There are 41 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by dj43:
Along the way, Jamaal Charles already has over 1,600 yards from scrimmage. If he stays healthy he could go well over 2,000 yards.
Despite the subpar Quarterbacking...

OH WAIT!!!
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
As far as Alex Smith -- he has set career highs in completions and attempts this year and rushing yards, and is 1 TD away from a career high in TDs.

At 2873 yards, 18 TD, 6 INTs, 360+ rushing yards with 1 rushing TD, with 3 games to go he has a shot to reach 25 TDs and 3500 yards and 500 yards rushing possibly. Would be a nice milestone for him.

those are some pretty mediocre career highs for a player drafted number one, lol

Smith and the 49ers weren't meant for each other.

Ironically, the way Smith has played the past 4 games, and much of this year, they would be ideal for each other. His LOS calls have been a big reason Charles is having the year he is having. I have to think Gore would love to be working behind Smith right now.

One reason Gore was always so supportive of Smith...he understood how smart he was in diagnosing at the LOS. He stated as much numerous times over the years. The fact that the Chiefs took a huge leap this year wasn't an accident or just Reid...the QB position has been upgraded tremendously.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
One reason Gore was always so supportive of Smith...he understood how smart he was in diagnosing at the LOS. He stated as much numerous times over the years. The fact that the Chiefs took a huge leap this year wasn't an accident or just Reid...the QB position has been upgraded tremendously.

Good post. I couldn't agree more about Smitty. He's doing what he does over there in KC. Chiefs need to get healthy on defense. They look like they're wearing down on defense at the wrong time of the season. Ball control offense or should I say Smitty ball only works if you have a great defense to rely on.

Love the first page of this thread so much. Chiefs can eat it. Can someone help me out and tell me what show that gif on the front page is from? Jimrat's usage of that gif was outstanding. Cracks me up every time.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Good post. I couldn't agree more about Smitty. He's doing what he does over there in KC. Chiefs need to get healthy on defense. They look like they're wearing down on defense at the wrong time of the season. Ball control offense or should I say Smitty ball only works if you have a great defense to rely on.

Love the first page of this thread so much. Chiefs can eat it. Can someone help me out and tell me what show that gif on the front page is from? Jimrat's usage of that gif was outstanding. Cracks me up every time.

HBO's The Wire. the best damn tv show to ever grace the small screen.

No team wins consistently if they do not have a very good defense. That is proven by the fact "Smitty ball" has put up an average of OVER 30 PPG the last 4 weeks but lost 3 out of 4. Smith has proven he knows how to win. When they needed 17 points, he got them. When they needed more, he put up more. The problem was the injuries on the defense, not the fact Alex Smith was the QB.

Chiefs will get Justin Houston back in another week or two. That will have a big impact on that defense. He was playing at an All Pro level before his injury. They could do some serious damage in the playoffs if that defense stays healthy.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by susweel:
As far as Alex Smith -- he has set career highs in completions and attempts this year and rushing yards, and is 1 TD away from a career high in TDs.

At 2873 yards, 18 TD, 6 INTs, 360+ rushing yards with 1 rushing TD, with 3 games to go he has a shot to reach 25 TDs and 3500 yards and 500 yards rushing possibly. Would be a nice milestone for him.

those are some pretty mediocre career highs for a player drafted number one, lol

Smith and the 49ers weren't meant for each other.

Ironically, the way Smith has played the past 4 games, and much of this year, they would be ideal for each other. His LOS calls have been a big reason Charles is having the year he is having. I have to think Gore would love to be working behind Smith right now.

thats going to leave a mark
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM ]

Along the way, Jamaal Charles already has over 1,600 yards from scrimmage. If he stays healthy he could go well over 2,000 yards.

Just shows how s**tty the QB play is. Reminds me of Roger Craig. He had to carry his QB for years. Remember?
Originally posted by boast:

HBO's The Wire. the best damn tv show to ever grace the small screen.

It's no Breaking Bad.

No team wins consistently if they do not have a very good defense. That is proven by the fact "Smitty ball" has put up an average of OVER 30 PPG the last 4 weeks but lost 3 out of 4. Smith has proven he knows how to win. When they needed 17 points, he got them. When they needed more, he put up more. The problem was the injuries on the defense, not the fact Alex Smith was the QB.

Chiefs will get Justin Houston back in another week or two. That will have a big impact on that defense. He was playing at an All Pro level before his injury. They could do some serious damage in the playoffs if that defense stays healthy.
pass rush remerged vs skins...it had been in hibernation for previous 4-5 games, after their defense led the league in sacks early on
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Just shows how s**tty the QB play is. Reminds me of Roger Craig. He had to carry his QB for years. Remember?

ooooooh.... some of you guys are the ones with large spoons in hand today!

Frank's having the same year he always has. He's averaging 4 yards less per game than last year. Always baffled me why we didn't get Alex a receiving back and/ or reduced Gore's role in the passing game under Harbaugh.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Frank's having the same year he always has. He's averaging 4 yards less per game than last year. Always baffled me why we didn't get Alex a receiving back and/ or reduced Gore's role in the passing game under Harbaugh.

Frank's yards per carry is down significantly
Originally posted by hofer36:
Frank's yards per carry is down significantly

He's been in the 4.2- 4.3 range for 5 out of the last 7 years.
Interesting development with broncos loss to chargers.....if chiefs can win out and broncos lose qof their next 2 games, chiefs win the west and possibly are looking at a number 1 seed in the playoffs
Originally posted by hofer36:
Interesting development with broncos loss to chargers.....if chiefs can win out and broncos lose qof their next 2 games, chiefs win the west and possibly are looking at a number 1 seed in the playoffs

still one and done, lol