There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I guess this our thread..the ying and the yang

Well, this is here is frequently no fun for me. I'd just as soon have Alex's name disappear from the WZ at this point, as it is now abundantly clear that with every bit of KC info that comes in here, the detractors have to continue with their nasty, bitter, recycled hate of the QB.

It is both fascinating and horrific that the detractors so happy to see Alex gone can not simply let him be gone. Can you explain why that is?

Well i guess it would have to do with ones posting info about Chiefs.

if there wasn't a thread about it..i can pretty much guarantee that i wouldn't be posting about AS
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Well i guess it would have to do with ones posting info about Chiefs.

if there wasn't a thread about it..i can pretty much guarantee that i wouldn't be posting about AS

So you are irritated that there is a Chiefs/Alex thread at all, but choose to enter it and help add to it.

Well... okay. Fine by me and even better if the mods choose to . I would rather that than to have it become what it has.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Well i guess it would have to do with ones posting info about Chiefs.

if there wasn't a thread about it..i can pretty much guarantee that i wouldn't be posting about AS

So you are irritated that there is a Chiefs/Alex thread at all, but choose to enter it and help add to it.

Well... okay. Fine by me and even better if the mods choose to . I would rather that than to have it become what it has.

no need to lock...i actually like reading it
Smith's perspective on Jenkins

Link

Followed by Jenkins himself.
I've been a big AS supporter for the last few years....

It was tough to watch the NFCC loss, the way it went down. And I'm talking about the passing game that night, not the fumbles...

So I said "ok, no legit WRs that day besides Crabtree".....let's get him WRs. So we did.

I'd say he did incorporate WRs more in '12 than '11, but only in the short/intermediate game. I know this sounds crazy, but I think Alex the slinger (take that with a grain of salt) regressed from '11 to '12. From my memory the 3rd downs got better last year (slightly) but there actually were more vertical shots in '11 than '12. That bomb to Ginn on Thanksgiving.....the '12 Smith doesn't attempt that. I dunno....that part seemed strange to me.

Outside the Bills game, when did he really sling it downfield.....that 55 yard heave to Moss against the Giants? That's all I can think of.

Last year was supposed to be the end all year.....we'll never truly know what would have happened, but it's not like any of us are losing sleep over it either.

To be fair, I'll give my son a few games in the regular season before passing judgment. Unless KC turns into a #1 D & ST unit this season, it's safe to say we'll finally get the real AS this year.

It's unfortunate how things turned out.....his '06 season looked very much like a QB with big play potential more than the QB he is now.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Aug 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I've been a big AS supporter for the last few years....

It was tough to watch the NFCC loss, the way it went down. And I'm talking about the passing game that night, not the fumbles...

So I said "ok, no legit WRs that day besides Crabtree".....let's get him WRs. So we did.

I'd say he did incorporate WRs more in '12 than '11, but only in the short/intermediate game. I know this sounds crazy, but I think Alex the slinger (take that with a grain of salt) regressed from '11 to '12. From my memory the 3rd downs got better last year (slightly) but there actually were more vertical shots in '11 than '12. That bomb to Ginn on Thanksgiving.....the '12 Smith doesn't attempt that. I dunno....that part seemed strange to me.

Outside the Bills game, when did he really sling it downfield.....that 55 yard heave to Moss against the Giants? That's all I can think of.

Last year was supposed to be the end all year.....we'll never truly know what would have happened, but it's not like any of us are losing sleep over it either.

To be fair, I'll give my son a few games in the regular season before passing judgment. Unless KC turns into a #1 D & ST unit this season, it's safe to say we'll finally get the real AS this year.

It's unfortunate how things turned out.....his '06 season looked very much like a QB with big play potential more than the QB he is now.

With the except of the Giants and Vikings, Smith and the Niners played against teams with very suspect run defense. Yes, even Seattle defense that the media was so quick to jump on. And a couple of defenses that was just bad. So I think part of not 'sling it downfield' is the offense trying to take advantage of weak ass run defenses.

Smith is not a Niner so I care even less whether or often he goes deep, short, or intermediate. Although I do like to follow him to the Chiefs and want to see him have success with them.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Well, this is here is frequently no fun for me. I'd just as soon have Alex's name disappear from the WZ at this point, as it is now abundantly clear that with every bit of KC info that comes in here, the detractors have to continue with their nasty, bitter, recycled hate of the QB.

