There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,062
Originally posted by kcfan11:
After watching that preseason game it's easy to see that Alex is not the problem. It's easy to say he is the problem especially if you hate the guy. Now let's look at the bigger picture. This was a good test to see how far along everyone on the team is, in this new offense.


Congratulations. You have officially allowed "alexcuses" to enter your vocabulary.
9-7
Originally posted by kcfan11:
After watching that preseason game it's easy to see that Alex is not the problem. It's easy to say he is the problem especially if you hate the guy. Now let's look at the bigger picture. This was a good test to see how far along everyone on the team is, in this new offense.

A test to see how good the 2nd string HB is (a rookie at that) - He's good and I can see him stepping in and contributing but not at the level Charles will.
Has Baldwin progressed - A big NO, he's still dropping passes
Kelce - Looked like he had rookie jitters, he also dropped an easy one
Fasano - Runs really good routes and has a solid connection with Alex
Blitz pick ups - We had no answer for the free blitzers and I'm glad SF did this so much and it will help us out in the future
QB play - Had a lot to do with the players around him and also still learning how to handle certain situations (has a lot on his plate)
Back up QBs - There's a clear drop off from the starter but they are all also learning a new system with limited snaps

With all this said, it's definitely a work in progress and they can only learn and get better from here. I think we need to give Avery the 2nd WR spot and Baldwin needs to ride the bench until he learns how to catch the ball. Reid will find a way to get things right and I'm confident it will show in the following weeks.


Just had a dejavu moment

Best of luck with this mess for the next 2-3 years
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Can we just dispense with all of this and cut right to it?

The people.. the same people that never thought Alex would be a 49er beyond 2007... 2008... 2009... 2010... the same people that believed he could never be a top 10 QB in passer rating or half as good as he is... for one or two years in a row...

these same people flat out don't like or respect Alex as a quarterback... for whatever reasons... because he's not a dynamic QB... because he's made them look foolish for the last however many years for being resilient... because they have grown to resent the fans of Alex.. whatever.. doesn't much matter. These same people will follow Alex around on the pretense of caring about which draft pick will belong to SF.

The obvious and clear reality is... Alex has burned them in some way or another... so even as Alex is no longer a part of the Niners... they will talk about him as often as they can in unrelated threads.. they will follow him to a Chiefs thread... likely follow him to a Chiefs forum.. and continue to dig at him and doubt him.. probably even after he retires from football... probably even after he's dead and buried. It is in the blood like a malingering toxin.

This is why anyone but Alex supporters are in this thread. If we can all just admit that much, then that really is the next step to purging the circulatory system.

edit: this may turn out to be a good quick source of TC and other KC info...

https://twitter.com/arrowheadpride


And what if Alex fails in KC, good sir ? Will you be the first in line (considering you've posted at least once or twice on almost every page of this thread) to admit that he is/was a mediocre quarterback, or should we be ready to hear (A) his coaches stink, (B) his receivers arent good enough, (C) he needs a running game, (D) oline sucks, (E) defense didnt come through OR we could go back to the classic throwbacks (F) he's only [blank] years old, (G) his hands are too small, (H) Nolan ruined his psyche when he played him with a bad shoulder, (I) shouldnt have started as a rookie just as Rodgers didnt, (J) field is in bad shape, (K) just needs time to adapt to the playbook, (L) playbook is too complicated - Reid needs to simplify it, (M) ball is too slippery in KC, (N) too windy for him to be accurate, (O) coaches are forcing him to be hesitant / conservative - not his fault.

I think Ive heard one or more of these from the so called "fanbase" during his tenure in San Francisco. Doesnt really matter to me whether he's great out there or a flop, but what I saw this past year was a 2nd year quarterback (who apparently lacked in practice) take our team to a Superbowl and almost win it, whilst going through teams like NE, NO, GB, and ATL. Clearly Kaep gave us an advantage in his 2nd year that Alex couldnt give us in his 8th.

Will be rooting for him, along with you

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275378&page=8

Wow, looks like one of our Alex Smith threads. People just raping him left and right, but the "faithful" still chiming in.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275378&page=8

Wow, looks like one of our Alex Smith threads. People just raping him left and right, but the "faithful" still chiming in.

What would you think would happen if a Broncos fan went into that thread and agreed with everything that was said?

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by kcfan11:
After watching that preseason game it's easy to see that Alex is not the problem. It's easy to say he is the problem especially if you hate the guy. Now let's look at the bigger picture. This was a good test to see how far along everyone on the team is, in this new offense.

Congratulations. You have officially allowed "alexcuses" to enter your vocabulary.
This

Alex would be a multiple SB MVP that is....if he had SB MVPs surrounding him
Was Dwayne Bowe active last night? I didn't see him mentioned at all
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Was Dwayne Bowe active last night? I didn't see him mentioned at all

he was busy negotiating. He wanted to switch Receptions with Blocks on his incentive bonus
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Was Dwayne Bowe active last night? I didn't see him mentioned at all

he was busy negotiating. He wanted to switch Receptions with Blocks on his incentive bonus

Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

Bump.

KC fan, Alex was on the most talented team in the league and still had issues and was very sporadic from game to game. Your guy Bowe is money wasted with Alex at QB. You guys need to spend that money on TEs with Alex at QB. Drives will stall and scores will be low because he will not try to make nifty throws because he can't. He will rarely make a good throw if he doesn't have perfect space and his legs underneath him. He will rarely adjust his aim at the last second.

He has a marginal arm and his ability is over rated. What he will provide you is a good brain that understands the playbook and how it works on paper. Veering from that to make plays is his weakness. He is a robotic player which is why he is great if everything works as designed.

One word
Limited.
Originally posted by Garcia:
he had a free running player on his ass there was no time to look at baldwin, if he did Smith would have gotten rocked.


I'd believe you if this wasn't common for Alex. He doesn't see the whole field.
blah blah blah... Alex will be fine. He isn't wowing me like I would ideally want, but he's doing okay with a new and flawed team. Just needs to stop targeting Baldwin, That dude sucks. Too many drops and poor route angles (looking at you on one, Bowe). There were a few annoying decisions (indecisions) from Alex, but as usual, people are overreacting with their extreme bias.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

Bump.

KC fan, Alex was on the most talented team in the league and still had issues and was very sporadic from game to game. Your guy Bowe is money wasted with Alex at QB. You guys need to spend that money on TEs with Alex at QB. Drives will stall and scores will be low because he will not try to make nifty throws because he can't. He will rarely make a good throw if he doesn't have perfect space and his legs underneath him. He will rarely adjust his aim at the last second.

He has a marginal arm and his ability is over rated. What he will provide you is a good brain that understands the playbook and how it works on paper. Veering from that to make plays is his weakness. He is a robotic player which is why he is great if everything works as designed.

One word
Limited.

Where were you last week when he carved up the Saints defense?

2 letters
BS
Originally posted by kcfan11:
Where were you last week when he carved up the Saints defense?

2 letters
BS


The Saints defense is mediocre at best
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by kcfan11:
Where were you last week when he carved up the Saints defense?

2 letters
BS


The Saints defense is mediocre at best

True, but they should've been able to handle a team that's in transition learning a new offense. It just goes to show that they are still a work in progress and playing against the best defense in the 49ers was going to be a huge test on how far along they are. Like I said if they didn't learn anything or do anything about how the 49ers defense played them they will not be a very good team. I for one don't see them going into the season unprepared for what you guys showed us.

A lot of you guys chalked it up to "it's a preseason game" last week and now all of a sudden it counts and we suck now. C'mon, it's obvious what's going on here and these culprits know who they are.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home