foolishly he's lucky he didnt get more 15 yarders after getting in people faces.
Dude chilll. What Boldin said was "Its a Run first Team" and EERBODY HAS TO BLOCK. The touches are going to come but TEAM IS FIRST
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I get your argument but did u see what Boldin said on ESPN after the game? and thats after Both Hyde and Gore ran for under 50 yards!!

Id rather have a player who has heart and plays with fire like Boldin. Gives us toughness on offense. Ill take a penalty here and there knowing he is playing his heart out and jawing at defenders.
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Oct 13, 2014 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Patton turned heads with his catch against the Cardinals. Other than that, I haven't see flashes. And if they haven't had any opportunities, it's because they didn't create many for themselves (unless you wan't to go with the playing favorites argument). The best you can say about Ellington is that he hasn't turned the ball over.

All I was doing was contrasting the difference between McDonald and development and progress of the rest of the receivers Baalke has drafted.

He played a handful of snaps, missed most of the season with injuries and this year they added Johnson and Lloyd, two guys who have been #1 WR's on various teams in the NFL. Not exactly sure what "flashes" you were looking for from either Ellington or Patton when neither are playing.

McDonald has gotten to be on the field substantially more because he's the #2 TE in this offense, even if it was just mostly for blocking.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM ]
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Id rather have a player who has heart and plays with fire like Boldin. Gives us toughness on offense. Ill take a penalty here and there knowing he is playing his heart out and jawing at defenders.

Were on the same page Boss!!
I forgive you Vance. Just get better in the hands department. Carbtree had hands problems too early on, and now he has great hands. I'm sure it's mental / visual. Hope it's not incurable like Darrell Jackson...

Vance has been doing everything besides the hands stuff great IMO. Especially blocking. And he showed some great speed & athletic ability on that play before he screwed up.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Were on the same page Boss!!

Hell yea. Watching Boldin play gets me jacked
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Oct 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM ]
No reason to defend Vance as of now. Bottom line, he hasn't capitalized on his oppurtunities. He was a high ass draft pick.

He doesn't have elite speed for modern day TEs. Hands were supposed to be his thing coming out of college but have been disappointing. Not sure about his blocking but I don't think he dominates with that. Does he run good routes? WTF does he do well?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Not sure about his blocking but I don't think he dominates with that.

Sorry, but you think wrong. You're just wrong about this one. Vance might be the best blocking TE in all of football.

And Vance has great speed for his size. He's not Delanie Walker or Jared Cook or Vernon Davis, but he's a lot bigger than those guys too. The Niners' offense is a power-running offense where they need big, tough TEs (use a lot of O-linemen as TEs too). Vance is absolutely necessary. I"m pretty sure he lines up at FB sometimes too.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Not sure about his blocking but I don't think he dominates with that.

Sorry, but you think wrong. You're just wrong about this one. Vance might be the best blocking TE in all of football.

And Vance has great speed for his size. He's not Delanie Walker or Jared Cook or Vernon Davis, but he's a lot bigger than those guys too. The Niners' offense is a power-running offense where they need big, tough TEs (use a lot of O-linemen as TEs too). Vance is absolutely necessary. I"m pretty sure he lines up at FB sometimes too.

Best blocking TE in football? I may be wrong with my initial statement, but that sounds like an exaggeration. I doubt you have enough time to study the blocking of every TE in the NFL. Come on breh

Vance was drafted to be a receiving threat more than a dominate blocker. To be a weapon in the passing game. Look at the TEs in the NFL now. The guys you mentioned, Gronk, Grahm, Thomas on the Broncos, the white boy on KC. Relatively speaking, his speed isn't "great."

Vance has a lot of defenders. I guess that's nice.

No reason to defend Vance as of now. Bottom line, he hasn't capitalized on his oppurtunities. He was a high ass draft pick.

He doesn't have elite speed for modern day TEs. Hands were supposed to be his thing coming out of college but have been disappointing. Not sure about his blocking but I don't think he dominates with that. Does he run good routes? WTF does he do well?

there are a number of things wrong with your post.

He is fast for someone his size..he is not these 240 lbs "TEs" He is athletic as s**t.

and his hands were not his thing coming out of college.

and he has been blocking well.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

He is fast for someone his size..he is not these 240 lbs "TEs" He is athletic as s**t.

Okay, his blocking has been well.

He's athletic as s**t relative to what? NFL TEs? Have you seen that in a game?

Lastly, his hands were his thing. He was a WR at Rice. He was supposed to create mismatches and he had good hands. What did you think was his thing?

no, I think there are some who just watch him play and don't jump to conclusions.

no, I think there are some who just watch him play and don't jump to conclusions.

Ummm okay. We aren't supposed to draw conclusions from watching him play?

This is professional football right? He was a SECOND ROUND pick right? I don't get this at all

Okay, his blocking has been well.

He's athletic as s**t relative to what? NFL TEs? Have you seen that in a game?

Lastly, his hands were his thing. He was a WR at Rice. He was supposed to create mismatches and he had good hands. What did you think was his thing?

he is probably the largest of the "Athletic" TEs that are in the league... he was 270 coming out of college.

ran a faster 40 time than Gronk.

and again, hands weren't his thing.
Share 49ersWebzone