There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Before the draft I had the same feeling and was really pulling for Dalton to be drafted by the 9ers. But after that Science show I was just floored. It put to bed the complaint about mechanics and then Harbaugh said he wasn't worried about mechanics...so I became a fan. The more video I watched the more I liked the guy...tatoos and all!

I wasn't paying attention to the draft much the year Aldon was taken but was upset they passed on Robert Quinn...so what the heck do I know!?

Yeah, I find it very tough to predict which college players can make the DE/rush LB transition. I didn't see it with Aldon, so I am okay with wearing this over that one.

Also wanted Quinn... who IIRC, is also looking pretty good for the Lambs.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Opinion truth!

exactly!

... and while we talk opinion, 49AllTheTime... I think we all know... every single living organism on the WZ knows how you, joecool, sus, and many others feel about Alex... how you feel about his chances in KC, etc.

So what else could it be but trolling for you to stop in here every day to share YOUR truth?

I think we all just want you to admit that every post you make in here is for one reason and one reason alone... to troll and irritate the posters that actually do respect Alex and what the Chiefs are putting together. Just man up and admit it... not hard.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Opinion truth!

exactly!

... and while we talk opinion, 49AllTheTime... I think we all know... every single living organism on the WZ knows how you, joecool, sus, and many others feel about Alex... how you feel about his chances in KC, etc.

So what else could it be but trolling for you to stop in here every day to share YOUR truth?

I think we all just want you to admit that every post you make in here is for one reason and one reason alone... to troll and irritate the posters that actually do respect Alex and what the Chiefs are putting together. Just man up and admit it... not hard.

ok ok...well the reason i was posting lately in this thread, was that the 9ers played the Chiefs and after that game it was pretty quiet here.

but now that game passed and i will move on for now...but i will be back in the reg season to post 0-123456789 records

have fun guys..and go Alex !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ok ok...well the reason i was posting lately in this thread, was that the 9ers played the Chiefs and after that game it was pretty quiet here.

but now that game passed and i will move on for now...but i will be back in the reg season to post 0-123456789 records

have fun guys..and go Alex !

Okay. See you tomorrow then. ( and interesting that your admission was averted )
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ok ok...well the reason i was posting lately in this thread, was that the 9ers played the Chiefs and after that game it was pretty quiet here.

but now that game passed and i will move on for now...but i will be back in the reg season to post 0-123456789 records

have fun guys..and go Alex !

Okay. See you tomorrow then. ( and interesting that your admission was averted )

Oh...I took that as a full admission! My bad!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang I just re-watched the 49ers/Cheifs game...poor Alex, he only trusts the RBs, and Fasano. And he had a few plays where he pulls the ball back down and panics when the pocket gets disrupted. Let alone against our backups.

If this is a sign of things to come, the Chiefs are going to have another long season.

let me suggest that you pop in tape of the 2011 saints playoff game or the eagles game same year, or smith's 18-19 gem vs cardinals, or the opener vs the packers and the buffalo game of last year, and you will get a better gauge of him as a qb than this practice game you watched, for a team with a new coach implementing a new system, with stiffs like jonathan baldwin..but that might not fit with where you want to go with all this
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang I just re-watched the 49ers/Cheifs game...poor Alex, he only trusts the RBs, and Fasano. And he had a few plays where he pulls the ball back down and panics when the pocket gets disrupted. Let alone against our backups.

If this is a sign of things to come, the Chiefs are going to have another long season.

let me suggest that you pop in tape of the 2011 saints playoff game or the eagles game same year, or smith's 18-19 gem vs cardinals, or the opener vs the packers and the buffalo game of last year, and you will get a better gauge of him as a qb than this practice game you watched, for a team with a new coach implementing a new system, with stiffs like jonathan baldwin..but that might not fit with where you want to go with all this

If Alex played consistently like the Saints or Eagles game then he would be a bonafide star in the league. Can't do it just once or twice.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang I just re-watched the 49ers/Cheifs game...poor Alex, he only trusts the RBs, and Fasano. And he had a few plays where he pulls the ball back down and panics when the pocket gets disrupted. Let alone against our backups.

If this is a sign of things to come, the Chiefs are going to have another long season.

let me suggest that you pop in tape of the 2011 saints playoff game or the eagles game same year, or smith's 18-19 gem vs cardinals, or the opener vs the packers and the buffalo game of last year, and you will get a better gauge of him as a qb than this practice game you watched, for a team with a new coach implementing a new system, with stiffs like jonathan baldwin..but that might not fit with where you want to go with all this

If Alex played consistently like the Saints or Eagles game then he would be a bonafide star in the league. Can't do it just once or twice.

IMO, he just doesn't have the confidence in his arm/accuracy to push the ball down the field. I think the years of failure and criticism has made him too afraid of making mistakes. He'll check down every time, unless a guy is wide open.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
If Alex played consistently like the Saints or Eagles game then he would be a bonafide star in the league. Can't do it just once or twice.

