LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by English:
Well, he was a starting quarterback for the 49ers so that gives him the right to be mentioned on the same breath as Joe Montana and Steve Young. So gag.

The mods here spent ages trying to keep things pleasant in here whilst posters tried to see how close to the limit they could push it in Alex Smith threads. Consequently, countless threads got locked and more posters got banned and warned.

As it seems to still bother you and some other posters, I suggest that you just stay out of this thread. I have no idea why you still feel the need to moan and b***h about a player who doesn't even play for us anymore. But you do. Pointless.

So, this thread is about the Chiefs and their likely record this year. 49ers supporters should be cheering for them on account of the draft pick. I suggest you all keep it on topic and cease trying to wind up other posters

You're going to threaten me because I don't think Smith is anything like Montana?

I think you need to look up the word threaten, because I don't think you know what it means.
Comparing Smith to Montana. Only here. Lulz. People can't tell the difference between a qb who is afraid to throe past his check downs and a qb who could make any throw, stretch the field and have the balls to make plays when it mattered. Smith's performance in that playoff game against the giants was pathetic. The stat hounds would say he was good but anyone with a brain knows his timidness is why we lost. How this guys name is mentioned in the same breath as Montana makes me gag.

I'll concede that that game will be hard to overcome for those watching with a neutral eye.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by hofer36:
maybe you missed that they scored a td on smith's drive

Apparently those don't count when the ball doesn't travel over 5 yards to a wr.

yes among the new rule changes is the one where scoring is in accord with degree of difficulty ala diving and gymnastics
Comparing Smith to Montana. Only here. Lulz. People can't tell the difference between a qb who is afraid to throe past his check downs and a qb who could make any throw, stretch the field and have the balls to make plays when it mattered. Smith's performance in that playoff game against the giants was pathetic. The stat hounds would say he was good but anyone with a brain knows his timidness is why we lost. How this guys name is mentioned in the same breath as Montana makes me gag.

if i saw you gagging i would move on
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by kcfan11:
Originally posted by cciowa:
What's funny is you guys needed a 5 yard "check down" to win the Superbowl!

what did he say wrong? we needed a coach or oc with guts and balls at the end of the game. if you are a friend of the coach or oc, so be it.

Thanks. I find it hilarious that people come on here and state their distain for short passes but when you guys needed it most, there was nothing wrong with the QB missing in that situation.

First off that was cheap shot on our team...plus you act like AS will hit that TD with a 1.2 TD a game average..

If English is saying be nice...well it should be the same for other fans

alex smith hits delanie walker vs detroit when it counted...he hit vernon davis vs saints when it counted...he hit michael crabtree vs seahawks in 2011 when it counted ...gives me reason to act like he would have hit that td vs ravens
[ Edited by hofer36 on Aug 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The only thing I do not like about the Harbaugh offense is that it tends to bunch up in the middle of the field and now the Pistol seems to be doing even more so. I have always preferred a spread so that the defense would have to be honest. The virtue of the pistol is that the team can still motion anywhere quickly forcing the defense to move with them. I really do not like the jumbo set...just hasn't been effective! Perhaps it was a compensation for the OLine being unsettled?

It's going to protect Kaep in the long run... everyone bunched in the middle, he breaks it outside...
Originally posted by mkmasn:
It's going to protect Kaep in the long run... everyone bunched in the middle, he breaks it outside...

Easier to close in from the corners if everyone starts behind center...though your outside guys better be damn fast to catch CK!

what did he say wrong? we needed a coach or oc with guts and balls at the end of the game. if you are a friend of the coach or oc, so be it.

Thanks. I find it hilarious that people come on here and state their distain for short passes but when you guys needed it most, there was nothing wrong with the QB missing in that situation.

