There are 308 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
blah blah blah... Alex will be fine. He isn't wowing me like I would ideally want, but he's doing okay with a new and flawed team. Just needs to stop targeting Baldwin, That dude sucks. Too many drops and poor route angles (looking at you on one, Bowe). There were a few annoying decisions (indecisions) from Alex, but as usual, people are overreacting with their extreme bias.

wow im actually shocked you admitted something lol

Yeah, I don't think the dude is perfect. There were a few plays that disappointed me. I can see how people call him limited. I still think he can improve his game, and he will probably need to, since the Chiefs have some flaws to work out.

Like their wrs need to start catching the ball for a start.
The difference is really a matter of 15 picks in the draft.

8 and 8, picking around pick 49.

2 and 14- picking 65.

I thought Captain check down or Alex looked exactly how he did with the Niners. Afraid to push the ball, willing to take sacks, and averaging below 3 yards a play. Recipe for disaster.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The difference is really a matter of 15 picks in the draft.

8 and 8, picking around pick 49.

2 and 14- picking 65.

I thought Captain check down or Alex looked exactly how he did with the Niners. Afraid to push the ball, willing to take sacks, and averaging below 3 yards a play. Recipe for disaster.

It will be interesting to see how much of that he can do until he starts forcing throws downfield. KCs defense will dictate a lot of that
Without Charles the team would be under-powered in the run game but they still have a nice team. It all depends on how quickly they can absorb Reid's system and whether Smith can play up to last years standards in this system.

8-8 minimal expectation, 9-7 would be a good year.
blah blah blah... Alex will be fine. He isn't wowing me like I would ideally want, but he's doing okay with a new and flawed team. Just needs to stop targeting Baldwin, That dude sucks. Too many drops and poor route angles (looking at you on one, Bowe). There were a few annoying decisions (indecisions) from Alex, but as usual, people are overreacting with their extreme bias.

Yeah, I don't think the dude is perfect. There were a few plays that disappointed me. I can see how people call him limited. I still think he can improve his game, and he will probably need to, since the Chiefs have some flaws to work out.

Yeah, that was tough. If Kelce or Davis don't have those consecutive drops, KC is likely scoring again on their opening drive. Then Alex boldly threw a deep in route to Baldwin. The pass nicely went right over the outstretched hand of the ILB (57, I think) underneath and into Baldwin's arms... dropped.

There were definitely a few pass plays where even I was saying, "oh, come on Alex, wtf."

Yeah, that was tough. If Kelce or Davis don't have those consecutive drops, KC is likely scoring again on their opening drive. Then Alex boldly threw a deep in route to Baldwin. The pass nicely went right over the outstretched hand of the ILB (57, I think) underneath and into Baldwin's arms... dropped.

There were definitely a few pass plays where even I was saying, "oh, come on Alex, wtf."

He does have off days and that's to be expected...particularly in the preseason. Smith has always been slow to implement an offence--needing to get it all through his thought process until it becomes more automatic. I say "more" automatic because he is not a really fluid natural player, but a smart careful player. But it will be fun to follow the two teams and it would be great to get a 2nd round pick next year.

Hope his receivers learn to catch.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Really hmmmmm..........I was saying SACK THAT MOTHER f**kER!!

oldman those drops were passes that hit the receiver in stride, and they could have ran for good yards after, if they caught the ball...i thought they were always telling us here that smith didnt hit receivers in stride
Originally posted by jimrat:

werent you actually saying "sack and hurt that motherf**ker"
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

uh Joe I need to more...what is his record in the last 2 years when the opponent scores at least 24 points--i mean we can all agree that in the past two years he had superior coaching and a very good supporting cast of olineman and playmakers.....before then, not so much...i mean look at what the defense was giving up in 2005 and 2006...there were games when the skins scored 50 the bears and chiefs put up iover 40...i mean even with superior coaching and a very good supporting cast kaerpenick, a great young talent, could not overcome the 42 the seahawks put on the board

cmon joe, lets look into it a little more...i mean i appreciate that you offer actual numbers and observations to support your arguments against Smith, more so than the typical cyber bullies, who werent heard from last week when Smith hit 7-8 and led his team to a td in his sole drive...
[ Edited by hofer36 on Aug 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:

meh.... preseason game.. inconsequential.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
So glad to be on the other side of Alex Smith and see The Alexcuses.

colin kaerepnick is a great young talent, im not meaning to be disparaging of him here, but im sure youve heard many posters say "but jhe has only had 10 starts" youve probably said so yourself, maybe when talking about a play like the 4th and 5 in the superbowl or the pick on the pass to moss...fact is that somes times an excuse is justified....roman didnt give kaeprnick a good set of plays on the last drive vs ravens...is that a kaerpscus ofr a legit point?
Originally posted by kcfan11:
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

Bump.

KC fan, Alex was on the most talented team in the league and still had issues and was very sporadic from game to game. Your guy Bowe is money wasted with Alex at QB. You guys need to spend that money on TEs with Alex at QB. Drives will stall and scores will be low because he will not try to make nifty throws because he can't. He will rarely make a good throw if he doesn't have perfect space and his legs underneath him. He will rarely adjust his aim at the last second.

He has a marginal arm and his ability is over rated. What he will provide you is a good brain that understands the playbook and how it works on paper. Veering from that to make plays is his weakness. He is a robotic player which is why he is great if everything works as designed.

One word
Limited.

Where were you last week when he carved up the Saints defense?

2 letters
BS

You mean all the checkdowns? Saints are a very aggressive defense but they forgot that Alex feeds off blitzer via his TE's and RB's. I said it after that game, if you blitz one man and focus more on the underneath targets and less outside the hashes, Smith turns into junk.

Don't worry, you will see.

The Saints allowed for Smith's reads to work as written as the plays were designed. If you blitz one man, he immediately goes to what the playbook says and will quickly eliminate his WR's as targets because he will anticipate pressure. Like I said, if the defense does not focus on the underneath targets, then Smith is Golden. If they force him to throw to his WR's in man coverage...he sucks.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
So glad to be on the other side of Alex Smith and see The Alexcuses.

colin kaerepnick is a great young talent, im not meaning to be disparaging of him here, but im sure youve heard many posters say "but jhe has only had 10 starts" youve probably said so yourself, maybe when talking about a play like the 4th and 5 in the superbowl or the pick on the pass to moss...fact is that somes times an excuse is justified....roman didnt give kaeprnick a good set of plays on the last drive vs ravens...is that a kaerpscus ofr a legit point?

Kap has a lot to prove this year because of his lack of experience. But you all seen what he is capable of. Alex Smith...I'm sorry, but if you are expecting Drew Brees-like stats, good luck. Your fanbase will get frustrated with Mr. 299 or they will blame his surroundings.

One thing is for sure, Alex leaves the fans with a feeling that there were some big plays left on that field after the game.