Some people do not realize what separates a good QB from an average one...and that is consistency. Good QBs in this league are consistently good. Big Ben, Brady, Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, etc. Then you have QBs who are not good, but have a few good games every once in a while... Grossman, Campbell, Palmer, etc have all had great games just like Alex has (Some better). But at at the end of the day they're all mediocre QBs.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang I just re-watched the 49ers/Cheifs game...poor Alex, he only trusts the RBs, and Fasano. And he had a few plays where he pulls the ball back down and panics when the pocket gets disrupted. Let alone against our backups.

If this is a sign of things to come, the Chiefs are going to have another long season.

let me suggest that you pop in tape of the 2011 saints playoff game or the eagles game same year, or smith's 18-19 gem vs cardinals, or the opener vs the packers and the buffalo game of last year, and you will get a better gauge of him as a qb than this practice game you watched, for a team with a new coach implementing a new system, with stiffs like jonathan baldwin..but that might not fit with where you want to go with all this

If Alex played consistently like the Saints or Eagles game then he would be a bonafide star in the league. Can't do it just once or twice.


This has been addressed a million times. Alex was more consistent than most of the QBs in the nfl through 2011 and 2012. And that includes the two games where his throwing hand was injured (giants and hawks).

Moreover, it is off topic unless you're going to say how it relates to the chiefs. This whole thread is becoming a "Alex Sucks/No he doesn't/ Kaep is better" thread and that was never the intention.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
This has been addressed a million times. Alex was more consistent than most of the QBs in the nfl through 2011 and 2012. And that includes the two games where his throwing hand was injured (giants and hawks).

Moreover, it is off topic unless you're going to say how it relates to the chiefs. This whole thread is becoming a "Alex Sucks/No he doesn't/ Kaep is better" thread and that was never the intention.

How convenient. It will be fun reading the excuses you come up with for his poor play this season.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
This has been addressed a million times. Alex was more consistent than most of the QBs in the nfl through 2011 and 2012. And that includes the two games where his throwing hand was injured (giants and hawks).

Moreover, it is off topic unless you're going to say how it relates to the chiefs. This whole thread is becoming a "Alex Sucks/No he doesn't/ Kaep is better" thread and that was never the intention.

How convenient. It will be fun reading the excuses you come up with for his poor play this season.

Already got them. His line sucks. His interior line is crap and I think his rookie RT might be a reminder of what it was like to have Kwame. Beyond Dawyne Bowe, there are no real options. As bad as the receiving options were in SF when he played for us, it's worse in KC. Bowe is an upgrade over Crabtree, but there's no one even close to Morgan (obviously 2011) or Vernon Davis. Avery might be about the same as Kyle Williams...we'll see. No one else in the WR core is even worth discussing.

He does have a very solid RB..so that'll help. Now we'll see what he can do in almost the same circumstances he had here pre-harbaugh with a good coach.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
This has been addressed a million times. Alex was more consistent than most of the QBs in the nfl through 2011 and 2012. And that includes the two games where his throwing hand was injured (giants and hawks).

Moreover, it is off topic unless you're going to say how it relates to the chiefs. This whole thread is becoming a "Alex Sucks/No he doesn't/ Kaep is better" thread and that was never the intention.

How convenient. It will be fun reading the excuses you come up with for his poor play this season.

Already got them. His line sucks. His interior line is crap and I think his rookie RT might be a reminder of what it was like to have Kwame. Beyond Dawyne Bowe, there are no real options. As bad as the receiving options were in SF when he played for us, it's worse in KC. Bowe is an upgrade over Crabtree, but there's no one even close to Morgan (obviously 2011) or Vernon Davis. Avery might be about the same as Kyle Williams...we'll see. No one else in the WR core is even worth discussing.

He does have a very solid RB..so that'll help. Now we'll see what he can do in almost the same circumstances he had here pre-harbaugh with a good coach.

If Alex is so consistent, then why was his rating sporadic from game to game?

He appears to be consistent because he is short passer and mostly throws to high percentage target, which is the inning backs and TE. If he threw more to his WRs, his percentage would drop drastically due to his limitations.
Originally posted by Joecool:
If Alex is so consistent, then why was his rating sporadic from game to game?

He appears to be consistent because he is short passer and mostly throws to high percentage target, which is the inning backs and TE. If he threw more to his WRs, his percentage would drop drastically due to his limitations.

This is one of the funniest post you have ever created...so determined to knock Smith? Who are the best QBs in the league, and how consistent are they? Or maybe they're not so good based on their lack of consistency?



Ouch...20? 30? and they are the best? How can it be?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
If Alex is so consistent, then why was his rating sporadic from game to game?

He appears to be consistent because he is short passer and mostly throws to high percentage target, which is the inning backs and TE. If he threw more to his WRs, his percentage would drop drastically due to his limitations.

This is one of the funniest post you have ever created...so determined to knock Smith? Who are the best QBs in the league, and how consistent are they? Or maybe they're not so good based on their lack of consistency?



Ouch...20? 30? and they are the best? How can it be?

Wants your point and what determines WR#?