he just might..or

just end up like the past SF QBs traded to KC

Joe Montana says hi.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he just might..or

Joe Montana says hi.

Yeah, I'll take two straight Playoff appearances any day! We're excited out here, this team is in many ways like yours before you got Harb. I believe Reid is in the same mold and knows what he's doing. I read somewhere that he liked Smith and wanted him before they both came to KC. This year is sorta like a year for both Reid and Smith to prove that they belong in the NFL. It has the makings to be something special, I haven't been this excited in years to watch football! Talented team with talented coaching staff. Sound familiar? It's definitely easy to be positive when you look at all these things.

BTW Alex is one of the best when it comes to winning percentage. He's in the top 3 the last 2 years. He might even be number 1 over-all if you combine the stats from those 2 years in winning percentage.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
A very long and worthwhile article here... fairly critical, yet also complimentary of Smith.. and this part is exactly what I came to understand.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/31/4561592/alex-smith-preview-for-2013-is-he-ready-for-the-challenge-all-22-film

Harbaugh came in and taught Alex to play safe football. This is well-documented. Alex was told that sacks are better than INTs, and a dump off on 3rd and 8 that picks up 5 yards is better than "forcing" something for a potential first down. This is the SAME WAY Harbaugh played football back in his days as a QB. Harbaugh knows it can work, and can win games, but he also knows it has its limits. In my opinion, this is precisely why Alex was so confused over the QB take-over. Because Kaepernick was going out there and taking risks and just playing football. The 49ers have a good enough TEAM that they can afford a QB to do that. It wasn't like the 2011 squad, where Alex's safe play was, really, the only way to win a game. Alex said, "I feel like the only thing I did to lose my job was get a concussion." In other words, Harbaugh never came up to Alex, at any point, and said, "Hey, we like the safe play... but we REALLY need you to take more deep shots." The truth is that... the SF offense was never really Alex's offense. Even when Harbaugh told him it was, that was likely a lie. The truth is that Harbaugh has been building this offense with Kaep in mind from the start; and he has been waiting, itching, CRAVING the day to put HIS GUY in. The Smith Era was ALWAYS MEANT to end, regardless of what Harbaugh might have said to Smith. Reid knows this -- which is why he keeps reiterating that he is going to let Alex "open things up" and "pull the trigger." Reid believes in Alex, I think; even more than Harbaugh did. Harbaugh simultaneously nurtured Alex in to a winning player while also holding him back. It's an odd paradox.

This is a bunch of Bull making it appear that all Alex did was what he was told to do. It forgot about the part where Alex was told to throw it to the NFL open receiver BEFORE checking down or taking a sack. That is what has been Alex's problem his entire career: seeing it first before acting or only throwing it if it is college open.

Alex is responsible for not making throws that he should be making, not the coach.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is a bunch of Bull making it appear that all Alex did was what he was told to do. It forgot about the part where Alex was told to throw it to the NFL open receiver BEFORE checking down or taking a sack. That is what has been Alex's problem his entire career: seeing it first before acting or only throwing it if it is college open.

Alex is responsible for not making throws that he should be making, not the coach.

If that's what you need to believe, of course you are welcomed to do so. I find the article to be far more accurate, but not a shocker the we disagree.

If that's what you need to believe, of course you are welcomed to do so. I find the article to be far more accurate, but not a shocker the we disagree.

I find the fact that he was benched and the fact that he didn't throw to NFL open receivers to be even more accurate over an "interpretation."
Originally posted by kcfan11:
he just might..or

Joe Montana says hi.

Yeah, I'll take two straight Playoff appearances any day! We're excited out here, this team is in many ways like yours before you got Harb. I believe Reid is in the same mold and knows what he's doing. I read somewhere that he liked Smith and wanted him before they both came to KC. This year is sorta like a year for both Reid and Smith to prove that they belong in the NFL. It has the makings to be something special, I haven't been this excited in years to watch football! Talented team with talented coaching staff. Sound familiar? It's definitely easy to be positive when you look at all these things.

