There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
He does look like he's having a good time. It's good to see. He's a great individual and I really want him to do well there. All he needed was good coaching to be a top-flight QB - I could imagine him catching fire there in KC. And if he does, I've still got a KC sports site board bookmarked so I can go back for a nice healthy round of I-told-you-so's to all the doubters who were hating on the trade when it happened.

Just bookmarked one myself and look forward to trying to catch his games. Would be nice if they could be mornings when the 9ers are afternoon and vice versa so I don't have to tape too many. Funny how much I care about some players...Smith being one I would really enjoy seeing succeed. Over the years I followed QBs--Montana, Tarkenton, Kapp, and quite a few others--no matter who they played for. Now I have CK, Smith, Luck, and RGIII...haven't fallen in love with Wilson...probably as he is in the West and in direct competition. Dalton is another I like.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Smith led KC to the Super Bowl? Seriously doubt it this year but it is the NFL! A KC/9er SB would be pain and pleasure!

Don't get too excited man, let's not forget Andy Reid is their coach, and his Superbowl "window" closed like in 2005.

C'mon man! Seriously doubting something, means getting excited?

BTW, I totally respect the guys in here that can root for character players, such as Alex.
Originally posted by kcfan11:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
He does look like he's having a good time. It's good to see. He's a great individual and I really want him to do well there. All he needed was good coaching to be a top-flight QB - I could imagine him catching fire there in KC. And if he does, I've still got a KC sports site board bookmarked so I can go back for a nice healthy round of I-told-you-so's to all the doubters who were hating on the trade when it happened.

Just bookmarked one myself and look forward to trying to catch his games. Would be nice if they could be mornings when the 9ers are afternoon and vice versa so I don't have to tape too many. Funny how much I care about some players...Smith being one I would really enjoy seeing succeed. Over the years I followed QBs--Montana, Tarkenton, Kapp, and quite a few others--no matter who they played for. Now I have CK, Smith, Luck, and RGIII...haven't fallen in love with Wilson...probably as he is in the West and in direct competition. Dalton is another I like.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Smith led KC to the Super Bowl? Seriously doubt it this year but it is the NFL! A KC/9er SB would be pain and pleasure!

Don't get too excited man, let's not forget Andy Reid is their coach, and his Superbowl "window" closed like in 2005.

C'mon man! Seriously doubting something, means getting excited?

BTW, I totally respect the guys in here that can root for character players, such as Alex.

Hey don't get me wrong I'm totally rooting for Alex. I was talking more about Andy Reid's chances of another Superbowl, I think his time has come and gone.
Hey don't get me wrong I'm totally rooting for Alex. I was talking more about Andy Reid's chances of another Superbowl, I think his time has come and gone.

I wouldn't underestimate Reid.

He got those Eagles teams to a few NFC Championship games without tons of names on offense.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

He got those Eagles teams to a few NFC Championship games without tons of names on offense.

He made some mistakes in Philadelphia but who knows how much was Reid and how much other? I like his offense and if he has a very good DC I think the team will be interesting. Not sure just how much talent they have overall though.

I think during those years, he had one of the best coaching staffs in the league.

Not sure about who he's working with now, they all seem like no namers.

Did you even watch those years !

They had a lot of decent players Offense and Defense...after he started losing his players Sht started going down hill
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Did you even watch those years !

They had a lot of decent players Offense and Defense...after he started losing his players Sht started going down hill

Maybe I'm forgetting some names (besides Brian Westbrook and a few seasons with TO), but for a team that made it deep into the playoffs year in/year out and 1 one super bowl they did it with less talent than you see in offenses of today in Atlanta, Green Bay, etc.

Someone was doing an evaluation on McNabb recently and said he had pretty good #s in his career for throwing to a bunch of nobodies. Perhaps you can shed some light on some names he had?

Defense was definitely stellar, talent wise plus Jim Johnson at DC.

Reid is also good divisionally, having a tremendous record against the Giants and always at least splitting with Dallas & Washington; which is very relevant for this year at least since they are all (plus Philly) on the Chiefs' schedule.

Dude is powerful.

[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:10 PM ]
Been watching the news coming out of the chiefs camp and I'm pretty pumped. Anything to see the raiders and broncos lose
I think during those years, he had one of the best coaching staffs in the league.

Not sure about who he's working with now, they all seem like no namers.

This is a bit off topic, but it's so noticeable.

Am I the only one that thinks Reid should do something about his physical condition? He's way over the top. The guy waddles around like a hippo (except that a hippo weezes a lot less). It really sets a bad example IMO as the face of a SPORTS franchise. The NFL should have standards.

There's definitely something he can do about it. Get some serious medical/dietary assistance. Say what you want about Rex Ryan, once he became HC, he understood that he could go around looking like he did. He did something about it. Kudos to him.

OK . . . carry on.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
This is a bit off topic, but it's so noticeable.

Am I the only one that thinks Reid should do something about his physical condition? He's way over the top. The guy waddles around like a hippo (except that a hippo weezes a lot less). It really sets a bad example IMO as the face of a SPORTS franchise. The NFL should have standards.

There's definitely something he can do about it. Get some serious medical/dietary assistance. Say what you want about Rex Ryan, once he became HC, he understood that he could go around looking like he did. He did something about it. Kudos to him.

OK . . . carry on.

So... You WNEDB.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Been watching the news coming out of the chiefs camp and I'm pretty pumped. Anything to see the raiders and broncos lose

The Raiders are hoorrrrrible and Rivers seems to have blown a gasket down in San Diego. I think KC is the only team in that division with any chance to challenge the Broncos.
Chiefs vs. Saints preseason: 30 things to watch for in the first game

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/9/4605426/chiefs-vs-saints-preseason-20113-what-to-watch-for
Exciting times!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/This_is_Chiefs_Camp/4a1b368f-8c0e-46c1-a08e-e5a0148a1a51
Exciting times!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/This_is_Chiefs_Camp/4a1b368f-8c0e-46c1-a08e-e5a0148a1a51

Go Smitty Go! I'm really excited to see how he will look.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Exciting times!

Go Smitty Go! I'm really excited to see how he will look.

remember it's preseason. so if he does well it doesnt count