Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by hofer36:
interesting that alex smith completed passes to 11 different receivers sunday

If he was with his former team, they would have all gone to VD.

Reid>HarRo in the passing game Alex Smith finally gets a true WCO coach on his side.

To 11 different receivers, like Montana and Young used to do.

Like usual, Smith is in the top 5 for TD:INT ratio, but I saw another number that was pretty interesting..

In Pass plays over 20 yards, he's in the top 10.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Like usual, Smith is in the top 5 for TD:INT ratio, but I saw another number that was pretty interesting..

Just found this intriguing, after your post prompted me to take a look...

Currently, Alex is ranked 3rd best in deep passing accuracy at 50%. Only Rodgers and Russell Wilson ranked higher. Alex's receivers are tied for 2nd in most drops on the deep ones.

( PFF )
Funny, Alex is playing his best football he has played IMO and his team starts losing.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Currently, Alex is ranked 3rd best in deep passing accuracy at 50%. Only Rodgers and Russell Wilson ranked higher. Alex's receivers are tied for 2nd in most drops on the deep ones.

( PFF )

Not surprised...but then, some of us knew he could pass and accuracy/depth wasn't a problem. Amazing about the receivers dropping so many and yet he is still able to be near top!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not surprised...but then, some of us knew he could pass and accuracy/depth wasn't a problem. Amazing about the receivers dropping so many and yet he is still able to be near top!

I know man... that is a wild revelation. (seriously) To be 3rd in deep accuracy while having the 2nd most deep drops?

( and no, no one is calling Alex elite... just as said.. an intriguing stat )
I know man... that is a wild revelation. (seriously) To be 3rd in deep accuracy while having the 2nd most deep drops?

( and no, no one is calling Alex elite... just as said.. an intriguing stat )

He has always had talent and has been very good for a long time but I agree regarding Elite. There are very few guys I consider elite...P Manning, Rodgers (sometimes), Brees (most times), and...that's about it. They have won Super Bowls and have been very good for a long time. Smith has improved steadily over the years and as the teams he played on improved...a very team oriented style of play that I personally admire and enjoy watching. If you like watching 400 yard games I can see he wouldn't be your cup of tea though...and that's fine.

( PFF )

It's no accident either. Reid took the training wheels off of Smith and the offense. Both Reid and Smith talked about taking more chances and pushing the ball more, which is their way of saying throwing it more down field in the media without saying as much for the opponents to hear.

Reid had to let Smith throw it more down field to keep up with the other team's offense. Especially, with their hurting defense the last 3 weeks. They can't be methodical, 12 plays 90yds, time consuming scoring drives any more. Score quickly to keep up.This pretty much proved it isn't as much Smith being conservative or safe since 2011 with Harbaugh, it's more from Harbaugh and Reid passing on down to Smith to be conservative.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Funny, Alex is playing his best football he has played IMO and his team starts losing.

Not really...when his team isn't getting it done, Alex is stepping up trying to make it happen. If the team is winning on its own, Alex tries not to lose it for the team. That is the way he has always played if you think about it.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for mkmasn.

( PFF )

He was top 5 in the league in passing completion on deep plays for awhile here, too, and we argued about it. But the haters always pointed to the number of attempts being lower than the others on that list.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
He was top 5 in the league in passing completion on deep plays for awhile here, too, and we argued about it. But the haters always pointed to the number of attempts being lower than the others on that list.

Loved that logic...the fewer times you do something the better you get...that's why practice is so over rated! LOL!
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Not really...when his team isn't getting it done, Alex is stepping up trying to make it happen. If the team is winning on its own, Alex tries not to lose it for the team. That is the way he has always played if you think about it.

Alex has made some insane plays the past few weeks. Some ridiculous escapes and big-time throws. Many of us realize this is the Alex you get when that's how the game needs to be played. You hit the nail on the head. Alex does his best to ensure his team a win, and the situation dictate his play.

This is why I still think this "limitations" stuff is bull-crap. He can make all the throws, tight windows or not, all over the field, and can make plays with his legs. He's not a 4.4 runner, but he's got wheels for a QB. Alex isn't limited as a passer. He chooses how he's going to operate out there, and makes decisions on the field accordingly.

He's probably just not ever going to get the credit he really deserves until he has a Super Bowl win.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Alex has made some insane plays the past few weeks. Some ridiculous escapes and big-time throws. Many of us realize this is the Alex you get when that's how the game needs to be played. You hit the nail on the head. Alex does his best to ensure his team a win, and the situation dictate his play.

This is why I still think this "limitations" stuff is bull-crap. He can make all the throws, tight windows or not, all over the field, and can make plays with his legs. He's not a 4.4 runner, but he's got wheels for a QB. Alex isn't limited as a passer. He chooses how he's going to operate out there, and makes decisions on the field accordingly.

He's probably just not ever going to get the credit he really deserves until he has a Super Bowl win.

He doesn't even get credit for ensuring Kaep made the playoffs last year...

Completely true! Thanks for posting this.

Completely true! Thanks for posting this.

+ 1

.. but for the last line. Even if a SB is in his future, he won't be given any credit for it. It will be that "the rest of the team had to carry him.. they won despite him!"
  • Amir
  • Veteran
LETS GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!