There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by captveg:
Progressing through his reads right to left with a corner blitz coming from his left. If he looks left sooner he gets sacked.

Preseason, guys. Preseason.

Regardless.

If progress isn't made quick, then it's not even going to matter next month when the games start to count, and defenses start sending legions upon legions of rushers after Alex in order to make him beat them with the pass.....he managed to get away with that in San Francisco with a group of teammates he was comfortable with and trusted....he has no such luxury in Kansas City.
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by captveg:
Progressing through his reads right to left with a corner blitz coming from his left. If he looks left sooner he gets sacked.

Preseason, guys. Preseason.

Regardless.

If progress isn't made quick, then it's not even going to matter next month when the games start to count, and defenses start sending legions upon legions of rushers after Alex in order to make him beat them with the pass.....he managed to get away with that in San Francisco with a group of teammates he was comfortable with and trusted....he has no such luxury in Kansas City.

Defenses will force him to throw to his WRs. That is a HUGE weakness.
Many of us seem to forget that if not for Alex (and all his stats) we might have never acquired Harbaugh as our coach. In itself, that is commendable and I thank him for that. Maybe he will be able to turn KC around as well.

In other news, maybe we can trade BJ to KC for their 2014 1st round pick.

j/k
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Then watch the ball get batted down or Alex get smacked...
Originally posted by mkmasn:

Then watch the ball get batted down or Alex get smacked...

He is really good at not getting negative yards!!!!!

Leave Alex Alone!!!!

7/11 62 yards in one half, typical Alex

And there are people around here who still think he's a top flight QB. What a joke. Limited QBs do not win.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I am seriously saying this, Cheifs backup is better than Alex.

I'd take Chase over Alex. Alex plays with way too much fear. You can blame Nolan for that if you want....but he can only win one way....and if that running game and defense is not clicking then you will lose. Chase is not as conservative/afraid to make a play.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are arguing about

~ Dropped passes
~ Poor blocking
~ QB mechanics

right now in Chiefs planet. Not kidding..... ........

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275378&page=8

That's funny on so many levels. But Alex isn't bad. They just have to understand what he is and what he isn't, just like we had to. But it's not our concern anymore.

Lol.

Remember if it weren't for Alex Smith alot of posters here would have absolutely nothing to talk about.

This.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
They are arguing about

~ Dropped passes
~ Poor blocking
~ QB mechanics

That's funny on so many levels. But Alex isn't bad. They just have to understand what he is and what he isn't, just like we had to. But it's not our concern anymore.

Lol.

Remember if it weren't for Alex Smith alot of posters here would have absolutely nothing to talk about.

This.

He also gives us something to be thankful for.
I can't change it, but my overly optimistic 11-5 is looking like a lock for 8-8. Alex struggled against our 2nd and 3rd stringers, and had his WRs drop 3 catches right on the mark. It also looked like our 1st team could move the ball at will on KC's D. Ouch. I thot these guys just needed a new Qb and a great coach. Wrong! They need new talent, and desire to win. I saw neither.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

And there are people around here who still think he's a top flight QB. What a joke. Limited QBs do not win.

he had a free running player on his ass there was no time to look at baldwin, if he did Smith would have gotten rocked.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
They are arguing about

~ Dropped passes
~ Poor blocking
~ QB mechanics

Lol.

This.

He also gives us something to be thankful for.

1-2 for -3?
After watching that preseason game it's easy to see that Alex is not the problem. It's easy to say he is the problem especially if you hate the guy. Now let's look at the bigger picture. This was a good test to see how far along everyone on the team is, in this new offense.

A test to see how good the 2nd string HB is (a rookie at that) - He's good and I can see him stepping in and contributing but not at the level Charles will.
Has Baldwin progressed - A big NO, he's still dropping passes
Kelce - Looked like he had rookie jitters, he also dropped an easy one
Fasano - Runs really good routes and has a solid connection with Alex
Blitz pick ups - We had no answer for the free blitzers and I'm glad SF did this so much and it will help us out in the future
QB play - Had a lot to do with the players around him and also still learning how to handle certain situations (has a lot on his plate)
Back up QBs - There's a clear drop off from the starter but they are all also learning a new system with limited snaps

With all this said, it's definitely a work in progress and they can only learn and get better from here. I think we need to give Avery the 2nd WR spot and Baldwin needs to ride the bench until he learns how to catch the ball. Reid will find a way to get things right and I'm confident it will show in the following weeks.
[ Edited by kcfan11 on Aug 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM ]