There are 268 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

I wish Alex was still a 49er We'd be 12-2
  • Jiks
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
^ yeah. I'm not sold on them making any noise in the playoffs unless that D gets healthy. I do think it is cool that they've had such a great turnaround though, and I'm happy for Smith.

its a turnaround from early when the d did not force the offense to put up alot of points. alot of us are not shocked alex did this yesterday. once he beat the saints two years ago the blather about the game manager thing should have been removed for good in my opinion. good for him,,, but yes the d is going to fail them in post season I think

You look at Alex's last few games here(besides NYG and his finger) and he was just about ready to take off IMO. I mean one incompletion and 3td's his final game. That's why I was and am still frustrated they didn't allow him to finish last season. Now there are 1,000,000 other variables to this but I think we would have won it with Alex.

Don't really care to argue this fact(even thought it's really an opinion) with anyone because it is 100% a "what if" but I felt all along even before the season we were destined to be SB champs and it all came down to one play. A play in which Alex diagnosed from the sideline and completed his last start against AZ.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]
the funny thing about the 5 td pass, 4 to charles game yesterday was that the two almost connected for another td pass----preceding charles 1 yard td run, smith hit charles on a pass underneath, and charles made a great move to get near the goalline--only the effort of the oakland defender in putting his body in front of charles prevented charles from being able to extend the ball over the goalline
When you stated that pass took 8 years to happen - as though the QB had NEVER done that before... you again showed your clear agenda.

That team could win the SB and you would find a way to minimize it and blame the QB because of bias.

It will be the worse Super Bowl team ever, naturally.
  • dj43
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by cciowa:
^ yeah. I'm not sold on them making any noise in the playoffs unless that D gets healthy. I do think it is cool that they've had such a great turnaround though, and I'm happy for Smith.

its a turnaround from early when the d did not force the offense to put up alot of points. alot of us are not shocked alex did this yesterday. once he beat the saints two years ago the blather about the game manager thing should have been removed for good in my opinion. good for him,,, but yes the d is going to fail them in post season I think

You look at Alex's last few games here(besides NYG and his finger) and he was just about ready to take off IMO. I mean one incompletion and 3td's his final game. That's why I was and am still frustrated they didn't allow him to finish last season. Now there are 1,000,000 other variables to this but I think we would have won it with Alex.

Don't really care to argue this fact(even thought it's really an opinion) with anyone because it is 100% a "what if" but I felt all along even before the season we were destined to be SB champs and it all came down to one play. A play in which Alex diagnosed from the sideline and completed his last start against AZ.

The NYG game came down to the Giant secondary completely taking Crabtree out of the game and Brett Swain just couldn't make a play. There was no one open.

I still believe Kaepernick has a greater upside but AS OF RIGHT NOW, (repeat) AS OF RIGHT NOW I believe this 49er team would be a better offense with Smith at QB. He just has a better overall handle on the game and the offense. He has touch on his short throws and has fit the ball into some tiny windows when he had to. One throw to Bowe yesterday was just flat amazing. Dan Fouts, a guy who has thrown a few great passes in his career called it a "perfect pass."
  • Jiks
Alex Smith 3rd QB since 2000 to complete 85% of his passes and throw for 5 TD's in a single game.(Others: Tom Brady and Drew Brees - 2x)
Originally posted by verb1der:

Wowwwww a 30 yard pass.............................vs Raiders. lol

Took him 8 years for this highlight.

Keep going... keep digging....keep trying.

"Worst 5 TD performance ever."
"Worst 11-3 team ever."
"Worst The Catch III ever."
etc
etc

The bolded are true. 5 TDs and the best highlight is a 30 yard pass against the Raiders, lol

Also they ARE the worst 11-3 team ever. this thread was dead after their 3 game slide vs the Broncos and Chargers. Now all of a sudden they stomp the worst team in the NFL and then the bandwagon is back!

Andy Reid is historically a pretender, and this Chiefs team is no different. They are not tough enough, and their small ball play will not cut it in the playoffs.

#truth

Clown post of the year.

#truth
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

"Worst 11-3 team ever."
etc
etc

The bolded are true. 5 TDs and the best highlight is a 30 yard pass against the Raiders, lol

Also they ARE the worst 11-3 team ever. this thread was dead after their 3 game slide vs the Broncos and Chargers. Now all of a sudden they stomp the worst team in the NFL and then the bandwagon is back!

Andy Reid is historically a pretender, and this Chiefs team is no different. They are not tough enough, and their small ball play will not cut it in the playoffs.

#truth

Clown post of the year.

#truth

Classic example of "haters gonna hate".
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

From that angle it looks like a tight window, but from another angle, you can see Charles had like four steps on that slow ass LB.

60yd bomb that Kap threw against Bucs, now that was amazing

Heck, yeah! I agree. I say the same thing every time Vernon Davis out runs some "slow ass" LB or safety. It just makes me sick inside to think that Davis now has more TD receptions than the great All World Jimmy Graham! The league needs to change the rules so that never happens again. Charles and Davis are both taking unfair advantage of a flaw in the rules.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

"Worst 11-3 team ever."
etc
etc

#truth

Clown post of the year.

#truth

Classic example of the "haters gonna hate" quote.

Say what you will...I'm just bringing balance to this thread.

The Chiefs played the Raiders guys, everyone needs to calm down!

• boast
  • Hella Fame

BFD if it was the Raiders. it's not like they write their own schedule. and they didn't just barely win. they destroyed them like great teams do to s**tty teams.

hey by your logic the Niners must be pretenders too cause we only beat the s**tty Bucs.
Originally posted by boast:

BFD if it was the Raiders. it's not like they write their own schedule. and they didn't just barely win. they destroyed them like great teams do to s**tty teams.

hey by your logic the Niners must be pretenders too cause we only beat the s**tty Bucs.

No way the bucs are waaaaay better than the Raiders! Don't bring the Niners into this we are steamrolling right now.

The Chiefs are pretenders because they got exposed by two teams within their division, IN THEIR HOUSE!!!
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
chiefs are benefiting from a weak ass AFC this season.

...and the 49ers played the Bucs. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy that 49ers' win.

The Chiefs played the Raiders and had the game won in the first 3-4 minutes.

I don't believe "balance" is what you bring to this thread.
You diminish any credibility with every post you make.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

...and the 49ers played the Bucs. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy that 49ers' win.

The Chiefs played the Raiders and had the game won in the first 3-4 minutes.

I don't believe "balance" is what you bring to this thread.
You diminish any credibility with every post you make.

Love = everyone in here
Hate = me

We need more balance if you ask me!

The Raiders TOTALLY gave the game to the Chiefs, 7 TURNOVERS.

The Bucs have been playing decent football as of late, and Niners handled the business. Also we beat the Seahawks so I dont even know why I'm defending the 49ers on here.
Share 49ersWebzone