How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Say what you will...I'm just bringing balance to this thread.

The Chiefs played the Raiders guys, everyone needs to calm down!

...and the 49ers played the Bucs. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy that 49ers' win.

The Chiefs played the Raiders and had the game won in the first 3-4 minutes.

I don't believe "balance" is what you bring to this thread.
You diminish any credibility with every post you make.

Love = everyone in here
Hate = me

We need more balance if you ask me!

The Raiders TOTALLY gave the game to the Chiefs, 7 TURNOVERS.

The Bucs have been playing decent football as of late, and Niners handled the business. Also we beat the Seahawks so I dont even know why I'm defending the 49ers on here.

You missed the point. I wasn't attacking the 49ers, never have.

But, you pretty much stated your only purpose in this thread is to troll.
That isn't providing balance, more of an irritation.

Not gonna lie I'm partly trolling out of boredom, but at least I'm not lying about what I'm saying.

My co-worker is a hardcore Chiefs fan and even he agrees with me.

Now if the Chiefs beat the Colts this weekend in Arrowhead, I will be slightly impressed and I will shut the hell up, but I doubt they will.

oh great your bored so youre going to bore the rest of us
Originally posted by dj43:
Anyone who compares the train wreck Smith played on in the first 6 years to what he has accomplished since Jimmy Raye got canned and concludes that somehow they are the same is just not paying attention…but then we have been through all that a couple of times.

But admitting that would mean...

The bolded are true. 5 TDs and the best highlight is a 30 yard pass against the Raiders, lol

Yes, he should have completed that pass against a team he wan't playing against! Then you'd give him credit! LOL!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by hofer36:
and if they get to the superbowl and get the ball on the 5 yard line with game on line and a minute left ii bet smith makes the pass to get the score

ROFL!
Originally posted by hofer36:
and if they get to the superbowl and get the ball on the 5 yard line with game on line and a minute left ii bet smith makes the pass to get the score

sorry-iwas provoked
none of the usual suspects ever raise the three turnovers by dallas in the 1994 championship game that staked steve young to a 3td lead over dallas---and young didnt engineer 2 scores in last 2 minutes to win a playoff game
Alex Smith moved into the top 10 in more categories after this Sunday. He's now top 10 in touchdowns (23) and well as passer rating (91.0).

Originally posted by winner21:
With fanboy hats off...who wins, Niners/Chiefs right now? Our offense is still super suspect. Charles creates matchup problems.

I'd say SF.

The way that KC's defense has been playing? I don't see them being able to handle the stacked receiving corps of Boldin, VD, Crabs, RB committee, and Kaep's redunkulous backyard balling.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if KC did win, but if forced to bet, my money's on SF right now.

I think it depends where the game is played. If it's in KC, I think they'd barely take it. Colin has not had great success in extremely loud, hostile environments in the regular season, for the most part. If it was in SF, I think we'd win.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by winner21:
With fanboy hats off...who wins, Niners/Chiefs right now? Our offense is still super suspect. Charles creates matchup problems.

SF. Alex would fold playing his old team. he wouldn't be able to handle our defense. it would be similar to this year's preseason game. i really want to see this match up in the Super Bowl.
I've been bearish on Alex this season strictly for the reason that he was so risk averse for awhile, but up until recently I've started to see signs that the promise he had in 2011 was completely legitimate.

His best football was played in these recent losses, and had the defense been anything like what they were earlier in the season they beat Denver at least once and definitely beat San Diego (they had them beat).

I've started to see people around the league legitimately credit and believe in him. That never happened before.

Bottom line I think is that I don't think there's a real shutdown defense in the AFC like the NFC that could legitimately flummox him (maybe Cincinnati?). I believe that KC defense will be absolutely for real in the playoffs.

Here's the dark question: Is there any way possible Smith will be forced into that disaster of an NFC Championship game ever again?

We saw the Giants game last year effectively end Smith's reign in SF. He played them again this year and for awhile it seemed they still had his #.....but guess what....they're out of the playoffs and in a different conference!

I think KC can make some real noise.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM ]
BTW, if the Chiefs go deep in the playoffs, is Jamaal Charles a legit MVP candidate?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
BTW, if the Chiefs go deep in the playoffs, is Jamaal Charles a legit MVP candidate?

Errr.... not going to be a popular opinion, but I don't see it, if judging on the season as a whole and not just the most recent play.

We really have no idea of how KC's offense would run without him. He has had a handful of games where... IMHO and as even PFF matches... he hasn't been all that impressive. He drops a bunch of passes, and has... particularly early on... been stuffed for short gains off of rather easy tackles. Even had a RB success rate in the 20's for the first half of the season.

Don't get me wrong... I like Charles, and he has been a big positive in most instances. Maybe I am taking his presence for granted a bit... but still just being honest.. I don't see him as the clear and obvious reason for KC's success. That team is harder to pin down than others as for locating that one single aspect deserving of MVP. They have been mainly a complete team... and when some aspects fail.. others step up to take the slack. It's been all over.

how far they go in the playoffs wont matter, its a regular season award voted on after week 17. it may not be announced right away but its voted on before any playoff games get started.

Freaking good QB right now.
  • dj43

Errr.... not going to be a popular opinion, but I don't see it, if judging on the season as a whole and not just the most recent play.

We really have no idea of how KC's offense would run without him. He has had a handful of games where... IMHO and as even PFF matches... he hasn't been all that impressive. He drops a bunch of passes, and has... particularly early on... been stuffed for short gains off of rather easy tackles. Even had a RB success rate in the 20's for the first half of the season.

Don't get me wrong... I like Charles, and he has been a big positive in most instances. Maybe I am taking his presence for granted a bit... but still just being honest.. I don't see him as the clear and obvious reason for KC's success. That team is harder to pin down than others as for locating that one single aspect deserving of MVP. They have been mainly a complete team... and when some aspects fail.. others step up to take the slack. It's been all over.

He isn't a big back so he does go down easier than AP. He did drop some passes early but has been very good lately.

A big part of his value is that defenses definitely have to game plan for his THREAT. He is kind of like Chris Johnson in his good years - he doesn't look like a big threat until you are trying to catch him. Hence, LBs bite on play action more than the would a lesser threat. That opens up a lot of short passes that would otherwise be meat for LBs.

He isn't a big back so he does go down easier than AP. He did drop some passes early but has been very good lately.

A big part of his value is that defenses definitely have to game plan for his THREAT. He is kind of like Chris Johnson in his good years - he doesn't look like a big threat until you are trying to catch him. Hence, LBs bite on play action more than the would a lesser threat. That opens up a lot of short passes that would otherwise be meat for LBs.

You'd have to make an argument that he is more valuable than the three guys ahead of him in yards--McCoy, Peterson and Forte...as well as P Manning, Brady, Brees, Gore, Lynch and a few others. I'd want to wait until the end of the season to compare and contrast...then let someone else make the choice!
  • dj43
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

You'd have to make an argument that he is more valuable than the three guys ahead of him in yards--McCoy, Peterson and Forte...as well as P Manning, Brady, Brees, Gore, Lynch and a few others. I'd want to wait until the end of the season to compare and contrast...then let someone else make the choice!
I don't think he would get more than 5th or 6th place votes. I would put Manning, Brady and McCoy ahead of him on performance. Peterson would likely get more votes based on notoriety. After that Charles would be in play along with Forte.
so quiet in here...

KC CHIEFS 4 EVAR!
Share 49ersWebzone