LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by kcfan11:
Boss? We picked up Fasano and a 3rd rounder in Travis Kelce.

We got TE's that will layout to make a catch. Do you?

Nope, we just have the fastest TE in the league and top 3 overall in the league, arguably the best, but that's it.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by hofer36:
alex smith hits delanie walker vs detroit when it counted...he hit vernon davis vs saints when it counted...he hit michael crabtree vs seahawks in 2011 when it counted ...gives me reason to act like he would have hit that td vs ravens

Who did he hit when it counted in the 2011 NFC championship game against the Giants?

Qft

Doesn't matter, I doubt we make it out of Atlanta with Alex as QB. Not with the way our D played in the first half.

I was shocked even Kap brought us back from 17-0. I thought it was over.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Nope, we just have the fastest TE in the league and top 3 overall in the league, arguably the best, but that's it.

Was that dude really implying Fasano/Kelce is superior to Vernon Davis? Oh my.....
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Was that dude really implying Fasano/Kelce is superior to Vernon Davis? Oh my.....

poor guy needs a reality check
Originally posted by GNielsen:
alex smith hits delanie walker vs detroit when it counted...he hit vernon davis vs saints when it counted...he hit michael crabtree vs seahawks in 2011 when it counted ...gives me reason to act like he would have hit that td vs ravens

Who did he hit when it counted in the 2011 NFC championship game against the Giants?

Kyle Williams knee, and the stud WRs you guys had. I forget their names, oh wait they were no names. Who were they again?

joe hastings was one

Sarcasm I know...but he hit VD deep twice in that game, but it wasn't enough. He had two come back drives the previous game. To make another comeback drive in consecutive playoff games -- the dude would be in the HOF.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
It's going to protect Kaep in the long run... everyone bunched in the middle, he breaks it outside...

Easier to close in from the corners if everyone starts behind center...though your outside guys better be damn fast to catch CK!

Didn't I read somewhere they were installing the read-option passing packages? Also, we tend to pick up good blocking receivers... And VD lining up with the receivers...

Good points, and I'm sure Harbaugh has thought this out, but I much prefer the spread to keep as many defenders out of the box as possible. The one factor that makes that wrong is team speed in the niner backfield--Kaepernick and James are quick enough to break containment so perhaps it will really work well against teams with less discipline or team speed on defense. Denver is a good example of a team you might want to spread, as are the NYGs. I would like to see more wham blocks against those teams, with the WR or TE coming back in motion to clock the outside rusher.

Part of the success of the WCO is ancient--make the defense cover every inch of the field. When you have no one on the outside, or just one receiver, you are limiting yourself and allowing the defense to concentrate in the middle. If they have really fast, good outside defenders they have an advantage. The opposite approach, which I like even less, is the Al Davis vertical game. Get the fastest guys and send them deep every play--over-simplification I know, just making a point.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

The odds of Smith scoring 35 points against Baltimore are slim to nil. I'm sure Alex would have tackled Jacoby Jones and batted down the deep ball as well. If only we played him everywhere on the field.

Last time Alex faced the Ravens, was the Thursday Night 2011 game where he was sacked 9 times, and scored 6 pts.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

The odds of Smith scoring 35 points against Baltimore are slim to nil. I'm sure Alex would have tackled Jacoby Jones and batted down the deep ball as well. If only we played him everywhere on the field.

Last time Alex faced the Ravens, was the Thursday Night 2011 game where he was sacked 9 times, and scored 6 pts.

OH OKAY! I get it now. So the last 2 times you played the Rams and the 1 time you lost to the Seahawks you scored how many points? This means there is no way you guys will beat them according to this genius way of thinking. GOT IT!
[ Edited by kcfan11 on Aug 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

poor guy needs a reality check

Where did I say they were better than Vernon Davis. 1 can argue that our TEs as a unit are better than yours, we shall see. If Moeaki can stay healthy and Kelce can get up to speed I think we have the upper hand. Couple that with our HBs and WRs our offense can be really scary! We'll see though, after all these guys are all learning a new system. It will be fun to see how it unfolds or for lack of better words how they unleash it.
[ Edited by kcfan11 on Aug 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM ]
OH OKAY! I get it now. So the last 2 times you played the Rams and the 1 time you lost to the Seahawks you scored how many points? This means there is no way you guys will beat them according to this genius way of thinking. GOT IT!

Not when your dropping TD passes, fumbling inside the 5 and missing FGs...a couple of games

don't forget you lost 14 games with your great TEs that layout for the catch

now you have a Matt Cassell 2.0 ...the only difference is that AS is faster.

It's true Reid tried to get Alex while he was with the Eagles.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/20130812/postcard-training-camp.sportsillustrated/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/20130812/postcard-training-camp.sportsillustrated/

it's so true that when AS was a free agent Reid invited him over to Philly...yeah right
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Wow. KC fans, who were the worst team in fottball last year, are here talking s**t about the QB of the NFC champions? Aids fire

We're not that far removed from it ourselves

Yeah but when we were down and out I wasn't talking mess to fans of winning teams...

it's so true that when AS was a free agent Reid invited him over to Philly...yeah right

Smh. Let. It. Go. Please.

When a team tries to TRADE for someone it means that they are NOT a free agent.
Share 49ersWebzone