There are 281 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by hofer36:
So Reid is "holding back plays". Lol Hofer

Here's the bloody truth; Alex Smith makes the team competitive (enough to have a winning record) but FAR from a contender.

He does only what he's ask of, and that's his Achilles heel. Great QB's go above and beyond minimum requirements.

"Small Ball" play is not sustainable, and that is Alex Smith.

#whatsyourexcuse

where you been didnt see sniffing round here after the 5 td game
small ball was sustainable when a guy named bill walsh ran the west coast offense

I was in this thread that week and was not impressed, it was the damn Raiders man.

Small ball was only a fraction of Walsh's WCO...how can you forget all those deep bombs Jerry Rice caught!

I think Oakland and Atlanta have the same records though... Equally sh*t teams
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Honestly tho, u have to wonder if Walsh would even choose Alex as his QB.

Montana completed deep bombs.

I wanted Rodgers but who knows what Walsh could have done for either? He wouldn't have sent AS out with a separated shoulder.

Are you blaming Mike Nolan for ruining Alex Smith's deep passing skills? lol

Just opining that Walsh would have helped a young Smith, whereas Nolan did his best to ruin his career. Montana had to earn his way onto the field...Nolan threw Smith out and told him not to screw up...what a great mentor coach! LOL!

I wanted Rodgers but who knows what Walsh could have done for either? He wouldn't have sent AS out with a separated shoulder.

norv turner said that alex smith was the best deep thrower he coached...that was before the shoulder injury...lol to your lol

norv turner said that alex smith was the best deep thrower he coached...that was before the shoulder injury...lol to your lol

Oh my goodness, just stop!

The Kansas City honeymoon is over. C'mon guys, jump back on the bandwagon that is the Kaep thread because there is real excitement to be felt in there!

You are all forgiven of your football sins. Here's a beer...

Just opining that Walsh would have helped a young Smith, whereas Nolan did his best to ruin his career. Montana had to earn his way onto the field...Nolan threw Smith out and told him not to screw up...what a great mentor coach! LOL!

Yea I can't argue that! But life isn't always fair even for young Alex. He gets props there for rising out of that hell.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
So Reid is "holding back plays". Lol Hofer

Here's the bloody truth; Alex Smith makes the team competitive (enough to have a winning record) but FAR from a contender.

He does only what he's ask of, and that's his Achilles heel. Great QB's go above and beyond minimum requirements.

"Small Ball" play is not sustainable, and that is Alex Smith.

#whatsyourexcuse

where you been didnt see sniffing round here after the 5 td game
small ball was sustainable when a guy named bill walsh ran the west coast offense

I was in this thread that week and was not impressed, it was the damn Raiders man.

Small ball was only a fraction of Walsh's WCO...how can you forget all those deep bombs Jerry Rice caught!

I think Oakland and Atlanta have the same records though... Equally sh*t teams

Records maybe, but there is no team s**ttier than Oakland!

The only team you can screen pass to death.
As much as I feel sorry for the kid, Alex Smith is who we thought he is. He is not one who can take a team on his shoulders with or without his best players and make a comeback despite being down several points. At least not consistently.

Those who think he has the capability of a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodger and Drew Brees are just wishful thinkers.

Now that the easy schedule is passed, we're beginning to once again see his true colors.
completely agree

Yea I can't argue that! But life isn't always fair even for young Alex. He gets props there for rising out of that hell.

I'm sure Smith will look back and wonder what if...but I don't really care. He has made millions and has been a QB of an NFL team for eight years. He can make the best of the situation with Reid in KC and that's more than some have been given. If I really want to feel sorry for a QB it would be Archie Manning! He was saddled with a terrible team for his entire career But I won't close the book on Smith just because you or someone else can't see past today. If he goes on to win a Super Bowl or two his entire legacy will change. Odds are against him but you never know.

You probably can argue that and the FO tried multiple OCs

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yes, using a new OC always helps QBs...hmm...agenda diagnosed...target identified...launch preemptive strike!

Yes, using a new OC always helps QBs...hmm...agenda diagnosed...target identified...launch preemptive strike!

Wow touchy touchy

I didn't say it was the right choice...but they tried to get him help

Wow touchy touchy

Not touchy but still unwilling to accept Nolan as an astute offensive leader. When you select a defensive minded coach to lead your team it is a rare event that the QB position is strengthened. Ryan, Nolan and other examples just suggest if you want to groom a QB you select an offensive minded HC. If you have a veteran QB you can win with that same D minded coach.Sad but true! Smith was unfortunate to have a HC who was not only defensive minded but had no close associates to make OC for the long haul. Changing OC's every year or two does not really show much understanding or lend stability to the offense. Once again...I am not feeling sorry for Smith but more so for the niners having lost eight years of productivity because they chose the wrong leaders/HCs. Singletary turned out to be worse than Nolan...a really hard thing to do!

Wow touchy touchy

Not touchy but still unwilling to accept Nolan as an astute offensive leader. When you select a defensive minded coach to lead your team it is a rare event that the QB position is strengthened. Ryan, Nolan and other examples just suggest if you want to groom a QB you select an offensive minded HC. If you have a veteran QB you can win with that same D minded coach.Sad but true! Smith was unfortunate to have a HC who was not only defensive minded but had no close associates to make OC for the long haul. Changing OC's every year or two does not really show much understanding or lend stability to the offense. Once again...I am not feeling sorry for Smith but more so for the niners having lost eight years of productivity because they chose the wrong leaders/HCs. Singletary turned out to be worse than Nolan...a really hard thing to do!

You need a QB ...weird that Nolan and co drafted a QB, but to win you need one..

Nolan probably thought smith can do it by himself and let the OC handle it while he works on the defense

I do give Him credit to strengthen this team and get a foundation to where it was appealing to harbaugh

I'm glad though...cause for a second I thought we would never be back like how we are now...some fan bases have never even sniffed success that our team has already accomplished
There sure are a lot of haters in here. Must be jealous Smith clinched a playoff spot before Kaep did. Haha.
Share 49ersWebzone