There are 273 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Harbaugh is a QB guru - best in the biz - but I don't think I would call a Reid comparison "laughable." A Nolan comparison, OTOH? Absolutely laughable. Comparisons with many other recent HCs? Also laughable.

I'm also trying to think of Reid's "mixed results." I'd argue that he got the most out of McNabb, revived Vick's career, and got Kolb to look better than he really was.

I think that Smith's time with Harbs plus additional input from Reid will allow him to have solid play.

No, you're right. Reid is definitely good. I guess I'm not that impressed with his ultimate results with Vick, but that could just be Vick's fault. I can't help but think Michael Vick could have done better with Harbaugh whispering in his ear.

But, I think Smith's a much smarter football player than Vick and I think he'll flourish in Reid's system and like playing for Reid.
7-9 sounds about right
Barring injuries, the Chiefs' tremendous upgrade in coaching coupled with their level of talent on that roster should get them at least 8 wins, in my opinion.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Harbaugh is a QB guru - best in the biz - but I don't think I would call a Reid comparison "laughable." A Nolan comparison, OTOH? Absolutely laughable. Comparisons with many other recent HCs? Also laughable.

I'm also trying to think of Reid's "mixed results." I'd argue that he got the most out of McNabb, revived Vick's career, and got Kolb to look better than he really was.

I think that Smith's time with Harbs plus additional input from Reid will allow him to have solid play.

No, you're right. Reid is definitely good. I guess I'm not that impressed with his ultimate results with Vick, but that could just be Vick's fault. I can't help but think Michael Vick could have done better with Harbaugh whispering in his ear.

But, I think Smith's a much smarter football player than Vick and I think he'll flourish in Reid's system and like playing for Reid.

I can't argue with that...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
hopefully they win 8 but it dont look promising.

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Alex Smith and ones go nowhere in 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Smith hasn't impressed during this 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3hAlex Smith staring down his WR. Nearly picked for 6. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2hSmith with plenty of time to leave pocket or throw it away, does neither. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2h Smith hits Dex over the middle, but if it were live, Dex might be getting carted off. Lewis was tracking. #ChiefsCamp
That's some fine cherry-picking there, sus... Everything prior was suggesting that Alex has been solid in practices.

Of course, practice only means something if Alex makes mistakes. If he does well? Hey, it's just practice and don't mean nuthin'.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
That's some fine cherry-picking there, sus... Everything prior was suggesting that Alex has been solid in practices.

Of course, practice only means something if Alex makes mistakes. If he does well? Hey, it's just practice and don't mean nuthin'.

I was just sent those by an old friend. I dont really care as long as they win 8.
Their depth across their positions is rather impressive. I mean, I feel they are a pretty big-time dark horse to make the playoffs. Check out their roster depth and in particular their offensive weapons:

RB: Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis, Cyrus Gray, Shaun Draughn
WR: Dwayne Bowe, Jon Baldwin, Dexter McCluster, Donnie Avery, Devon Wylie
TE: Travis Kelce, Tony Moeaki, Anthony Fasano
OT: Eric Fisher, Brandon Albert, Matt Reynolds, Steven Baker
OG: Jon Asamoah, Geoff Schwartz, Jeff Allen, Donald Stephenson
C: Rodney Hudson, Eric Kush

CB: Sean Smith, Brandon Flowers, Dunta Robinson, Jalil Brown, Sanders Commings
S: Eric Berry, Kendrick Lewis, Quinton Demps, Tysyn Hartman
DL: Donatari Poe, Allen Bailey, Mike DeVito, Tyson Jackson, Austen Lane, Jerrell Powe, Marcus Dixon
LB: Tamba Hali, Justin Houston, Derrick Johnson, Nico Johnson, Zac Diles, Mike Catapano, Orie Lemon
Originally posted by susweel:
I was just sent those by an old friend. I dont really care as long as they win 8.

Oh suuuuuuure... an old friend.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Oh suuuuuuure... an old friend.

I totally believe him. Probably an old friend from his AS haters support group..... jk

An 8 win season for the Chiefs gives the 49ers what in terms of a draft pick exactly??
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
An 8 win season for the Chiefs gives the 49ers what in terms of a draft pick exactly??

The Chiefs 2nd round draft pick goes to the Niners if they win 8 or more games with Smith at QB.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

The Chiefs 2nd round draft pick goes to the Niners if they win 8 or more games with Smith at QB.

Ahh I see...

GO CHIEFS!!
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Does it require Smith to be at QB, or will the Chiefs just winning 8 do the trick. Does anyone know for sure?
hopefully they win 8 but it dont look promising.

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Alex Smith and ones go nowhere in 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3h Smith hasn't impressed during this 2 min drill. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 3hAlex Smith staring down his WR. Nearly picked for 6. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2hSmith with plenty of time to leave pocket or throw it away, does neither. #ChiefsCamp

Jason Madson ‏@Jason_Madson 2h Smith hits Dex over the middle, but if it were live, Dex might be getting carted off. Lewis was tracking. #ChiefsCamp

good ol' Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone