There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Here's another take on this whole Smith situation:

He most likely would not have gotten much better in SF if he finished 2012 and kept going with us....all for mental reasons, nothing about offensive/defensive talent.

In KC, he will most likely flop or become much better. Seeing a carbon copy of 2011/2012 Smith I really don't see...

I'm banking on the latter. I could just be an eternal optimist, but I think that Reid gets it and will make sure AS gets what he needs to succeed. That means giving him more freedom to throw downfield as much as he's tailoring the offense to his strengths. That horribly brutal run on 3rd down towards the end of the first Seahawks game in 2012 I can not imagine ever happening again...

Another thing nobody talks about is Jamal Charles 5.5+ ypc without an elite OL, scheme and passing game. That might be the second most impressive RB accomplishment last year behind Peterson.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Aug 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]
Kansas City Chiefs training camp 2013: Family Fun Day highlights day 9 practice report

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/3/4585566/kansas-city-chiefs-training-camp-2013-family-fun-day-highlights-day-9
Thanks! Good to get some Chief's news.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thanks! Good to get some Chief's news.

yep, no prollum. Here was another practice assessment I found worthwhile...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/2/4582864/nigeriannightmares-super-cool-and-rad-training-camp-review-08-2
Alex Smith's Accuracy Sparks Chiefs Practice

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Alex-Smiths-Accuracy-Sparks-Chiefs-Practice/e0b07a75-d486-4069-b6aa-a4b423d11a12

Alex Smith didn't care that the skies were again overcast during practice on Monday; likely because his accurate throws would've outshined the sun, had it made an appearance. Smith was on-point, nearly perfect, unofficially completing 17 of 20 passes for three TDs during the roughly two-and-a-half hour practice. "It's a reflection of the group," Smith said. "O-line was great today; it starts with them. They did a good job communicating, especially in the blitz period, third down, everybody was on the same page and then there were guys making plays outside. We got off to a good start but really, I think the spark came from the guys up-front." Among the many pass-catchers Smith connected with on Monday, Anthony Fasano continues to play at a very-high level. Smith threw to Fasano three-straight times, late in practice, including one TD. "He's such a dependable guy, so reliable," Smith said of Fasano. Another of Smith's targets was Dwayne Bowe, whose best catch on Monday was a one-handed grab in 7-on-7s. "That's just him making me look good," Smith said. "There's not much to it. I threw it up there and let him do the rest." Bowe described the play from a different perspective. "No, man," Bowe said of Smith's pass. "He put the ball right on the outside; he saw the inside leverage, and our job is to catch the ball; it happened to be a one-handed catch, but it was a great pass by Alex."
Sounds like his receivers have bought in I think he's going to have fun this year.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Sounds like his receivers have bought in I think he's going to have fun this year.

It makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Smith is an all new QB to them so there's no "baggage" on their end, and on Smith's as well.

New coach, new QB, new GM.....this situation is ideal for all.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,976
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Actually, this makes KC games much more interesting to watch now.

Glad I have the Ticket.

lol...I just got the ticket today...just to watch alex and the chiefs...cant wait to see what andy reid will do with alex
and the offense....war alex war...IN KC
KC will be fun to watch, their projected starting line-up actually looks pretty nice -- really almost like an "All-Underrated Team":

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR1: Dwayne Bowe
WR2: Jon Baldwin
TE1: Tony Moeaki
TE2: Travis Kelce
LT: Brandon Albert
LG: Jeff Allen
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah
RT: Eric Fisher

LDE: Tyson Jackson
NT: Dontari Poe
RDE: Mike DeVito
LOLB: Justin Houston
LILB: Akeem Jordan
RILB: Derrick Johnson
ROLB: Tamba Hali
CB1: Brandon Flowers
CB2: Sean Smith
CB3: Dunta Robinson
FS: Kendrick Lewis
SS: Eric Berry

K: Ryan Succup
P: Dustin Colquitt
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Actually, this makes KC games much more interesting to watch now.

Glad I have the Ticket.

lol...I just got the ticket today...just to watch alex and the chiefs...cant wait to see what andy reid will do with alex
and the offense....war alex war...IN KC

Agreed. I actually have 2 bets going with some buddies that KC will win that division. There is talent there and now with a Reid/Smith combo, coupled with DEN injuries, Miller suspension and Dumervil loss, I think the division can be had.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,976
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Agreed. I actually have 2 bets going with some buddies that KC will win that division. There is talent there and now with a Reid/Smith combo, coupled with DEN injuries, Miller suspension and Dumervil loss, I think the division can be had.

the sky is the limit...I just cant wait. If that oline will alex give time to throw,,oh wow
[ Edited by dmax on Aug 5, 2013 at 6:43 PM ]
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Agreed. I actually have 2 bets going with some buddies that KC will win that division. There is talent there and now with a Reid/Smith combo, coupled with DEN injuries, Miller suspension and Dumervil loss, I think the division can be had.

the sky is the limit...I just cant wait. If that oline will alex give time to throw,,oh wow

I don't really see the Chiefs winning the division. Most likely the broncos have that in the bag. The Chiefs have a big down the field threat with Bowe, but Alex won't throw down the field( on the outside at least). But, Bowe will take the top off of defenses witch will leave Alex to do what he does best(check it down). That would probably be to Charles. Charles is a outstanding open field runner, so there could be some highlight reel plays there. But, eventually it will come down to Alex's inability to make big plays, and that's exactly what the Broncos can do.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
KC will be fun to watch, their projected starting line-up actually looks pretty nice -- really almost like an "All-Underrated Team":

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR1: Dwayne Bowe
WR2: Jon Baldwin
TE1: Tony Moeaki
TE2: Travis Kelce
LT: Brandon Albert
LG: Jeff Allen
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah
RT: Eric Fisher

LDE: Tyson Jackson
NT: Dontari Poe
RDE: Mike DeVito
LOLB: Justin Houston
LILB: Akeem Jordan
RILB: Derrick Johnson
ROLB: Tamba Hali
CB1: Brandon Flowers
CB2: Sean Smith
CB3: Dunta Robinson
FS: Kendrick Lewis
SS: Eric Berry

K: Ryan Succup
P: Dustin Colquitt

this team kinda reminds me of Harbaugh's '95 Colts team
I'm really happy to see Alex Smith doing well. I hope the Chiefs have a winning record this year. I never really thought AS got a fair shake.
Mods have itchy fingers.