LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 345 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
CHIEFS HAVE A GREAT SECONDARY. D Johnson is ok.Charles is great,DBowe can be elite,....a very underrated team. They just have to lay off the mistakes and oline needs to step up. I say playoffs.

They have talent, absolutely. Good coaching will go a long way in putting it all together.

These cats made me some money , not jackpot ish but that's gambling.

I don't think they make the SB doe.

No, I don't think they make the SB either. They do, though, have a lot to build upon for the coming seasons.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I don't know, the extreme love for a team other than the Niners, on a Niners message board seems a bit extreme. I personally don't hate the Chiefs, but I want them to lose to improve our drafting position. However, I still can't wrap my head around being a fan simply because a former player is on their roster. My mind only comprehends rooting for one team. I mean, I'd be happy for Alex to enjoy success, he deserves it, but I don't really care one way or the other.

So you post in here frequently because of your dislike of 49ers fans having "extreme love" for the Chiefs? If so, I ask again... why should you or others care? Root for who ya want... Tell me you are a huge fan of golf, synchronized swimming, the Colts, etc... and guess what? no one really cares. I wouldn't challenge you on your preferences or tell you who you can be a fan of... why do you? I am going to be insanely excited to support both the 49ers and Chiefs this weekend... and I refuse to amend my preferences just because a handful on here insist on trying to dictate how I should be.

I'm not dictating what one ought to do. You're free to root for whoever you want. I just don't understand rooting for a team at the expense of the 49ers. It's counter intuitive. And implying that the draft position doesn't matter, is not a valid excuse. I honestly wouldn't be in this thread once if it weren't for the fact we get a second round pick for the Chiefs. Don't flatter yourself.

Rooting for a team and a draft pick via trade have absolutely nothing to do with one another. There is no real "expense" to our favorite team for having casual interest in another team. So... your questioning the validity of any reason... is invalid.
Really, it is win-win. Root for the Chiefs, hey they won, cool. They lose, we still got that 2nd round pick, awesome!
I'm not dictating what one ought to do. You're free to root for whoever you want. I just don't understand rooting for a team at the expense of the 49ers. It's counter intuitive. And implying that the draft position doesn't matter, is not a valid excuse. I honestly wouldn't be in this thread once if it weren't for the fact we get a second round pick for the Chiefs. Don't flatter yourself.

Very disingenuous... and everyone knows it. SF is getting a 2nd rounder... whether that is pick # 57 or pick # 64 is not why you keep coming in here.
Rooting for a team and a draft pick via trade have absolutely nothing to do with one another. There is no real "expense" to our favorite team for having casual interest in another team. So... your questioning the validity of any reason... is invalid.
Really, it is win-win. Root for the Chiefs, hey they won, cool. They lose, we still got that 2nd round pick, awesome!

There's all sorts of win-win scenarios when you decide to root for more than one team. That doesn't change the fact that rooting for the Chiefs to win is the exact same thing as rooting for the Niners to get worse 2nd round draft position, from the perspective of a Niner fan.

What happens will happen regardless.
There is no real connection at all. No impact to the play on the field.
None.
There is NO EXPENSE to the 49ers at all.
None.
This whole notion that rooting for something/someone somehow harms the team is bunk.
It is only the latest crap parotted by those who enjoy being irritating.

With Smith on the Chiefs, more football became relevant for me.
Now I have the 49ers, and a casual interest in the Chiefs. More football relevant to me = more enjoyment in the football season.
Simple as that. My love for the 49ers is in no way diminished.

Very disingenuous... and everyone knows it. SF is getting a 2nd rounder... whether that is pick # 57 or pick # 64 is not why you keep coming in here.

It's not disingenuous. I said I wouldn't have come in here once. After coming in here to root for an 8-8 season, there was something I saw that I disagreed with; 49ers fans rooting for another team. I was as big of a supporter of Alex as any member on this board when he played for the 49ers. I'm not sure what you're implying with my disingenuousness, but I certainly didn't come in here to bash Alex supporters.

