There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Criticism is tough..especially for a favorite player.

What do you think that AS has to improve on ?

Hard to say... much depends on the type of team KC turns out to be. If they have a strong defense and STs? Then I don't think Alex has to do much that's different than what he was doing here for us. If he is asked to or game situations force him to be more aggressive? Then I'd say the biggest area of improvement would be that he needs to TRUST his targets more in order to be more aggressive in down field attempts. He would have to take more risks instead of simply being okay with taking a sack if he's not fully comfortable with his targets. Alex has much improved pocket awareness, usage, and his accuracy is fine. He will really just have to quickly gauge his new team and what they can and can not do.. and then adapt to or stay the same.. with that gauge pending.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Jul 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM ]
Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people this season. While I don't think anyone will beat Denver for the division title I expect KC to give them a run and come up just short. It will all depend on whether or not the current coaching staff can bring out the talent of that defense. Make no mistake about it, there is a ton of talent on that roster on both sides of the ball. Should be interesting. Love to see them knock the Broncos around in KC at the very least. GO CHIEFS! FUNK DENVER!!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people this season. While I don't think anyone will beat Denver for the division title I expect KC to give them a run and come up just short. It will all depend on whether or not the current coaching staff can bring out the talent of that defense. Make no mistake about it, there is a ton of talent on that roster on both sides of the ball. Should be interesting. Love to see them knock the Broncos around in KC at the very least. GO CHIEFS! FUNK DENVER!!

49ers vs Broncos in Super Bowl
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people this season. While I don't think anyone will beat Denver for the division title I expect KC to give them a run and come up just short. It will all depend on whether or not the current coaching staff can bring out the talent of that defense. Make no mistake about it, there is a ton of talent on that roster on both sides of the ball. Should be interesting. Love to see them knock the Broncos around in KC at the very least. GO CHIEFS! FUNK DENVER!!

Chiefs will surprise or will Alex surprise ?

we all seen what the Chiefs can do
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people this season. While I don't think anyone will beat Denver for the division title I expect KC to give them a run and come up just short. It will all depend on whether or not the current coaching staff can bring out the talent of that defense. Make no mistake about it, there is a ton of talent on that roster on both sides of the ball. Should be interesting. Love to see them knock the Broncos around in KC at the very least. GO CHIEFS! FUNK DENVER!!

Chiefs will surprise or will Alex surprise ?

we all seen what the Chiefs can do

You think the 2013 Chiefs are the same team as 2012 Chiefs?
Can we just dispense with all of this and cut right to it?

The people.. the same people that never thought Alex would be a 49er beyond 2007... 2008... 2009... 2010... the same people that believed he could never be a top 10 QB in passer rating or half as good as he is... for one or two years in a row...

these same people flat out don't like or respect Alex as a quarterback... for whatever reasons... because he's not a dynamic QB... because he's made them look foolish for the last however many years for being resilient... because they have grown to resent the fans of Alex.. whatever.. doesn't much matter. These same people will follow Alex around on the pretense of caring about which draft pick will belong to SF.

The obvious and clear reality is... Alex has burned them in some way or another... so even as Alex is no longer a part of the Niners... they will talk about him as often as they can in unrelated threads.. they will follow him to a Chiefs thread... likely follow him to a Chiefs forum.. and continue to dig at him and doubt him.. probably even after he retires from football... probably even after he's dead and buried. It is in the blood like a malingering toxin.

This is why anyone but Alex supporters are in this thread. If we can all just admit that much, then that really is the next step to purging the circulatory system.

edit: this may turn out to be a good quick source of TC and other KC info...

https://twitter.com/arrowheadpride
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Jul 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people this season. While I don't think anyone will beat Denver for the division title I expect KC to give them a run and come up just short. It will all depend on whether or not the current coaching staff can bring out the talent of that defense. Make no mistake about it, there is a ton of talent on that roster on both sides of the ball. Should be interesting. Love to see them knock the Broncos around in KC at the very least. GO CHIEFS! FUNK DENVER!!

Chiefs will surprise or will Alex surprise ?

we all seen what the Chiefs can do

You think the 2013 Chiefs are the same team as 2012 Chiefs?

yes, and without a QB they are the suxxors
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Criticism is tough..especially for a favorite player.

What do you think that AS has to improve on ?

Hard to say... much depends on the type of team KC turns out to be. If they have a strong defense and STs? Then I don't think Alex has to do much that's different than what he was doing here for us. If he is asked to or game situations force him to be more aggressive? Then I'd say the biggest area of improvement would be that he needs to TRUST his targets more in order to be more aggressive in down field attempts. He would have to take more risks instead of simply being okay with taking a sack if he's not fully comfortable with his targets. Alex has much improved pocket awareness, usage, and his accuracy is fine. He will really just have to quickly gauge his new team and what they can and can not do.. and then adapt to or stay the same.. with that gauge pending.

Trust his targets or trust himself in being able to make the more difficult passes a little more often.

Alex needs to work on ball placement and being more comfortable in making tighter throws when needed.

We have seen the coaches film on him and it is obvious he doesn't throw the ball to receivers unless they are college open.
Theres one area i think we can all agree on with this Smith and this trust thing. two words... Vernon Davis....

If Smith develops any rapport with a WR, or TE, or RB like he did with VD, then nothing to worry bout at all.

