There are 163 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by kcfan11:
True, but they should've been able to handle a team that's in transition learning a new offense. It just goes to show that they are still a work in progress and playing against the best defense in the 49ers was going to be a huge test on how far along they are. Like I said if they didn't learn anything or do anything about how the 49ers defense played them they will not be a very good team. I for one don't see them going into the season unprepared for what you guys showed us.

A lot of you guys chalked it up to "it's a preseason game" last week and now all of a sudden it counts and we suck now. C'mon, it's obvious what's going on here and these culprits know who they are.

Good post. Some seem unable to recall the first TC of the Harbaugh era when t he team couldn't even snap the ball without disastrous results. KC is going through the WCO learning curve and I expect Reid to get them there. He did a good job in Philly until he promoted an OLine coach to DC and stayed with an eratic, running QB too long. That timing thing is so darn important in the WCO.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
blah blah blah... Alex will be fine. He isn't wowing me like I would ideally want, but he's doing okay with a new and flawed team. Just needs to stop targeting Baldwin, That dude sucks. Too many drops and poor route angles (looking at you on one, Bowe). There were a few annoying decisions (indecisions) from Alex, but as usual, people are overreacting with their extreme bias.

wow im actually shocked you admitted something lol

Yeah, I don't think the dude is perfect. There were a few plays that disappointed me. I can see how people call him limited. I still think he can improve his game, and he will probably need to, since the Chiefs have some flaws to work out.
blah blah blah... Alex will be fine. He isn't wowing me like I would ideally want, but he's doing okay with a new and flawed team. Just needs to stop targeting Baldwin, That dude sucks. Too many drops and poor route angles (looking at you on one, Bowe). There were a few annoying decisions (indecisions) from Alex, but as usual, people are overreacting with their extreme bias.

Yeah, I don't think the dude is perfect. There were a few plays that disappointed me. I can see how people call him limited. I still think he can improve his game, and he will probably need to, since the Chiefs have some flaws to work out.

Like their wrs need to start catching the ball for a start.
The difference is really a matter of 15 picks in the draft.

8 and 8, picking around pick 49.

2 and 14- picking 65.

I thought Captain check down or Alex looked exactly how he did with the Niners. Afraid to push the ball, willing to take sacks, and averaging below 3 yards a play. Recipe for disaster.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The difference is really a matter of 15 picks in the draft.

8 and 8, picking around pick 49.

2 and 14- picking 65.

I thought Captain check down or Alex looked exactly how he did with the Niners. Afraid to push the ball, willing to take sacks, and averaging below 3 yards a play. Recipe for disaster.

It will be interesting to see how much of that he can do until he starts forcing throws downfield. KCs defense will dictate a lot of that
Without Charles the team would be under-powered in the run game but they still have a nice team. It all depends on how quickly they can absorb Reid's system and whether Smith can play up to last years standards in this system.

8-8 minimal expectation, 9-7 would be a good year.

Yeah, that was tough. If Kelce or Davis don't have those consecutive drops, KC is likely scoring again on their opening drive. Then Alex boldly threw a deep in route to Baldwin. The pass nicely went right over the outstretched hand of the ILB (57, I think) underneath and into Baldwin's arms... dropped.

There were definitely a few pass plays where even I was saying, "oh, come on Alex, wtf."

Yeah, that was tough. If Kelce or Davis don't have those consecutive drops, KC is likely scoring again on their opening drive. Then Alex boldly threw a deep in route to Baldwin. The pass nicely went right over the outstretched hand of the ILB (57, I think) underneath and into Baldwin's arms... dropped.

There were definitely a few pass plays where even I was saying, "oh, come on Alex, wtf."

He does have off days and that's to be expected...particularly in the preseason. Smith has always been slow to implement an offence--needing to get it all through his thought process until it becomes more automatic. I say "more" automatic because he is not a really fluid natural player, but a smart careful player. But it will be fun to follow the two teams and it would be great to get a 2nd round pick next year.

Hope his receivers learn to catch.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Really hmmmmm..........I was saying SACK THAT MOTHER f**kER!!

oldman those drops were passes that hit the receiver in stride, and they could have ran for good yards after, if they caught the ball...i thought they were always telling us here that smith didnt hit receivers in stride
Originally posted by jimrat:

werent you actually saying "sack and hurt that motherf**ker"
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

uh Joe I need to more...what is his record in the last 2 years when the opponent scores at least 24 points--i mean we can all agree that in the past two years he had superior coaching and a very good supporting cast of olineman and playmakers.....before then, not so much...i mean look at what the defense was giving up in 2005 and 2006...there were games when the skins scored 50 the bears and chiefs put up iover 40...i mean even with superior coaching and a very good supporting cast kaerpenick, a great young talent, could not overcome the 42 the seahawks put on the board

cmon joe, lets look into it a little more...i mean i appreciate that you offer actual numbers and observations to support your arguments against Smith, more so than the typical cyber bullies, who werent heard from last week when Smith hit 7-8 and led his team to a td in his sole drive...
[ Edited by hofer36 on Aug 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:

meh.... preseason game.. inconsequential.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
So glad to be on the other side of Alex Smith and see The Alexcuses.

colin kaerepnick is a great young talent, im not meaning to be disparaging of him here, but im sure youve heard many posters say "but jhe has only had 10 starts" youve probably said so yourself, maybe when talking about a play like the 4th and 5 in the superbowl or the pick on the pass to moss...fact is that somes times an excuse is justified....roman didnt give kaeprnick a good set of plays on the last drive vs ravens...is that a kaerpscus ofr a legit point?
Share 49ersWebzone