LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by kcfan11:
I agree that your defense is a lot better than ours, but I think the offenses are neck and neck. Our defense looks much better now especially with Cassel gone, so giving the other teams points and more opportunities should go down.

I am pulling for KC to win that division because of Alex and our 2nd rd pick compensation you owe us. Plus I have always liked Andy Reid. Don't forget about special teams. I happen to believe we will be the league's best as we were in 2011 because Akers is out and we have made a concerted effort to obtain special teams aces throughout the 90 man roster
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
On this link it's a player stat.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/quarterback-winning-percentage

I'll take what he's done the last 2 years over all his other years with horrible coaching and lack of WR talent. He not only has a great head coach but also has the talent at WR that you guys lacked. Now that's exciting!

I do believe we have the better roster and the better coach. Furthermore we have the better team. There is pretty much a media consensus on this fact

I agree that your defense is a lot better than ours, but I think the offenses are neck and neck. Our defense looks much better now especially with Cassel gone, so giving the other teams points and more opportunities should go down.

............ Wait, wait. Were you joking?
Originally posted by aTx49er:

I'll take what he's done the last 2 years over all his other years with horrible coaching and lack of WR talent. He not only has a great head coach but also has the talent at WR that you guys lacked. Now that's exciting!

I do believe we have the better roster and the better coach. Furthermore we have the better team. There is pretty much a media consensus on this fact

............ Wait, wait. Were you joking?

• xcfan
  • Veteran
alex smith.

m'kay...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000224363/article/chiefs-oc-qb-alex-smith-is-the-best-in-the-league
Wow, just read this article.... One of the best ive read in a long time. covers both sides of the spectrum, some of Smith's weaknesses, and some of his strong points.

And the two games used are paramount. The Saints playoff game, and the Giants playoff game. and he evens uses some quotes from Cossell.

But the whole article talked about one thing that some have missed... Trust....

Some talked about this throw and that throw, but the main one Smith trusted was VD, and its evident dating all the way back to when VD almost broke the Td record.

Also talks about his lack of trust and chemistry wit Crabs, whom only has risen to the occasion over the past few seasons.....

Just like with our loving niners. I am actually curious to see what he does in KC this year, and i am not gonna say its because of the 2nd round pick.

Also my wife and her girlfriend are huge KC fans.

here's the article. Curious to see what some get from the article....

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/31/4561592/alex-smith-preview-for-2013-is-he-ready-for-the-challenge-all-22-film#comments
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
he just might..or

just end up like the past SF QBs traded to KC

Joe Montana says hi.

Yeah, I'll take two straight Playoff appearances any day! We're excited out here, this team is in many ways like yours before you got Harb. I believe Reid is in the same mold and knows what he's doing. I read somewhere that he liked Smith and wanted him before they both came to KC. This year is sorta like a year for both Reid and Smith to prove that they belong in the NFL. It has the makings to be something special, I haven't been this excited in years to watch football! Talented team with talented coaching staff. Sound familiar? It's definitely easy to be positive when you look at all these things.

BTW Alex is one of the best when it comes to winning percentage. He's in the top 3 the last 2 years. He might even be number 1 over-all if you combine the stats from those 2 years in winning percentage.

Lol..Winning percentage ?

That's a team stat

Here's an career average to get excited about..... 1.2 TDs a game...and the last two years raised that average

That is a break down from a team ranking...our kicker was scoring more points a game then alex averaged tds in 2011

Like I said..he will win your heart, then break it next...then repeat
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

here's the article. Curious to see what some get from the article....

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/31/4561592/alex-smith-preview-for-2013-is-he-ready-for-the-challenge-all-22-film#comments

I posted this on a previous page here. The few responses were predictable... ... but yeah, really good article.

... and no, I didn't like that the QB coach stated "Alex is the best in the league." That's going too far at this point, and likely ever. I don't have the compiled stats, but I guess maybe Alex has been one of the better QBs if regarding many stat categories in the last 30 to 40 games. ( albeit more conservative than others due to our scheme evolution, conservative coaches, strong D and STs, etc. ) I do think he was KC's very best option for how to turn their lack of success around.

People get very uncomfortable or indignant when they see extreme praises for Alex... and I get that. I think he has evolved into a GOOD quarterback. Far better than many imagined, and they still refuse to believe because they hate being wrong over the years. Top 10? Eh... like I have said for a while now. There are a handful of legit elites.. and even they have some real flaws. After them, there are a LOT of good quarterbacks in that GOOD range. I put Alex somewhere in there, due to his last 30-40 games. (and let's all be honest... that's a large enough sample size and far more indicative of what he can do than his early years of play)

Ultimately, football seems to be shifting into the mindless sparkle of 400 yard passing games... and 5,000 yard passing seasons. So, I also get why some rate other QBs higher and regard efficient game managing as an undesirable quality. Not me though. Efficiency and winning comes first, and the rest is a very distant second, third, etc.

Go get em, Alex! ... and if it doesn't go as well as expected? Oh well... just enjoy watching your buds VD, Staley, and Gore making their SB run!

he just might..or

Joe Montana says hi.

