There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by captveg:
I seem to recall 49er fans being rather pissed at New Orleans in a pre-season game in a previous year for blitzing a lot and abusing our QBs. SF simply just did the same thing to KC. Game planning makes a huge difference, ESPECIALLY against blitz packages. Reading a lot into this game is silliness, either way.

With our 2nd stringers....

If you don't plan for blitz packages and don't pick them up the personnel doing the blitzing won't make too much of a difference.

When the Saints did it to SF that previous pre-season game they didn't have all their starters in, and they were a mediocre defense at best, but still made the SF starting o-line look terrible.

They blitzed right out of the gates with their starters...and on the first game...this was the second game and we weren't sending the house on every play like the saints

Only 19 more posts and you'll be the top poster in this thread about a former 49er that you don't care about. You can do eet!!

Obvious that I do care

would you stop?
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:


Hope his receivers learn to catch.

He didn't have a good enough angle to make the throw while hitting the receiver in stride, so he did the right/smart thing and threw the ball away instead of throwing a pic and/or getting himself and the receiver blew up. Sometimes you have to live to fight another day instead of always trying to put a cape on like Romo.




He doesnt even give his guys a chance. Typical Alex.

typical alex 19-5-1 past 2 years...maybe you would prefer typical mark sanchez...by the way why didnt you post the deep pass to baldwin where ashomoghua and baldwin feet tangled...that might have been a score but for the entaglement but i guess that didnt fit the agenda....i mean if that had been a niners going down on the route i dont think niners fans blame the qb
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:


Hope his receivers learn to catch.

He didn't have a good enough angle to make the throw while hitting the receiver in stride, so he did the right/smart thing and threw the ball away instead of throwing a pic and/or getting himself and the receiver blew up. Sometimes you have to live to fight another day instead of always trying to put a cape on like Romo.




He doesnt even give his guys a chance. Typical Alex.

typical alex 19-5-1 past 2 years...maybe you would prefer typical mark sanchez...by the way why didnt you post the deep pass to baldwin where ashomoghua and baldwin feet tangled...that might have been a score but for the entaglement but i guess that didnt fit the agenda....i mean if that had been a niners going down on the route i dont think niners fans blame the qb

I guess the 6 years before that dont count
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,489
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

#Chiefs QB Alex Smith has 14 completions in preseason. 12 to RBs & TEs. 2 completions to WR (both McCluster). Bowe 1 target, incomplete.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
I guess the 6 years before that dont count

Did anyone care about Steve Young's first 4 NFL years and should they have? How about Rich Gannon's first several years? It's all about the what-have-u-done-4-me-lately.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Aug 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It would have taken too much arm strength for him to make that Kaep throw

Lol. Kaep's arm is way stronger than smith's. who is arguing that?
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by captveg:
I seem to recall 49er fans being rather pissed at New Orleans in a pre-season game in a previous year for blitzing a lot and abusing our QBs. SF simply just did the same thing to KC. Game planning makes a huge difference, ESPECIALLY against blitz packages. Reading a lot into this game is silliness, either way.

With our 2nd stringers....

If you don't plan for blitz packages and don't pick them up the personnel doing the blitzing won't make too much of a difference.

When the Saints did it to SF that previous pre-season game they didn't have all their starters in, and they were a mediocre defense at best, but still made the SF starting o-line look terrible.

They blitzed right out of the gates with their starters...and on the first game...this was the second game and we weren't sending the house on every play like the saints

Only 19 more posts and you'll be the top poster in this thread about a former 49er that you don't care about. You can do eet!!

Obvious that I do care

would you stop?
Save that admission! It's clearly personal.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
I guess the 6 years before that dont count

Did anyone care about Steve Young's first 4 NFL years and should they have? How about Rich Gannon's first several years? It's all about the what-have-u-done-4-me-lately.

That was a serious post hidden by a joking smiley, put together is still as ridiculous as can be. But I'm still rooting for the kid.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
I guess the 6 years before that dont count

Did anyone care about Steve Young's first 4 NFL years and should they have? How about Rich Gannon's first several years? It's all about the what-have-u-done-4-me-lately.

That was a serious post hidden by a joking smiley, put together is still as ridiculous as can be. But I'm still rooting for the kid.

