There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Freaking good QB right now.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
BTW, if the Chiefs go deep in the playoffs, is Jamaal Charles a legit MVP candidate?

Errr.... not going to be a popular opinion, but I don't see it, if judging on the season as a whole and not just the most recent play.

We really have no idea of how KC's offense would run without him. He has had a handful of games where... IMHO and as even PFF matches... he hasn't been all that impressive. He drops a bunch of passes, and has... particularly early on... been stuffed for short gains off of rather easy tackles. Even had a RB success rate in the 20's for the first half of the season.

Don't get me wrong... I like Charles, and he has been a big positive in most instances. Maybe I am taking his presence for granted a bit... but still just being honest.. I don't see him as the clear and obvious reason for KC's success. That team is harder to pin down than others as for locating that one single aspect deserving of MVP. They have been mainly a complete team... and when some aspects fail.. others step up to take the slack. It's been all over.

He isn't a big back so he does go down easier than AP. He did drop some passes early but has been very good lately.

A big part of his value is that defenses definitely have to game plan for his THREAT. He is kind of like Chris Johnson in his good years - he doesn't look like a big threat until you are trying to catch him. Hence, LBs bite on play action more than the would a lesser threat. That opens up a lot of short passes that would otherwise be meat for LBs.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
BTW, if the Chiefs go deep in the playoffs, is Jamaal Charles a legit MVP candidate?

Errr.... not going to be a popular opinion, but I don't see it, if judging on the season as a whole and not just the most recent play.

We really have no idea of how KC's offense would run without him. He has had a handful of games where... IMHO and as even PFF matches... he hasn't been all that impressive. He drops a bunch of passes, and has... particularly early on... been stuffed for short gains off of rather easy tackles. Even had a RB success rate in the 20's for the first half of the season.

Don't get me wrong... I like Charles, and he has been a big positive in most instances. Maybe I am taking his presence for granted a bit... but still just being honest.. I don't see him as the clear and obvious reason for KC's success. That team is harder to pin down than others as for locating that one single aspect deserving of MVP. They have been mainly a complete team... and when some aspects fail.. others step up to take the slack. It's been all over.

He isn't a big back so he does go down easier than AP. He did drop some passes early but has been very good lately.

A big part of his value is that defenses definitely have to game plan for his THREAT. He is kind of like Chris Johnson in his good years - he doesn't look like a big threat until you are trying to catch him. Hence, LBs bite on play action more than the would a lesser threat. That opens up a lot of short passes that would otherwise be meat for LBs.

You'd have to make an argument that he is more valuable than the three guys ahead of him in yards--McCoy, Peterson and Forte...as well as P Manning, Brady, Brees, Gore, Lynch and a few others. I'd want to wait until the end of the season to compare and contrast...then let someone else make the choice!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
BTW, if the Chiefs go deep in the playoffs, is Jamaal Charles a legit MVP candidate?

Errr.... not going to be a popular opinion, but I don't see it, if judging on the season as a whole and not just the most recent play.

We really have no idea of how KC's offense would run without him. He has had a handful of games where... IMHO and as even PFF matches... he hasn't been all that impressive. He drops a bunch of passes, and has... particularly early on... been stuffed for short gains off of rather easy tackles. Even had a RB success rate in the 20's for the first half of the season.

Don't get me wrong... I like Charles, and he has been a big positive in most instances. Maybe I am taking his presence for granted a bit... but still just being honest.. I don't see him as the clear and obvious reason for KC's success. That team is harder to pin down than others as for locating that one single aspect deserving of MVP. They have been mainly a complete team... and when some aspects fail.. others step up to take the slack. It's been all over.

He isn't a big back so he does go down easier than AP. He did drop some passes early but has been very good lately.

A big part of his value is that defenses definitely have to game plan for his THREAT. He is kind of like Chris Johnson in his good years - he doesn't look like a big threat until you are trying to catch him. Hence, LBs bite on play action more than the would a lesser threat. That opens up a lot of short passes that would otherwise be meat for LBs.

You'd have to make an argument that he is more valuable than the three guys ahead of him in yards--McCoy, Peterson and Forte...as well as P Manning, Brady, Brees, Gore, Lynch and a few others. I'd want to wait until the end of the season to compare and contrast...then let someone else make the choice!
I don't think he would get more than 5th or 6th place votes. I would put Manning, Brady and McCoy ahead of him on performance. Peterson would likely get more votes based on notoriety. After that Charles would be in play along with Forte.
so quiet in here...

KC CHIEFS 4 EVAR!
i think were gonna end up playing the ghost of 49ers past in the superbowl
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think were gonna end up playing the ghost of 49ers past in the superbowl

I wouldn't mind watching that game one bit.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think were gonna end up playing the ghost of 49ers past in the superbowl

I wouldn't mind watching that game one bit.

Me either ... it would mean that the 49ers ran the NFC gauntlet. The NFL wouldn't mind either I'm sure, as the game would promote itself with all the back stories.
Would be a blast to watch such a SB. Too bad one team has to lose. There would be a silver lining in there one way or another.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Would be a blast to watch such a SB. Too bad one team has to lose. There would be a silver lining in there one way or another.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Would be a blast to watch such a SB. Too bad one team has to lose. There would be a silver lining in there one way or another.


Chiefs suck now
Worst Chiefs game I have witnessed all season. This is such a FUNK game for them. Their defense rarely can get a stop, and the offense is vanilla and can't block. I think their turnaround has been impressive, but they are not ready to really compete with the best teams.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Worst Chiefs game I have witnessed all season. This is such a FUNK game for them. Their defense rarely can get a stop, and the offense is vanilla and can't block. I think their turnaround has been impressive, but they are not ready to really compete with the best teams.

I still think the arc playoff picture teams are all weak...any team can win the afc