First off that was cheap shot on our team...plus you act like AS will hit that TD with a 1.2 TD a game average..

alex smith hits delanie walker vs detroit when it counted...he hit vernon davis vs saints when it counted...he hit michael crabtree vs seahawks in 2011 when it counted ...gives me reason to act like he would have hit that td vs ravens

Alex Smith has played a total of 82 NFL games (including his 2 playoff appearances) and you're able to provide only 3 examples of him hitting a pass "when it counted." 3 out of 82 makes you believe he would have hit that TD?

I'm not trying to bash the guy, but 3 good plays out of such a large sample size doesn't make him the new comeback kid.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Alex Smith has played a total of 82 NFL games (including his 2 playoff appearances) and you're able to provide only 3 examples of him hitting a pass "when it counted." 3 out of 82 makes you believe he would have hit that TD?

I'm not trying to bash the guy, but 3 good plays out of such a large sample size doesn't make him the new comeback kid.

1. They're examples not the totality of his body of work. Examples that every 9er fan should know.
2. We all know that this team with or without Alex would have sucked prior to Harbaugh coming on board. There is 1 maybe 2 QBs in the NFL that could have overcome that situation with any degree of success. One of them is playing in Denver right now.
3. If you're going to judge the guy on his current ability, you really only have the past 2 seasons to judge him by because the difference in the play is so significant regardless of the excuses for why he played poorly in the past be it bad teams or injuries.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

1. They're examples not the totality of his body of work. Examples that every 9er fan should know.
2. We all know that this team with or without Alex would have sucked prior to Harbaugh coming on board. There is 1 maybe 2 QBs in the NFL that could have overcome that situation with any degree of success. One of them is playing in Denver right now.
3. If you're going to judge the guy on his current ability, you really only have the past 2 seasons to judge him by because the difference in the play is so significant regardless of the excuses for why he played poorly in the past be it bad teams or injuries.

The only point I was trying to make is you cannot take 3 plays and use them as evidence that Alex would have hit the TD pass in the Super Bowl. Nobody knows if he would or would not have hit the TD and 3 plays from the past do not prove he would have.

You can't be serious... He gave 3 examples. Now he's suppose to remember back the last 8 years to give you specific examples ... There's a couple of last minute drives against the Cards in 2 separate games in different years, that Smith came through also early in his career. But both teams were so bad no one wants to remember or care to...

And lets not forget the come back drives against the Eagles, the game that turned the season into 13-3 momentum. The drive against the Bengals in the following weeks. 3 out of 82 that's funny. I guess you don't remember any comeback by Smith for yourself...

Oh, and the Saints playoff game....oh NVM
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
I'll root for the Chiefs as my second team because fvck the raiders.

I can see the Chiefs going deep into the playoffs.

GREAT RB,WR,CB CORE, MLB,FB,

DECENT QB , OLINE,DE CORE

MEH AT PENALTIES AND ST.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

MEH AT PENALTIES AND ST.

Our TEs are a decent group too. The offense as a whole has enough talent to do damage from all over the field, and if Alex continues to find the right place to go with the ball it could be a very dangerous offense.

Empire49, I'm certain that Alex never had the talent around him that he has now in those 82 games you are talking about. I guess what you're trying to say is since Kap choked at the 5 yard line 3/4 times in the Super Bowl he will continue to do that?
[ Edited by kcfan11 on Aug 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]

MEH AT PENALTIES AND ST.

Our TEs are a decent group too. The offense as a whole has enough talent to do damage from all over the field, and if Alex continues to find the right place to go with the ball it could be a very dangerous offense.

Empire49, I'm certain that Alex never had the talent around him that he has now in those 82 games you are talking about. I guess what you're trying to say is since Kap choked at the 5 yard line 3/4 times in the Super Bowl he will continue to do that?

Wow. KC fans, who were the worst team in fottball last year, are here talking s**t about the QB of the NFC champions? Aids fire

MEH AT PENALTIES AND ST.

TE's - Moaeki or whatever is good. Boss is slow a f.
Share 49ersWebzone