There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets agree to trade Revis to Bucs

Originally posted by pelos21:
How was their pass rush last year? Useless to have a secondary that good when you can't rush the passer.

This. Seems like they're building backwards.
I hope Eric Wright is still their #2 corner... he might give up 2000 yards receiving this year, if he is.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,786
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
The Bucs spending tons for high price players still wont earn them a spot in the playoffs lol.

Actually they have the pieces to be a scary team. The only problem is the inconsistency of QB Josh Freeman. The dude has Doug Martin, Dallas Clark, Mike Williams, and Vincent Jackson with a solid OL. I have seen Freeman have some great games but then it is like he does not show up the following week. This is Josh's make it or break it year. Dude has potential but does not play smart at times. They have also addressed their DL in a few drafts with some solid players surrounding the defensive side of the ball.
Yup. They have a good mix of young guys and solid DBs now. They were competitive in a lot of games last year (a lot of close ones), but the secondary was atrocious. They definitely could be a problem for Niners the following week after we smash the CAWKS.

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Actually they have the pieces to be a scary team. The only problem is the inconsistency of QB Josh Freeman. The dude has Doug Martin, Dallas Clark, Mike Williams, and Vincent Jackson with a solid OL. I have seen Freeman have some great games but then it is like he does not show up the following week. This is Josh's make it or break it year. Dude has potential but does not play smart at times. They have also addressed their DL in a few drafts with some solid players surrounding the defensive side of the ball.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,518
Ryan Riddle ‏@Ryan_Riddle

wondering if Revis understands Bucs have all the leverage n his contract. Seems like the guy who wouldn't agree to that if he understood it

Also seems like the Jets could have, and should have given him that type of contract if that's what makes him happy.
I smell a contract dispute in about 10 months. No way Revis is going to be ok with zero guaranteed money for the length of the deal.
This is Eagles Dream Team, all over again.

Has anyone gotten to a SB with an inordinate amount of FA's?
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for RealShaloop.
damn i didnt know this but the Bucs open the season at the Jets
Originally posted by NowImLost:
I hope Eric Wright is still their #2 corner... he might give up 2000 yards receiving this year, if he is.


Hope him and goldson are on the same side, we can run playaction all day every day, he's always getting sucked up and out of position, with colin throwing that ball to crabtree and boldin watch out going to be a eza 7!
he is one of my favourite non 9er players.
I think he will have a great season and will be the top CB again,
I hope he will have a much better season than the other guy from sea.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Hope him and goldson are on the same side, we can run playaction all day every day, he's always getting sucked up and out of position, with colin throwing that ball to crabtree and boldin watch out going to be a eza 7!

Yep, that secondary is gonna be so overrated going into the season. Don't get me wrong, Revis is great, but he's coming off a major injury. Goldson is good, not great. I don't think Barron is that great, yet. He's gonna have to take a big leap to be considered as good as fellow 1st round rookie safety Harrison Smith. And Eric Wright? Well, he's just lovely... if you're the opposing team. They also didn't have much of a pass rush last year, and unless Adrian Clayborn gets 25 sacks all by himself, they're not gonna have much this year, either. It doesn't help that they're in a division with Brees, Ryan, and Newton, too. Not only is their secondary gonna get exposed, but it's probably gonna look pretty bad when Brees and Ryan throw on it 50 times a game.
[ Edited by NowImLost on Apr 22, 2013 at 2:36 AM ]
Very surprised his agent agreed to this deal
Oh, I think I can see it now. Bucs in salary cap hell, have to cut Revis two years from now, signs with Niners for dramatically less....
He'll have a soild season and then he'll hold out for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
This is Eagles Dream Team, all over again.

Has anyone gotten to a SB with an inordinate amount of FA's?

I would say the '94 Niners with Deion, Rickey Jackson, Ken Norton, Gary Plummer, etc.
But that was during the early days of free agency, & guys were coming to SF on vet minimum contracts that included significant performance incentives (e.g. make it to the Super Bowl). More importantly, the team was already a Super Bowl-caliber team trying to add a few more pieces to get over that last hurdle, so I admit that it's a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison.
96 million over 6 years

forked over the #13 overall pick

possibly a 3rd next year


he WAS the best CB in football before his injury ....but the Bucs made a huge gamble , Revis might not be the same CB he was before the injury , and the Bucs sacrificed a high draft pick and a lot of cash .....this deal would have made sense if they were one or two players away from being a bona fide superbowl contender ...but they still have a lot of work to do, and the loss of that 1st rounder and the big slice of cash that counts against their salary cap will make it difficult to strengthen their roster ............I'm glad we didnt get involved in that messy situation