There are 306 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
did either team play defense today?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Excellent day for what's his name! Niners and Chiefs winning...all is right with the world!

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Charles? I think it's still best for Niner fans that the Chiefs lose.

Why? Chiefs are my second favorite team. They have to most ex-niners than any other team and have given us a 2nd round pick for winning 8+ games.

I hope to see them in the Superbowl.
[ Edited by Moolji on Dec 15, 2013 at 8:06 PM ]
missed the game...I was in and out of sleep... I closed my eyes for 10-15 mins after the 9er game, and I looked up to see 21-3..lol..wtf? then fell asleep to only wake up the Raiders coming back before the lulz.

how'd did Alex do? I saw that perfect pass to Charles on 3rd and 1 for a TD and I saw him fumble late in the game...but I was in and out of sleep. Also saw some of his runs... people forget how fast he is. I wonder if the Chiefs will bring out the read option in the playoffs like we will.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]
If you give a NFL qb all day, he'll find an open receiver. You give a Raiders' qb all day in the pocket, he'll find a way to throw an INT.
50 burger
Originally posted by Afrikan:
missed the game...I was in and out of sleep... I closed my eyes for 10-15 mins after the 9er game, and I looked up to see 21-3..lol..wtf? then fell asleep to only wake up the Raiders coming back before the lulz.

how'd did Alex do? I saw that perfect pass to Charles on 3rd and 1 for a TD and I saw him fumble late in the game...but I was in and out of sleep. Also saw some of his runs... people forget how fast he is. I wonder if the Chiefs will bring out the read option in the playoffs like we will.

Up there with Brady and Brees? He's making strides!
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Slow LB on Charles in man coverage and its a wrap
AS saw that and took advantage of the situation. That's his job.

also made a perfectly placed pass to charles
Still missed some throws and taking sacks which led to his fumble

but he has that screen pass down

What are you talking about? He was 17 for 20. Two of the incompletions were the result of good defense. I don't recall the other one. If that equates to "still missed some throws" then your credibility regarding football just went to a negative number.

BTW, Smith did a great job of setting up both of the first two screen plays by looking off the linebackers then throwing at the last split second to put Charles in great position to use his skills to beat the remaining defenders… or does that not register with you?
  • dj43
Originally posted by AUniner:
Our coaches/players should watch this game over the off season

1. We play both these teams next year.
2. Learn how to run a screen play.

Our OL is too big and slow to get out in front of screens. It would be nice if they could but that is just not the way they are built. The 49ers are the worst screen team in the league. I believe I read yesterday they have thrown only 3 screen passes all year and only one gained positive yardage.
Originally posted by dj43:

What are you talking about? He was 17 for 20. Two of the incompletions were the result of good defense. I don't recall the other one. If that equates to "still missed some throws" then your credibility regarding football just went to a negative number.

BTW, Smith did a great job of setting up both of the first two screen plays by looking off the linebackers then throwing at the last split second to put Charles in great position to use his skills to beat the remaining defenders… or does that not register with you?

I didn't say his completion was off
  • dj43

Your intent was pretty clear.

• Furlow
  • Veteran

You said "he missed some throws." Which ones?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
Our coaches/players should watch this game over the off season

1. We play both these teams next year.
2. Learn how to run a screen play.

Our OL is too big and slow to get out in front of screens. It would be nice if they could but that is just not the way they are built. The 49ers are the worst screen team in the league. I believe I read yesterday they have thrown only 3 screen passes all year and only one gained positive yardage.

Bill Walsh is weeping in his grave.

The missed deep pass to Bowe near the end of the half was right on the money, but the defender did a great job of batting down the pass.
Staley and Iupati can run the screen game on the left side, obviously Staley. I hope whoever replaces Goowin is mobile, that'd be a huge help.
god forbid
Share 49ersWebzone