There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Didn't throw or run for any 50+ yarders... not impressed. They scored 7 without breaking a sweat, but not exciting... just a boring 80 yard drive in small chunks...

Typical WCO. Out of all the fan bases, I can't believe that some of you use it as a knock on Alex. Shame on you.

I was excited to see what the first team could do and even more excited now after seeing the possibilities! The dinking and dunking will open up the deep stuff and if it's not there it looks like Alex will always have a safety valve to go to that will gain positive yards. Die slow or get your head chopped off is how I see it! Sure it's preseason but I'm sure there are a lot of people especially Chiefs fans that had a lot of doubts about what we could accomplish with 1 off season with a new coaching staff and for what most thought a mediocre QB. This should at least silence some of the people that thought it would be hard for this team to build any kind of chemistry this quickly! Go Chiefs/Alex prove these SOBs you belong!
Originally posted by HearstFan:
1st Preseason Game - Smith looked smoother and more decisive than he ever did with the 49ers. The Andy Reed offense seems to suit him well. Smith may finally have the security blanket TE that suits his short pass tendency - Fasano fits for him. Still, only 1 pass to a receiver. I don't think a team can be successful through a whole season unless their receivers become key to the passing game.

Still, Smith looked good. I may even watch the Chiefs a bit this season now!

That short stuff early will set up passes to the WRs. Imagine being hit with that short stuff all 1st qtr, safeties will start to cheat and boom WRs will get theirs! This could also set up 1st plays against other teams the following week. It's a chess game and I think Alex is the type of QB that can win at chess especially now that he has his hands over the pieces. They came out in spread formations and it looked like Alex from Utah, the deep stuff will come!
He kept finding Charles out of the backfield for nickel-and-dime gains, hit tight end Anthony Fasano - another newcomer to the team - for a 12-yard gain, and completed a pass to wide receiver Dexter McCluster another 12-yard gain that helped to set up Kansas City's lone touchdown

#VintagePerformance
Originally posted by kcfan11:
Typical WCO. Out of all the fan bases, I can't believe that some of you use it as a knock on Alex. Shame on you.

Sarcasm meter... broke.

... but yeah, some folks do.. to their shame.
Originally posted by kcfan11:

I was excited to see what the first team could do and even more excited now after seeing the possibilities! The dinking and dunking will open up the deep stuff and if it's not there it looks like Alex will always have a safety valve to go to that will gain positive yards. Die slow or get your head chopped off is how I see it! Sure it's preseason but I'm sure there are a lot of people especially Chiefs fans that had a lot of doubts about what we could accomplish with 1 off season with a new coaching staff and for what most thought a mediocre QB. This should at least silence some of the people that thought it would be hard for this team to build any kind of chemistry this quickly! Go Chiefs/Alex prove these SOBs you belong!

I know right It's been like that here for some time. Some of us has to defend the dink and dunk as legit offensive plays. Freak'n twilight zone cuz the dink and dunk originated with Walsh and the Niners Won 6 SB with mostly that

Oh wait! I'm a bit ahead of myself
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM ]
Jamal Charles set for big year as Smith's check down back with HR ability
They looked good and a hell of a lot better than last season.

I'm hoping for 8-8 and an excellent 2nd round pick for us.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
And this throw is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He has to put his whole body into the throw and look at how much space he needs. Not saying he has a weak arm.

I know what you're saying. And I partly agree with you. That looks more like an NFL qb stepping into his throws for Smith. Look at Shaun Hill throwing a long pass and that's a classic and perfect example of having to use his whole body just to get it there.

Every NFL qb is taught very early on to shift their weight into the throw for accuracy and velocity. The whole footwork is to get themselves into position to step into the throw. It's guys like Kaep that can throw a 87 mph fast ball first pitch on opening day-- that are freaks.

True. I think arm strength is sometimes overrated by some.
still caption check down
Originally posted by susweel:
still caption check down

Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Sorry to be a downer but preseason means nothing. Let's wait till the reg season before we anoint Alex.

dont be so quick to say that...im sure youre happy to be a downer
Andy Reid 'impressed' with Eric Fisher, Alex Smith in first preseason game

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/10/4609250/kansas-city-chiefs-andy-reid-eric-fisher-alex-smith-preseason

Chiefs preseason, first drive recap: 'I don't know if that could've gone any better'

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/10/4607970/chiefs-preseason-2013-first-drive-recap-alex-smith-jamaal-charles
Problem with alex wasn't his dinking and dunk. It was when he went to throw deep he didn't have that same confidence unless it was a post route to davis. If it was a go or a post to a wr he didn't throw with that confidence. Hopefully he finds that with the chiefs cause I know andy does like to open it up and take a deep shot from time to time. But as it stands now I think the chiefs with him that oline and Charles will be 8-8 if not better if they stay healthy.
After seeing the defense play yesterday and the Chiefs last place schedule.....

I realistically see 10-11 wins....and would not be shocked whatsoever if they managed 12 or 13.

BTW guys, a 2nd rounder due to a 12-4 season is still better than no pick at all @ 7-9.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Aug 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM ]
Still going with a conservative 9-7 season.

Not sure how much I can trust in the team around Alex... whether due to talent or just needing time to develop/gel with the new schemes and teammates.