Feel free to explain the ridiculousness, if you want. If not, then no problem.
Originally posted by captveg:
I seem to recall 49er fans being rather pissed at New Orleans in a pre-season game in a previous year for blitzing a lot and abusing our QBs. SF simply just did the same thing to KC. Game planning makes a huge difference, ESPECIALLY against blitz packages. Reading a lot into this game is silliness, either way.

First off, they didn't start blitzing right out of the gate like the Saints did. Secondly, almost every blitz was with a db which was putting pressure on the rest of the defensive backfield. Fangio explained what he was doing. He didn't start calling them until a little after the beginning of the game and he had a reason. He wanted to see his 3rd through 6th corners trying to stay with receivers one-on-one in a blitzing situation where one DB is taken out of the coverage.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
I guess the 6 years before that dont count

Did anyone care about Steve Young's first 4 NFL years and should they have? How about Rich Gannon's first several years? It's all about the what-have-u-done-4-me-lately.


You're comparing Steve Young to Alex Smith. Not even worth responding to IMO.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
You're comparing Steve Young to Alex Smith. Not even worth responding to IMO.

I am saying that one QB pretty well sucked or was underwhelming in his early years, yet later became good. Did people think Steve still sucked in the 90's just because he sucked in the 80's?

... but all your mind sees is "OMGzz comparison between Steve and Alex!!! OMGzzz..."

c'mon now.
KC Chiefs preseason game No. 2: Fortunately, unfortunately

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/18/4632774/kansas-city-chiefs-preseason-game-recap-san-francisco-49ers


Some fans I've talked to are convinced that the Chiefs DL is going to be the weak link that prevents the defense from taking the next step (or rather, the next five steps, considering the struggles last year). I happen to not be one of them, but those doubts being voiced caused me to take a very close look at Tyson Jackson, Mike DeVito, and Dontari Poe Friday night. The Niners rep one of the toughest, most mauling lines in all of football. The played several series against the Chiefs (19 snaps for all but Staley), so we got a chance to see some action there. I'm happy to report that the Chiefs front three stood tall against a stout group. In fact, they did better than that. They were basically immovable most of the night. I was worried Poe in particular would wilt after getting every Chiefs fan excited last week. He did not. TJax did a great job, and DeVito showed in a game featuring the guy he replaced (Glenn Dorsey) why he's an upgrade. The DL did well, and that's very good news for our team this season.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for DelCed2486.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
You're comparing Steve Young to Alex Smith. Not even worth responding to IMO.

I am saying that one QB pretty well sucked or was underwhelming in his early years, yet later became good. Did people think Steve still sucked in the 90's just because he sucked in the 80's?

... but all your mind sees is "OMGzz comparison between Steve and Alex!!! OMGzzz..."

c'mon now.

Did you actually watch Steve Young in the 80s? He had one full year as starter (1986) in TB before he came to SF, and while he wasn't awesome that one year, he wasn't terrible, and considering he was on a horrible team, he put up decent enough numbers to the point he intrigued one Bill Walsh. And he didn't "suck in the 80s" with the 49ers...look at what he did coming off the bench in 1987, his first year with the Niners. He nearly unseated Montana as the starter in 1988, and arguably saved Montana/Walsh with his run vs. the Vikings, as they may have missed the playoffs without that win. Anyone who says Young sucked in the 80s, especially as it pertains to 87-89 with the 49ers, doesn't know jack.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Aug 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Did you actually watch Steve Young in the 80s? He had one full year as starter (1986) in TB before he came to SF, and while he wasn't awesome that one year, he wasn't terrible, and considering he was on a horrible team, he put up decent enough numbers to the point he intrigued one Bill Walsh. And he didn't "suck in the 80s" with the 49ers...look at what he did coming off the bench in 1987, his first year with the Niners. He nearly unseated Montana as the starter in 1988, and arguably saved Montana/Walsh with his run vs. the Vikings, as they may have missed the playoffs without that win. Anyone who says Young sucked in the 80s, especially as it pertains to 87-89 with the 49ers, doesn't know jack.

I did watch every 49ers game with Young, and have no problem saying that his early years for SF is a bit of a blur. At any rate, I'm fine with tossing out particular names here. The point was never about particular names. The point, which I have stated many times and believe in.. is that where a player was (performance level) many years ago is of little importance to me. I judge a player on his current level of play... on trends. Smith's trend in the last 30+ games tells me that he is a good QB. The best? No. Elite? No. How to place in a rigid QB ranking? Eh, that gets pretty tough.. as there are a lot of good QBs behind the elites.