LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is from the 2014 Practice thread. Do you this Grant Cohn was spinning this to make Mac look bad? Or did he actually drop 4 passes in this session? My guess is the former, but I wish I knew. I freaking hate the Cohn's ... can't expect anything they say to not have a taint.

7. Vance McDonald

@grantcohn Vance McDonald. Dropped four passes during team drills for the second day in a row.

13. Michael Wilhoite

@mattmaiocco Linebacker Michael Wilhoite had an impressive day in coverage against tight end Vance McDonald with three passes broken up.

@taylorprice49 Michael Wilhoite broke up three passes, all intended for tight end Vance McDonald.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This is from the 2014 Practice thread. Do you this Grant Cohn was spinning this to make Mac look bad? Or did he actually drop 4 passes in this session? My guess is the former, but I wish I knew. I freaking hate the Cohn's ... can't expect anything they say to not have a taint.

7. Vance McDonald

@grantcohn Vance McDonald. Dropped four passes during team drills for the second day in a row.

13. Michael Wilhoite

@mattmaiocco Linebacker Michael Wilhoite had an impressive day in coverage against tight end Vance McDonald with three passes broken up.

@taylorprice49 Michael Wilhoite broke up three passes, all intended for tight end Vance McDonald.

It's odd. Everything written about him up to this point is that he has improved his hands. But then there was a report from MB today saying he dropped some today and basically. continued a trend of dropping passes this TC
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
It's odd. Everything written about him up to this point is that he has improved his hands. But then there was a report from MB today saying he dropped some today and basically. continued a trend of dropping passes this TC

It's the stench left over from Delanie
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

7. Vance McDonald

13. Michael Wilhoite

I don´t think that Cohn gave the report his spin (at least this time).

There is a difference between a dropped pass and a broken up pass.

Day 7

@caminman Tight end Vance McDonald had a couple drops before reaching out to grab a Kaepernick pass. Roman said they're wanting McDonald to turn around earlier to spot the ball faster.

@grantcohn Vance McDonald. Made nine catches. Vernon Davis seemed to get the day off — he didn't participate in team drills — so Vance McDonald got more targets than usual and, as a result, had his best practice of training camp. But he still dropped four passes.

Day 8

Day 9

@mattbarrows Vance McDonald continues to have trouble with drops. He couldn't hang onto a catchable pass early in practice, then couldn't come down with two seam-route throws in the end zone.
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 4, 2014 at 3:05 AM ]
Short and sweet: I'm a Carrier fan. I hope he takes the "Delanie" role.

Niners have shown they can handle a bust or two if Vance doesn't win TE2.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Vance "Big Drop" McDonalds
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

sad but true. 2nd year, and we're still seeing many unwarranted drops.

you're born with great hands. others have to work hard to survive.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Tell him.. He need focus to hands catch the ball and not afraids when gets to hits.. Be man!!
Chicken McDroplets.
  • -AC-
  • Veteran
Mangini and Morton are the TE and WR's coaches...

Let that sink in for a minute...

Originally posted by -AC-:

Maybe... They should fired Coach TE and Coach WR

We should steal hired from Seahawks coach TE and Coach WR
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Aug 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]

I think they're good coaches. Harbaugh wouldn't tolerate sub-par coaching on his staff.

Mangini is well respected around the league and has experience coaching both sides of the ball.

Morton is a decent coach. The WRs who failed here failed because they sucked. The WR coach can only do so much.
  • -AC-
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I think they're good coaches. Harbaugh wouldn't tolerate sub-par coaching on his staff.

Mangini is well respected around the league and has experience coaching both sides of the ball.

Morton is a decent coach. The WRs who failed here failed because they sucked. The WR coach can only do so much.

I've never cared for Morton going back to his SC days... Mangini is a great coach (on the defensive side of the ball)...
[ Edited by -AC- on Aug 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]

Hmm... Are you a new member and join us? Are u a real 49ers fans? I think, you have a good point about WR coach was sux.. I forget about it because we have not sucessful our WR.. Oh wel..I figure out.l
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I've never cared for Morton going back to his SC days... Mangini is a great coach (on the defensive side of the ball)...

Yeah, I knew nothing about Morton. Just that Harbaugh knew him from their Chargers days together. I only blame Morton for being responsible for the Ronald Johnson pick.
Share 49ersWebzone