Yeah, I'll take two straight Playoff appearances any day! We're excited out here, this team is in many ways like yours before you got Harb. I believe Reid is in the same mold and knows what he's doing. I read somewhere that he liked Smith and wanted him before they both came to KC. This year is sorta like a year for both Reid and Smith to prove that they belong in the NFL. It has the makings to be something special, I haven't been this excited in years to watch football! Talented team with talented coaching staff. Sound familiar? It's definitely easy to be positive when you look at all these things.

BTW Alex is one of the best when it comes to winning percentage. He's in the top 3 the last 2 years. He might even be number 1 over-all if you combine the stats from those 2 years in winning percentage.

That's a team stat

Here's an career average to get excited about..... 1.2 TDs a game...and the last two years raised that average

That is a break down from a team ranking...our kicker was scoring more points a game then alex averaged tds in 2011

I know your stance, and I don't wish to dispute it, but I don't think this statement as particularly damning.
One field goal = 3 points, so a QB must score 3 TDs to keep up? And for each TD, the kicker should score 1 more point.

I do agree with what I believe to be your point: that the team relied on Akers too much in 2011 to score field goals.

It will be interesting to see Smith's development with KC. Will he pick up his play where he left off before the concussion?
If he does, KC will be damn happy.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
he just might..or

Joe Montana says hi.

That's a team stat

I know your stance, and I don't wish to dispute it, but I don't think this statement as particularly damning.
One field goal = 3 points, so a QB must score 3 TDs to keep up? And for each TD, the kicker should score 1 more point.

I do agree with what I believe to be your point: that the team relied on Akers too much in 2011 to score field goals.

It will be interesting to see Smith's development with KC. Will he pick up his play where he left off before the concussion?

i meant by scoring was that Akers was averaging around 8.2 pts a game, where Alex was averaging 6 pts a game

Alex will be Alex..it all depends if the Chiefs Defense and special teams can play at a higher level.

if they do, then they will be good.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:
hopefully they win 8 but it dont look promising.

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Alex Smith and ones go nowhere in 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Smith hasn't impressed during this 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3hAlex Smith staring down his WR. Nearly picked for 6. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2hSmith with plenty of time to leave pocket or throw it away, does neither. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2h Smith hits Dex over the middle, but if it were live, Dex might be getting carted off. Lewis was tracking. #ChiefsCamp

good ol' Alex.

Well Kap is throwing interceptions in camp.

"Stupar also intercepted Colin Kaepernick in a red zone 7-on-7 period"

"Asomugha also recorded his interception on Kaepernick when he read a comeback route to Chad Hall. Asomugha broke on the football, tipped it in the air and still managed to haul in the takeaway much to the delight of his head coach."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Asomugha-Disrupts-Offensive-Momentum/dbbc7b27-9d4f-4f2c-a76e-517690db2a16

Alex should be a good QB but Kap is a stud and he is only getting better

So Alex should be good, hasn't thrown a pick in camp yet but your guy throws 2 and he's a stud? If anything, good ol' Kap can't get it done in the redzone just like his last play in the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:
hopefully they win 8 but it dont look promising.

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Alex Smith and ones go nowhere in 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Smith hasn't impressed during this 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3hAlex Smith staring down his WR. Nearly picked for 6. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2hSmith with plenty of time to leave pocket or throw it away, does neither. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2h Smith hits Dex over the middle, but if it were live, Dex might be getting carted off. Lewis was tracking. #ChiefsCamp

good ol' Alex.

Well Kap is throwing interceptions in camp.

"Stupar also intercepted Colin Kaepernick in a red zone 7-on-7 period"

"Asomugha also recorded his interception on Kaepernick when he read a comeback route to Chad Hall. Asomugha broke on the football, tipped it in the air and still managed to haul in the takeaway much to the delight of his head coach."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Asomugha-Disrupts-Offensive-Momentum/dbbc7b27-9d4f-4f2c-a76e-517690db2a16

Alex should be a good QB but Kap is a stud and he is only getting better

So Alex should be good, hasn't thrown a pick in camp yet but your guy throws 2 and he's a stud? If anything, good ol' Kap can't get it done in the redzone just like his last play in the Super Bowl.

lol yup kaep sucks

that why we traded you a QB for 2nd round pick that no one wanted in Free Agency the year before

Yeah, don't do this. Kaep is good... Alex is good... they have different qualities right now and some things they need to work on. Leave it at that.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Yeah, don't do this. Kaep is good... Alex is good... they have different qualities right now and some things they need to work on. Leave it at that.

You're right! The minute after I posted that comment, Alex threw 2 picks. HAHA
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

You're right! The minute after I posted that comment, Alex threw 2 picks. HAHA

Yeah, you just need to quickly recognize that here, there are a handful that despise Alex and will always hold onto that. Old habits are hard to break.

... as for throwing picks in TC? Meh... what better time to throw caution to the wind and try stuff? No big deal... for Alex, Kaep, or whoever.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
he just might..or

Joe Montana says hi.

That's a team stat

i meant by scoring was that Akers was averaging around 8.2 pts a game, where Alex was averaging 6 pts a game

Alex will be Alex..it all depends if the Chiefs Defense and special teams can play at a higher level.

if they do, then they will be good.

and during this time were the niners winning or losing games? was there qb making plays in the clutch?

to me, wins and clutch plays mean more than points scored
Share 49ersWebzone