BTW Alex is one of the best when it comes to winning percentage. He's in the top 3 the last 2 years. He might even be number 1 over-all if you combine the stats from those 2 years in winning percentage.

Lol..Winning percentage ?

That's a team stat

Here's an career average to get excited about..... 1.2 TDs a game...and the last two years raised that average

I find the fact that he was benched and the fact that he didn't throw to NFL open receivers to be even more accurate over an "interpretation."

Harbaugh wasn't Smiths first coach....and had plenty of decent coaches to work with

People forget what AS was like before harbaugh
Okay, I like Alex...but...

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/31/4377865/chiefs-qb-coach-says-alex-smith.html#

Harbaugh wasn't Smiths first coach....and had plenty of decent coaches to work with

People forget what AS was like before harbaugh

They are in for a rude awakening. Smith's conservativeness will come to life during a game like it always does. Harbaugh resurrected his career and that's a fact. Now having said all that, he's still good enough to win you games, but this whole lighting it up through the air is a complete joke.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay, I like Alex...but...

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/31/4377865/chiefs-qb-coach-says-alex-smith.html#

"Ultimately, every team has to have a quarterback," Pederson said. "I think we have the best in the league."

Originally posted by verb1der:
hopefully they win 8 but it dont look promising.

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Alex Smith and ones go nowhere in 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Smith hasn't impressed during this 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3hAlex Smith staring down his WR. Nearly picked for 6. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2hSmith with plenty of time to leave pocket or throw it away, does neither. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2h Smith hits Dex over the middle, but if it were live, Dex might be getting carted off. Lewis was tracking. #ChiefsCamp

good ol' Alex.

Well Kap is throwing interceptions in camp.

"Stupar also intercepted Colin Kaepernick in a red zone 7-on-7 period"

"Asomugha also recorded his interception on Kaepernick when he read a comeback route to Chad Hall. Asomugha broke on the football, tipped it in the air and still managed to haul in the takeaway much to the delight of his head coach."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Asomugha-Disrupts-Offensive-Momentum/dbbc7b27-9d4f-4f2c-a76e-517690db2a16
[ Edited by kcfan11 on Jul 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
49ers will win 2 games on the season, chiefs go 15-1
Originally posted by verb1der:
hopefully they win 8 but it dont look promising.

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Alex Smith and ones go nowhere in 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Smith hasn't impressed during this 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3hAlex Smith staring down his WR. Nearly picked for 6. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2hSmith with plenty of time to leave pocket or throw it away, does neither. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2h Smith hits Dex over the middle, but if it were live, Dex might be getting carted off. Lewis was tracking. #ChiefsCamp

good ol' Alex.

Well Kap is throwing interceptions in camp.

"Stupar also intercepted Colin Kaepernick in a red zone 7-on-7 period"

"Asomugha also recorded his interception on Kaepernick when he read a comeback route to Chad Hall. Asomugha broke on the football, tipped it in the air and still managed to haul in the takeaway much to the delight of his head coach."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Asomugha-Disrupts-Offensive-Momentum/dbbc7b27-9d4f-4f2c-a76e-517690db2a16

Alex should be a good QB but Kap is a stud and he is only getting better
he just might..or

Joe Montana says hi.

Lol..Winning percentage ?

That's a team stat

Here's an career average to get excited about..... 1.2 TDs a game...and the last two years raised that average

On this link it's a player stat.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/quarterback-winning-percentage

I'll take what he's done the last 2 years over all his other years with horrible coaching and lack of WR talent. He not only has a great head coach but also has the talent at WR that you guys lacked. Now that's exciting!
On this link it's a player stat.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/quarterback-winning-percentage

I'll take what he's done the last 2 years over all his other years with horrible coaching and lack of WR talent. He not only has a great head coach but also has the talent at WR that you guys lacked. Now that's exciting!

I do believe we have the better roster and the better coach. Furthermore we have the better team. There is pretty much a media consensus on this fact