I remember when we had Morgan, and they compared who Smith had the least rapport with, and it was Crabs. i think when throwing his way, he had the most Int's for whatever the reason was, bad throw, wrong route or not fighting for the ball like he does now. a number of reasons... but one thing was always apparent, he trusted VD completely, and never had a problem throwing into double or triple coverage. s**t at times, i used to cringe when he'd try some of those deep passes to Vd, but low and behold either long yards or a Td. Remember when Vd almost broke the TD record. or what VD called the 11-85 combo. all the past of course, but if he develops a rapport, and chemistry, and trust like that. then the skies the limit IMHO
Originally posted by Joecool:
We have seen the coaches film on him and it is obvious he doesn't throw the ball to receivers unless they are college open.

That's clearly what you want to believe... for your own twisted and unnecessary agenda... but Andy Reid says your assessment sucks. Alex doesn't like to blindly chuck passes.. and our many receivers over the years haven't really been deep ball threats or worthy of trust. Jim wanted a very cautious offense as we evolved in our offense... that's what he got. Now, Kaep can do some special things and has a special arm. I get that... but your quoted words there just ring hollow.

( and I will save you the trouble of your next expected response... "oh yeah, but that's just practice!"

On first play at camp, Chiefs show their new look

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/26/4370377/on-first-play-at-camp-chiefs-show.html

Andy Reid delivered a not-so-subtle message Friday with the first play at Chiefs training camp. He had Alex Smith heave a pass deep down the middle that was hauled in for a touchdown by Dexter McCluster. The play served notice that after two seasons with a dormant passing attack, the Chiefs intend to revive it in a big way. "I wasn't ready for that," Smith said. "I came up and I got a good look for it. Crowd pleaser." Much more needs to happen before the passing game can be called successful. But the intent is obviously there. Smith completed another deep pass to McCluster a few plays later.As much as Reid enjoyed the big plays, he liked the consistency of the passing game. Smith, who completed 70 percent of his passes for the 49ers last season, went several plays into practice before throwing his first incompletion."There weren't a lot of balls on the ground, and it looked like the defense had people covered," Reid said. "They were in position."
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,085
I can see them winning 9 games... maybe battling for 10 to get in the playoffs in a meaningful game (for both teams) on week 17 at SD.

Some games they'll be Chiefs and some games they'll just be Queefs... book it!
Was looking at a fantasy magazine today and the Chiefs face 10 teams in the lower half against the run this year. Denver has taken shots with the McGahee release and Von Miller possible suspension I'm starting to think they may be able to make a run at the division.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,085
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Was looking at a fantasy magazine today and the Chiefs face 10 teams in the lower half against the run this year. Denver has taken shots with the McGahee release and Von Miller possible suspension I'm starting to think they may be able to make a run at the division.

Quite possible, the ball bounces a funny way and injuries play a big roll throughout the season... Broncos can't afford any key injuries on defense.

As long as they play more like Chiefs and not like Queefs, they got a good shot at the division. They can definitely spit with Denver/SD and sweep Oakland.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

These same people flat out don't like or respect Alex as a quarterback... for whatever reasons... because he's not a dynamic QB... because he's made them look foolish for the last however many years for being resilient... because they have grown to resent the fans of Alex.. whatever.. doesn't much matter. These same people will follow Alex around on the pretense of caring about which draft pick will belong to SF.


For me, it was the ultra-safe mindset that I couldn't stand anymore.
Besides that, he's a pretty good quarterback. Pretty good enough to get the Chiefs to a pretty good .500 record and give us a pretty good mid 2nd round pick.
Oh ya, and Tank Carradine says "Hi".
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Can we just dispense with all of this and cut right to it?

The people.. the same people that never thought Alex would be a 49er beyond 2007... 2008... 2009... 2010... the same people that believed he could never be a top 10 QB in passer rating or half as good as he is... for one or two years in a row...

these same people flat out don't like or respect Alex as a quarterback... for whatever reasons... because he's not a dynamic QB... because he's made them look foolish for the last however many years for being resilient... because they have grown to resent the fans of Alex.. whatever.. doesn't much matter. These same people will follow Alex around on the pretense of caring about which draft pick will belong to SF.

The obvious and clear reality is... Alex has burned them in some way or another... so even as Alex is no longer a part of the Niners... they will talk about him as often as they can in unrelated threads.. they will follow him to a Chiefs thread... likely follow him to a Chiefs forum.. and continue to dig at him and doubt him.. probably even after he retires from football... probably even after he's dead and buried. It is in the blood like a malingering toxin.

This is why anyone but Alex supporters are in this thread. If we can all just admit that much, then that really is the next step to purging the circulatory system.

edit: this may turn out to be a good quick source of TC and other KC info...

https://twitter.com/arrowheadpride


And what if Alex fails in KC, good sir ? Will you be the first in line (considering you've posted at least once or twice on almost every page of this thread) to admit that he is/was a mediocre quarterback, or should we be ready to hear (A) his coaches stink, (B) his receivers arent good enough, (C) he needs a running game, (D) oline sucks, (E) defense didnt come through OR we could go back to the classic throwbacks (F) he's only [blank] years old, (G) his hands are too small, (H) Nolan ruined his psyche when he played him with a bad shoulder, (I) shouldnt have started as a rookie just as Rodgers didnt, (J) field is in bad shape, (K) just needs time to adapt to the playbook, (L) playbook is too complicated - Reid needs to simplify it, (M) ball is too slippery in KC, (N) too windy for him to be accurate, (O) coaches are forcing him to be hesitant / conservative - not his fault.

I think Ive heard one or more of these from the so called "fanbase" during his tenure in San Francisco. Doesnt really matter to me whether he's great out there or a flop, but what I saw this past year was a 2nd year quarterback (who apparently lacked in practice) take our team to a Superbowl and almost win it, whilst going through teams like NE, NO, GB, and ATL. Clearly Kaep gave us an advantage in his 2nd year that Alex couldnt give us in his 8th.

Will be rooting for him, along with you
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home