There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets agree to trade Revis to Bucs

wow no gar money
6 years, $96 mil....ZERO guaranteed.
Secondary new makeover
Kinda sad that we got about equal value for Alex Smith 2 and a 2/3 than the Jets did for Revis 1 and a 3/4 ... even if the situations are completely different. I think it says more about how good our FO is than how bad the Jets are.
So they turned down a 1st 3rd and 5th and now they only have a 1st and a conditional pick?


oh jets lol
wowza Revis will be looking for a new deal in a yr or 2. Guy is a total diva.
I hate to say it but.... if Josh Freeman shows up, this Bucs team WILL WIN THEIR DIVISION! This team is Loaded! A young studdly DLINE, an excellent secondary assuming Revis is healthy and Dashon, and on offense, Muscle Hamster, VJACK. This team with their young roster and hard nosed coach WILL WIN THAT DIVISION. There I said it. 4-21-2013 Bucs win the NFC South
Originally posted by NowImLost:
Kinda sad that we got about equal value for Alex Smith 2 and a 2/3 than the Jets did for Revis 1 and a 3/4 ... even if the situations are completely different. I think it says more about how good our FO is than how bad the Jets are.

Keep in mind that Alex is completely healthy and young for a QB. QB>CB

Revis is the superior talent but considering that the bucs gave him zero guarenteed dollars, they know that they're taking a risk since Revis is injured.

I think their FO did a good job getting value now since he was going to leave next year anyways. And if the team was smart, they would trade that pick back and stock pile picks for 2014, 2015, and 2016 ala new england.


Originally posted by AB83Rules:
wowza Revis will be looking for a new deal in a yr or 2. Guy is a total diva.

TRUE. He's going to prove that he's healthy and warrants a guaranteed deal.


Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I hate to say it but.... if Josh Freeman shows up, this Bucs team WILL WIN THEIR DIVISION! This team is Loaded! A young studdly DLINE, an excellent secondary assuming Revis is healthy and Dashon, and on offense, Muscle Hamster, VJACK. This team with their young roster and hard nosed coach WILL WIN THAT DIVISION. There I said it. 4-21-2013 Bucs win the NFC South

The bucs may have some talent but their LB and DL is suspect IMO. Plus, they don't have their coaching doesn't match the talent that they have IMO.
This is a good move for Tampa, just look at their division: Atlanta (Ryan), New Orleans (Brees), and Carolina (Cam Newton). All three are good passing teams with two of them being great ones. You've now got the #1 cover guy in the league to cover Colston, Jones and Smith all season with a heavy hitter in Goldson backing him up should those receivers play risky. You have to win your division first and Tampa Bay is making moves to address this. You don't always have the luxury of falling into a franchise QB (Brees) or drafting one (Ryan, Newton) so you have to make do with what's available.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Apr 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Keep in mind that Alex is completely healthy and young for a QB. QB>CB

Revis is the superior talent but considering that the bucs gave him zero guarenteed dollars, they know that they're taking a risk since Revis is injured.

I think their FO did a good job getting value now since he was going to leave next year anyways. And if the team was smart, they would trade that pick back and stock pile picks for 2014, 2015, and 2016 ala new england.



TRUE. He's going to prove that he's healthy and warrants a guaranteed deal.



The bucs may have some talent but their LB and DL is suspect IMO. Plus, they don't have their coaching doesn't match the talent that they have IMO.

They have a probowl DT in McCoy and Clayborn had a good rookie year but was hurt last year, he's a good passrusher. Bowers still has lots of potential as well. Mason Foster and Lavonte David are two very good LB's. They have the 45th pick still which can be used for a good DT like one of the Williams, Hankins, or Jenkins.
Pick wise, they stole Revis, as it's safer than using the 13th pick on a player they may turn out to be a total bust.
Originally posted by JD81:
6 years, $96 mil....ZERO guaranteed.

say what!!!! dudes going to get cut the second he get injured!
dam I am definitely picking the tampa bucs as my fantasy defense this season. They had the number one run defense last year and they brought in revis and goldson to pair up with mark barron and eric wright in the secondary. One hell of a defense, we shall see if all these players will sync

The only thing is that the bucs will face cap hell in the a couple of years,
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
dam I am definitely picking the tampa bucs as my fantasy defense this season. They had the number one run defense last year and they brought in revis and goldson to pair up with mark barron and eric wright in the secondary. One hell of a defense, we shall see if all these players will sync

The only thing is that the bucs will face cap hell in the a couple of years,

I said the same thing about the eagles. Well I dropped them and immediately picked up the niners defense
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
dam I am definitely picking the tampa bucs as my fantasy defense this season. They had the number one run defense last year and they brought in revis and goldson to pair up with mark barron and eric wright in the secondary. One hell of a defense, we shall see if all these players will sync

The only thing is that the bucs will face cap hell in the a couple of years,

I said the same thing about the eagles. Well I dropped them and immediately picked up the niners defense

Welcome back, Dashon (in 2015) lol
Revis wanted bucks not bucs