It is both fascinating and horrific that the detractors so happy to see Alex gone can not simply let him be gone. Can you explain why that is?


Same reason why you won't let him go and continue to support him despite not being part of the franchise anymore. You thought highly of him others didn't. Either way that opinion doesn't just go away.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Well, this is here is frequently no fun for me. I'd just as soon have Alex's name disappear from the WZ at this point, as it is now abundantly clear that with every bit of KC info that comes in here, the detractors have to continue with their nasty, bitter, recycled hate of the QB.

It is both fascinating and horrific that the detractors so happy to see Alex gone can not simply let him be gone. Can you explain why that is?


Same reason why you won't let him go and continue to support him despite not being part of the franchise anymore. You thought highly of him others didn't. Either way that opinion doesn't just go away.

Hmm, if you think about it, the reasons are not the same... at all.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I've been a big AS supporter for the last few years....

It was tough to watch the NFCC loss, the way it went down. And I'm talking about the passing game that night, not the fumbles...

So I said "ok, no legit WRs that day besides Crabtree".....let's get him WRs. So we did.

I'd say he did incorporate WRs more in '12 than '11, but only in the short/intermediate game. I know this sounds crazy, but I think Alex the slinger (take that with a grain of salt) regressed from '11 to '12. From my memory the 3rd downs got better last year (slightly) but there actually were more vertical shots in '11 than '12. That bomb to Ginn on Thanksgiving.....the '12 Smith doesn't attempt that. I dunno....that part seemed strange to me.

Outside the Bills game, when did he really sling it downfield.....that 55 yard heave to Moss against the Giants? That's all I can think of.

Last year was supposed to be the end all year.....we'll never truly know what would have happened, but it's not like any of us are losing sleep over it either.

To be fair, I'll give my son a few games in the regular season before passing judgment. Unless KC turns into a #1 D & ST unit this season, it's safe to say we'll finally get the real AS this year.

It's unfortunate how things turned out.....his '06 season looked very much like a QB with big play potential more than the QB he is now.

With the except of the Giants and Vikings, Smith and the Niners played against teams with very suspect run defense. Yes, even Seattle defense that the media was so quick to jump on. And a couple of defenses that was just bad. So I think part of not 'sling it downfield' is the offense trying to take advantage of weak ass run defenses.

Smith is not a Niner so I care even less whether or often he goes deep, short, or intermediate. Although I do like to follow him to the Chiefs and want to see him have success with them.

Don't forget the Jets game...probably one of the worst games Smith played of 2012...and we blew out the Jets
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Well, this is here is frequently no fun for me. I'd just as soon have Alex's name disappear from the WZ at this point, as it is now abundantly clear that with every bit of KC info that comes in here, the detractors have to continue with their nasty, bitter, recycled hate of the QB.

It is both fascinating and horrific that the detractors so happy to see Alex gone can not simply let him be gone. Can you explain why that is?


Same reason why you won't let him go and continue to support him despite not being part of the franchise anymore. You thought highly of him others didn't. Either way that opinion doesn't just go away.

Hmm, if you think about it, the reasons are not the same... at all.

Yeah, that's a pretty bizarre response. If you disliked Alex and are glad to be rid of him, it stands to reason that you would be happier that he's gone and never (or rarely) have to speak his name. Instead, it seems people are obsessed with continuing to follow him around (even to KC forums) and try to minimize him. Makes sense that fans of his would keep an active interest... makes no sense that those disliking him would go out of their way to keep the discussion going.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Don't forget the Jets game...probably one of the worst games Smith played of 2012...and we blew out the Jets

You just looking at his yardage total? Alex barely had to do anything... we ran down their throats to the tune of 250+ yards.
@ Mr.Mcgibblets

Do you know where's the best site for buying Alex Smith Fatheads? Also, would I get a discount for buying more than 5 at a time?
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,843
Alex just never had the "IT" factor coming out the draft that year I watched ALOT of Cal games and seen a lot of Aaron Rodgers and that guy has "IT" Kap has "IT" Alex never did
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
@ Mr.Mcgibblets

Do you know where's the best site for buying Alex Smith Fatheads? Also, would I get a discount for buying more than 5 at a time?

nope.. never bought any Alex stuff.. last jersey I bought was a Bryant Young one. Good luck finding what you need.