There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets agree to trade Revis to Bucs

I would say that his reputation is definitely about to be tested. Good luck against Brees and the Falcons twice a year.
[ Edited by baltien on Apr 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM ]
Jets scored....
The #15 for a guy coming off an ACL in a contract year who wants to be paid?

Wow, Tampa Bay I guess is trying to go all in

Too bad they don't have a coach. lol

The safer bet is that Asumgha will return to form. We had Rod Woodson in '96 in the first year after his ACL. He was a shell of his form CB Pitts self. That was before he moved to safety.

Everyone now thinks that they will just come back like Adrian Peterson --- they won't. Chris Rose has yet to make it back with the Bulls.

That guy (AP 27) is a freak and a machine. Williams and Manningham may not be the same after their ACLs.

Look at Scott McKillop -- that guy never was the same after an ACL .
I can't believe there is no guaranteed money. This is unheard of. Revis should dump dump his agent ASAP.
I give the Jets the advantage on this trade. However, although technically there is no guaranteed money, we'll say for all intents and purposes Revis got a year or two of guaranteed money. No way the Bucs are going to trade away a first round pick and let Revis go after a year or two. So I'll just say that Darrelle Revis got 16-32 million guaranteed.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

The safer bet is that Asumgha will return to form. We had Rod Woodson in '96 in the first year after his ACL. He was a shell of his form CB Pitts self. That was before he moved to safety.

Everyone now thinks that they will just come back like Adrian Peterson --- they won't. Chris Rose has yet to make it back with the Bulls.

That guy (AP 27) is a freak and a machine. Williams and Manningham may not be the same after their ACLs.

who the f**k is Chris Rose?

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I can't believe there is no guaranteed money. This is unheard of. Revis should dump dump his agent ASAP.

Ah, but when you're Darrelle Revis it's nothing to hold out. He's already done it like what, three times already?

His contract is just a formality. If/when he gets back to top form, expect a " renogitiation."
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

LOL.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Or Asumgha or AP 27?
How was their pass rush last year? Useless to have a secondary that good when you can't rush the passer.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I live in the Tampa Bay area now and I do NOT want to see the Bucs succeed. Even if they build a Super Bowl caliber team, all their games will be blacked out because their fan base is a joke.

If the Bucs make the Bowl, the Bowl won't be televised.

I agree. Tampa is one of the worst sports cities.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Derrick Rose you mean.......hes healthy but they just arent taking any risks with him plus nba players play 82 games a season

and btw the jets are stupid....they will continue to be a garbage franchise until they get rid of Sanchez and Ryan
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Ah, but when you're Darrelle Revis it's nothing to hold out. He's already done it like what, three times already?

His contract is just a formality. If/when he gets back to top form, expect a " renogitiation."

The risk of injury is too great. I'm sure he could've received 20-30 guaranteed.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Revis wanted bucks not bucs

f**king auto-correct!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home