How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Wowwwww a 30 yard pass.............................vs Raiders. lol

Took him 8 years for this highlight.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by dj43:
He absolutely should.

Manning is having a crazy year but I would argue he is doing it with the best set of receivers in football. After all, Tim Tebow took Denver into the second round of the playoffs with Decker and D. Thomas catching and running with the ball. Manning added Welker. With that cast he SHOULD be putting up numbers. …and he is Peyton.

Brady is a more important player to his team than Manning, IMO. He is throwing to a bunch of scrubs. He syyyy Tuuuu
hould get more props that Peyton.

Which brings us to Smith. Only Brady, IMO, has been as important to their team. An earlier post referred to Alex as an artist. I like that. The setup and throws for those screen passes yesterday was artistry. It was on a par with Brees whose NO team is the best in the league. Smith works his artistry not only in the passing game but in setting up the run game as well. So while that falls under the category of "management" to some, that is the job of the QB and no QB in the league has had a greater impact on their team than has Alex.

Good post and I agree. Thing I've noticed with Alex over the last year/year and a half is his foot work. It's almost flawless.

Not to mention his mechanics
Originally posted by verb1der:

Keep going... keep digging....keep trying.

"Worst 5 TD performance ever."
"Worst 11-3 team ever."
"Worst The Catch III ever."
etc
etc
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I saw Smith's stat with 5 TDs yesterday and I was like ..."hmmmm...wait a minute..."

Then watched the highlights, they were all screen passes, lol.

Happy for Smith. Glad he has players than can YAC it up for him!

O RLY?

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

AND this.

Smith doesn't put the ball where receivers can get yac = hate.

Smith's receivers get yac = hate.

Classic.

Dude. That's a 1 man receiver screen. See Hemingway blocking 2 guys... that's a screen
  • dj43

Anyone who compares the train wreck Smith played on in the first 6 years to what he has accomplished since Jimmy Raye got canned and concludes that somehow they are the same is just not paying attention…but then we have been through all that a couple of times.
  • dj43
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I saw Smith's stat with 5 TDs yesterday and I was like ..."hmmmm...wait a minute..."

O RLY?

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

AND this.

Smith doesn't put the ball where receivers can get yac = hate.

Smith's receivers get yac = hate.

Classic.

Dude. That's a 1 man receiver screen. See Hemingway blocking 2 guys... that's a screen

"Besides it was against the Faders."
  • dj43

That's what happens when you only watch highlights.

From that angle it looks like a tight window, but from another angle, you can see Charles had like four steps on that slow ass LB.

60yd bomb that Kap threw against Bucs, now that was amazing

"Worst 11-3 team ever."
etc
etc

The bolded are true. 5 TDs and the best highlight is a 30 yard pass against the Raiders, lol

Also they ARE the worst 11-3 team ever. this thread was dead after their 3 game slide vs the Broncos and Chargers. Now all of a sudden they stomp the worst team in the NFL and then the bandwagon is back!

Andy Reid is historically a pretender, and this Chiefs team is no different. They are not tough enough, and their small ball play will not cut it in the playoffs.

#truth

"Worst 11-3 team ever."
etc
etc

The bolded are true. 5 TDs and the best highlight is a 30 yard pass against the Raiders, lol

Also they ARE the worst 11-3 team ever. this thread was dead after their 3 game slide vs the Broncos and Chargers. Now all of a sudden they stomp the worst team in the NFL and then the bandwagon is back!

Andy Reid is historically a pretender, and this Chiefs team is no different. They are not tough enough, and their small ball play will not cut it in the playoffs.

#truth

You never know, maybe that defense can get 5 TO in the a playoff game.

When you stated that pass took 8 years to happen - as though the QB had NEVER done that before... you again showed your clear agenda.

That team could win the SB and you would find a way to minimize it and blame the QB because of bias.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

"Worst 11-3 team ever."
etc
etc

#truth

I can agree Andy isn't the best "game day" coach. but historically, he's had choke artists starting at QB. Alex is the opposite of that.
^ yeah. I'm not sold on them making any noise in the playoffs unless that D gets healthy. I do think it is cool that they've had such a great turnaround though, and I'm happy for Smith.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

"Worst 11-3 team ever."
etc
etc

#truth

You never know, maybe that defense can get 5 TO in the a playoff game.

Lol, unfortunately they won't see the Raiders in the playoffs.

Their defense will face QBs like Brady/Manning/Luck, they are going to get sliced and sauteed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
^ yeah. I'm not sold on them making any noise in the playoffs unless that D gets healthy. I do think it is cool that they've had such a great turnaround though, and I'm happy for Smith.

its a turnaround from early when the d did not force the offense to put up alot of points. alot of us are not shocked alex did this yesterday. once he beat the saints two years ago the blather about the game manager thing should have been removed for good in my opinion. good for him,,, but yes the d is going to fail them in post season I think
Share 49ersWebzone