LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Chase Daniels: "we kept everything vanilla." Reporter asks, "why chase?" Chase Replies, "Andy Reid ate all the flavored stuff."
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Chase Daniels: "we kept everything vanilla." Reporter asks, "why chase?" Chase Replies, "Andy Reid ate all the flavored stuff."

Lol
were getting a 3rd rounder lol
I remember fans here screaming for screen passes throughout Smith's tenure... Reid calls them and now we label them as dumpoffs.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I remember fans here screaming for screen passes throughout Smith's tenure... Reid calls them and now we label them as dumpoffs.

Different group of posters I believe. Those who like the WCO versus those who do not care for anything named Alex Smith. During the Nolan/Singletary years, a dump off pass was something other teams did...I can hear Iron Mike now, "Run the ball! If you throw for two yards, you could have run for two yards! OK...All the QBs to the nutcracker drill!"
Sean Smith and Brandon Flowers are impressive and are going to be a really nice cb duo. The chiefs have really good players at every level of the defense. My guess is 9-7 just missing the playoffs.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I mean really .... Who cares. No hate. But really

This.

More excited about our defense developing. If there was one QB who "knew" our defense it's Alex. I never thought he would light us up by any means but I figured he would have a 8/11 85 yards type efficient day. Our 2nd team D stepped up. Who gives a s**t about anything else.

On another note...I am definitely worried about what would happen if Kap went down. The clown brigade we have now isn't going to cut it.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I mean really .... Who cares. No hate. But really

This.

More excited about our defense developing. If there was one QB who "knew" our defense it's Alex. I never thought he would light us up by any means but I figured he would have a 8/11 85 yards type efficient day. Our 2nd team D stepped up. Who gives a s**t about anything else.

On another note...I am definitely worried about what would happen if Kap went down. The clown brigade we have now isn't going to cut it.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 18, 2013 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I seem to recall 49er fans being rather pissed at New Orleans in a pre-season game in a previous year for blitzing a lot and abusing our QBs. SF simply just did the same thing to KC. Game planning makes a huge difference, ESPECIALLY against blitz packages. Reading a lot into this game is silliness, either way.

With our 2nd stringers....

If you don't plan for blitz packages and don't pick them up the personnel doing the blitzing won't make too much of a difference.

When the Saints did it to SF that previous pre-season game they didn't have all their starters in, and they were a mediocre defense at best, but still made the SF starting o-line look terrible.

They blitzed right out of the gates with their starters...and on the first game...this was the second game and we weren't sending the house on every play like the saints
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I seem to recall 49er fans being rather pissed at New Orleans in a pre-season game in a previous year for blitzing a lot and abusing our QBs. SF simply just did the same thing to KC. Game planning makes a huge difference, ESPECIALLY against blitz packages. Reading a lot into this game is silliness, either way.

If you don't plan for blitz packages and don't pick them up the personnel doing the blitzing won't make too much of a difference.

When the Saints did it to SF that previous pre-season game they didn't have all their starters in, and they were a mediocre defense at best, but still made the SF starting o-line look terrible.

They blitzed right out of the gates with their starters...and on the first game...this was the second game and we weren't sending the house on every play like the saints

Only 19 more posts and you'll be the top poster in this thread about a former 49er that you don't care about. You can do eet!!

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Only 19 more posts and you'll be the top poster in this thread about a former 49er that you don't care about. You can do eet!!

... perfection!

Obvious that I do care
Alex didn't audible out of that jailbreak blitz. He was getting byitched at by Andy Reid all game.His Wr and TE's not named Fasano dropped ALOT of easy passes though.

Obvious that I do care

Originally posted by HudsonValley:

Hope his receivers learn to catch.

He didn't have a good enough angle to make the throw while hitting the receiver in stride, so he did the right/smart thing and threw the ball away instead of throwing a pic and/or getting himself and the receiver blew up. Sometimes you have to live to fight another day instead of always trying to put a cape on like Romo.
Share 49ersWebzone