You are here to ( intentionally or not ) "guilt" 49ers fans into your way of thinking... +/or dictate to those fans who they have a right to cheer for this weekend.

So, you state that you disagree with 49ers fans rooting for another team... (your words).... okay then. That is duly noted... good day then.
All this rabble over a future drafted WR that will only see special teams at the most..

There's all sorts of win-win scenarios when you decide to root for more than one team. That doesn't change the fact that rooting for the Chiefs to win is the exact same thing as rooting for the Niners to get worse 2nd round draft position, from the perspective of a Niner fan.

None.
None.
This whole notion that rooting for something/someone somehow harms the team is bunk.

Now I have the 49ers, and a casual interest in the Chiefs. More football relevant to me = more enjoyment in the football season.

Why root for anything then? lol.

I simply want what's best for the Niners, and that includes the best possible draft picks we can get. I'm also hoping for our former players left via FA to do well so we get better supplemental picks.

Not a thing wrong with that.
My point is, there isn't anything really wrong with any of it.
We root for something for the enjoyment of it.
I only really root against teams if I dislike them.
Rooting for a draft pick just doesn't create any enjoyment for me.
I would guess some of the others see the game similarly and others don't.
All are right.

None.
None.

Why root for anything then? lol.

I simply want what's best for the Niners, and that includes the best possible draft picks we can get. I'm also hoping for our former players left via FA to do well so we get better supplemental picks.

And I don't believe for one second that you get more enjoyment having another team to root for. I think football enjoyment exists within the vacuum of space you have allocated to enjoy it. If I had to think philosophically on it, I'd say your enjoyment of the Chiefs comes at the expense of 100% enjoyment of the Niners. Of course you and every other Chiefs fan will disagree with that, but I don't agree that rooting for another team nets one more football enjoyment.

Ok, nevermind.
You are just being obtuse now.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Jan 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM ]
Simply rooting for a player we like, who just happens to play for another team. I would think someone using the handle "Amp Lee" could understand that.
Being the QB, that makes it a package deal to root for a player and team not being the 49ers.

Personally, I'm not worried about draft position. I have confidence the front office will make the most of all they will have at their disposal come draft day.
Since rooting for this player/team or that doesn't really impact the game played on the field... I don't understand why some of you give a damn.

49ers are tops, Chiefs are second.
For some 49ers are it, and only it. Not a thing wrong with any of it.
It is all football, and we are all 49ers fans.

Good post but I disagree with the implication these guys are 9er fans only...they are anti-fans of the Chiefs to tweak those who support Smith...er...the Chiefs. But you are correct in saying we don't impact the game so why are they so torn up by our fanaticism? Cuz they wanna be! I have to wonder about guys who want someone to fail...just seems counter productive. Oh well...nothing changes! Go niners, go Chiefs! Super Bowl time!

It's not disingenuous. I said I wouldn't have come in here once. After coming in here to root for an 8-8 season, there was something I saw that I disagreed with; 49ers fans rooting for another team. I was as big of a supporter of Alex as any member on this board when he played for the 49ers. I'm not sure what you're implying with my disingenuousness, but I certainly didn't come in here to bash Alex supporters.

You are here to ( intentionally or not ) "guilt" 49ers fans into your way of thinking... +/or dictate to those fans who they have a right to cheer for this weekend.

So, you state that you disagree with 49ers fans rooting for another team... (your words).... okay then. That is duly noted... good day then.

I'm here to state my opinion. It is, in fact, a message board. You are posting 7.5x more than I am, so it's not like I'm constantly in here "guilting" you. And my argument is that I disagree with rooting for another team, especially when it comes at the expense of wanting what's best for the 49ers. The last part having the most emphasis, which the only disagreement has been that our draft position doesn't matter or that rooting won't change things. Not valid arguments, imo.

Obtuse

Well, the thread made it 400 pages. Not too shabby.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Well, the thread made it 400 pages. Not too shabby.

Only by a serious amount of repetition! Seasons over now, though.
Share 49ersWebzone