There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kcfan11:
What's funny is you guys needed a 5 yard "check down" to win the Superbowl!

we should have ran the god damn ball in. ed podolak would have scored i like to go old school when fans of the opposing team show up! I may be wrong but i bet most of you chiefs fans are just thrilled with what alex has shown you so far, esp when you compare it to last years fiasco
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Montana making 14 plays 80 yds drives, they would call it 'picking apart the defense' -- a surgeon.

For Smith, it's 'captain check down'.

That was a pure WCO drive like back in the 80's that Smith and the Chiefs put out. Chiefs fans should be happy. Lets see if the Chiefs can continue to build.

Back in the 80's Taylor, Rice etc were making more plays. Alex doesn't even look to throw to a receiver. Did a Montana or Young team ever have Roger Craig as the leading receiver? Did any of those teams EVER have the FG kicker breaking scoring records? Anyway glad we finally got the courage to cut him loose. I don't see him doing anything in that division with Manning plus he has to go to the Black Hole annually. It's going to be a bumpy ride for sure. Go Niners!!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Back in the 80's Taylor, Rice etc were making more plays. Alex doesn't even look to throw to a receiver. Did a Montana or Young team ever have Roger Craig as the leading receiver? Did any of those teams EVER have the FG kicker breaking scoring records? Anyway glad we finally got the courage to cut him loose. I don't see him doing anything in that division with Manning plus he has to go to the Black Hole annually. It's going to be a bumpy ride for sure. Go Niners!!

alex makes them better that what they were last year. I think he is a breath of fresh air for the team and for the city. I believe they will battle denver for the title, the black hole is like arnez battle, over rated by the zone. the chargers suck and I believe manning will come back down to earth and would not be surprised if he ends up pathetic like joe namath in rams blue and yellow or johnny unitas in chargers blue. i would be interested in hearing from chiefs fans as i bet you most of them are pretty darn happy and optimistic this year. if alex does well, they do well and we will do well in regards to a draft pick
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

what did he say wrong? we needed a coach or oc with guts and balls at the end of the game. if you are a friend of the coach or oc, so be it.
Originally posted by English:
Well, he was a starting quarterback for the 49ers so that gives him the right to be mentioned on the same breath as Joe Montana and Steve Young. So gag.

The mods here spent ages trying to keep things pleasant in here whilst posters tried to see how close to the limit they could push it in Alex Smith threads. Consequently, countless threads got locked and more posters got banned and warned.

As it seems to still bother you and some other posters, I suggest that you just stay out of this thread. I have no idea why you still feel the need to moan and b***h about a player who doesn't even play for us anymore. But you do. Pointless.

So, this thread is about the Chiefs and their likely record this year. 49ers supporters should be cheering for them on account of the draft pick. I suggest you all keep it on topic and cease trying to wind up other posters

You're going to threaten me because I don't think Smith is anything like Montana?

Wasn't Craig the first HB to ever run and receive for 1,000 yards? I would love if it Jamal Charles did the same and have Bowe lead in receiving yards, that would be awesome. I'm excited for the possibilities of this offense!

Question for you guys.

Would you be excited if you guys had Jamal Charles, Dexter McCluster, and Dwane Bowe on your team?
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
You're going to threaten me because I don't think Smith is anything like Montana?

Test him...please?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
you know why english said that to you,, i hate it when posters act stupid at least with me, when i rant and rave, its not an act
Originally posted by cciowa:

alex makes them better that what they were last year. I think he is a breath of fresh air for the team and for the city. I believe they will battle denver for the title, the black hole is like arnez battle, over rated by the zone. the chargers suck and I believe manning will come back down to earth and would not be surprised if he ends up pathetic like joe namath in rams blue and yellow or johnny unitas in chargers blue. i would be interested in hearing from chiefs fans as i bet you most of them are pretty darn happy and optimistic this year. if alex does well, they do well and we will do well in regards to a draft pick

Fair enough CC. I am just so excited about this season. I too was curious so I watched the Chiefs first drive and had a complete Deja Vu. Go Niners!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Wasn't Craig the first HB to ever run and receive for 1,000 yards? I would love if it Jamal Charles did the same and have Bowe lead in receiving yards, that would be awesome. I'm excited for the possibilities of this offense!

Question for you guys.

Would you be excited if you guys had Jamal Charles, Dexter McCluster, and Dwane Bowe on your team?
I think we have some fine young kids coming up plus two guys coming back from injuries and I do not know much about your team but I would always take bowe from you. Now you tell me,, are you and chiefs fans you know happy with alex ? i think he is a fine quarterback, a good leader and a good person for your city. this is from someone just up the road in central iowa!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

what did he say wrong? we needed a coach or oc with guts and balls at the end of the game. if you are a friend of the coach or oc, so be it.

Thanks. I find it hilarious that people come on here and state their distain for short passes but when you guys needed it most, there was nothing wrong with the QB missing in that situation.

Question for you guys.

Look where it got us for 7 years is all I'm sayin and your Defense and ST aren't nearly as stout as the 49ers. I wish him the best and the chiefs the best because the Niners can get a 2nd rounder possibly. Ill watch a lot of his drives I'm sure this season. We will see how it goes. Go Niners!!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Montana making 14 plays 80 yds drives, they would call it 'picking apart the defense' -- a surgeon.

For Smith, it's 'captain check down'.

That was a pure WCO drive like back in the 80's that Smith and the Chiefs put out. Chiefs fans should be happy. Lets see if the Chiefs can continue to build.

There were scoring drives of Montana that looks a lot like the one of Chiefs the other night. There were occasional long balls, but some are made because Rice and Taylor ran the rest of the way after making a short to intermediate gain, taking advantage of the linebacker (they were slower back then, with little coverage skills)

The difference is, there aren't a lot of RAC with the Chiefs, or overall in the NFL these days. Not sure why. Maybe because the league is going with smaller receivers on the field. So there's less physical blocking downfield for the receiver needing his teammates to make the block. Or with faster LB they are able to recover better after the WR made the catch.

I'm seeing similarity of 1 drive of Smith and the Chiefs to some of the methodical drives of Montana. But some of you guys went on to compare Alex Smith to the whole of HOF Montana

BTW, in some games Roger Craig and Tom Rathman got to see the ball alot. Running and catching. But yes, the 80's offense at its best were more diverse.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Fair enough CC. I am just so excited about this season. I too was curious so I watched the Chiefs first drive and had a complete Deja Vu. Go Niners!!

i hate the chiefs when we play them but since i only live about three hours away from kansas city, i just felt bad for them, in a midwest way few could understand,, when they had all that bad stuff happen to them last year. I was just happy for them to get alex, both needed a fresh start, i think both are good for each other and we could get another nice draft pick at the end of the day