There are 182 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Fantasy football f*cked up common sense when it comes to football. Everyone and their momma "expects" the QB to throw for 300+ yards, multiple TD's and all that crap when the only thing that matters is the W-L in the end.

I'm at that point where I'm okay with the people bashing A. Smith in the style of game he plays. All I look at now is whether they won or not. Don't get it twisted, I like the guy, but if the 49ers ever play the Chiefs, I hope we put a hurt on him.

Kap isn't a fantasy football guy. It's not about 300 yards. That's a blanket statement. I have provided a variety of information that has very little to do with fantasy football.

Let me ask you a simple question: Has a Smith led team (both ours and the Chiefs) been winning games? Has nothing to do with the defense, but just win outright.

We ALL know the type of QB A Smith is. We know he's not "elite" in that matter. But again, has a Smith led team (both ours and the Chiefs) been winning games?

Alex Smith is a part of a winning team. But the details explain why that team is winning but some want to ignore the details. Alex not turning the ball over is a part of that. There are other greater parts to KC winning.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Fantasy football f*cked up common sense when it comes to football. Everyone and their momma "expects" the QB to throw for 300+ yards, multiple TD's and all that crap when the only thing that matters is the W-L in the end.

I'm at that point where I'm okay with the people bashing A. Smith in the style of game he plays. All I look at now is whether they won or not. Don't get it twisted, I like the guy, but if the 49ers ever play the Chiefs, I hope we put a hurt on him.

Kap isn't a fantasy football guy. It's not about 300 yards. That's a blanket statement. I have provided a variety of information that has very little to do with fantasy football.

Let me ask you a simple question: Has a Smith led team (both ours and the Chiefs) been winning games? Has nothing to do with the defense, but just win outright.

We ALL know the type of QB A Smith is. We know he's not "elite" in that matter. But again, has a Smith led team (both ours and the Chiefs) been winning games?

It's way more than just wins, it's about greatness. 49ers fans expect greatness!

#dontsettle

We're talking about a player now with the Chiefs, not the 49ers.

But seriously though, why b*tch about a QB and his play when it doesn't have anything to do with us anymore? As stated, I like the guy and wish him success (unless we're playing him). He earned my respect for what he went through with the 49ers organization and how he conducted himself when he was with us.

But to argue and b*tch about him after all this time???? I'm over it. I'll reserve my opinion for myself.

Watch the last 30 seconds of the video in post 748.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174359-michael-crabtree-on-the-mend/page50/

Won't throw deep or unless "wide open."
Alex Smith is a part of a winning team. But the details explain why that team is winning but some want to ignore the details. Alex not turning the ball over is a part of that. There are other greater parts to KC winning.

In a year 1 system with a team in the top 10 on drops and O-penalties? A bottom 10 OL? No way! say it ain't so, Joe! Shocker!

Trust me, I agree and you have provided more than enough examples to back your points.

BUT

Is it really that crucial that you have to counter almost every arguments on someone not even playing for us? He gave us 2 second round pick and for that, I'm thankful. As for the Chiefs???? Good luck to them until we meet them.

Alex Smith doesn't turn the ball over, that's why the Chiefs are 9-0.

He doesn't throw TDs. He doesn't throw deep. Can't get the ball to any of his receivers. He doesn't scamper for yards. Not even a top 5 running qb. Can't hold a lead. Can't come from behind. Alex Smith can't do s**t.

lol
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

So many excuses for Alex but no one wants to admit that it is just the way he plays.

This is total b******t. With MAYBE one or two exceptions, the people who supported Smith (and may still do) freely admit that he has limits. He's conservative to a fault, he is prone to hold the ball too long, he relies heavily on the check down. I see these things and know that others do too. That doesn't make him a "fraud," "total s**t," or "average ass," however.

Limits do not justify the tirades of crap provided to minimize every single thing that player has accomplished. ZERO credit is given by the vocal minority. They claim that any QB can do what Smith has done in recent years, but cannot point to a single other QB who HAS done it. That's disingenuous and shows an agenda.

This. Smith may not be adept at an all out air assault. But there's no better QB in the league in minimizing mistakes and intelligence in being on the same page as a head coach and executing a game plan. He's also proven to be able to win big games when his number is called, but thrives as being a cog in the team instead of it's headlining part. I think because he's not a prototypical air it out and take risks type of QB that wears bravado on his sleeve, he's always been unfairly judged. He's done nothing but win these last three years. What more can you ask one of the guys leading your team?

You guys are missing my point. This is not about trashing Alex Smith. It is about providing information that refutes a lot of false claims being made. The Chiefs have a QB that does not turn the ball over. There are major negatives in his style of play, but for team that handed games to the opponent last year, he is the perfect QB placeholder until they find one that can play a more dominating style of offense. He was inconsistent last season on a Superbowl bound team. He is not producing very well this season either. All I have done is brought up countless rebuttals and information to false statements or a major generalization comeback "he just wins" that is based on very little analyzation. These are the type of comments that cause further rebuttals and turns a thread sour.

Here is how the last few pages have been.

poster 1: Alex is a winner and he can throw deep but his receiver is lazy,....
poster 2: Here's quite a few stats that show otherwise.
poster 1 or 3: He's the suxors because he's 9-0.

poster 4: Alex makes his defense better.
poster 2: Here's all the analysis that shows otherwise
poster 1, 3, or 4: He's the suxors because he's 9-0
poster 4: TOP
poster 2: More analysis how the defense minimizes opponents number of snaps which in turn gets KC's number of snaps up even though they are near last in the league in yards per drive
poster 5: his OL sucks, his receivers are lazy (subjective)

So, who are the ones ruining the thread? The ones drinking the cool-aide making baseless statements or the ones researching and making very valid points.
You're engaging in a self-fulfilling prophesy, as evidenced by years of extreme statements ("doesn't ever," "can't," "won't"). You filter the stats to reach your conclusion. Your conclusion is: The team is 9-0 DESPITE Alex Smith.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Alex Smith doesn't turn the ball over, that's why the Chiefs are 9-0.

He doesn't throw TDs. He doesn't throw deep. Can't get the ball to any of his receivers. He doesn't scamper for yards. Not even a top 5 running qb. Can't hold a lead. Can't come from behind. Alex Smith can't do s**t.

lol
Hey !

Dont talk about Alex like that !!

It's way more than just wins, it's about greatness. 49ers fans expect greatness!

#dontsettle

But seriously though, why b*tch about a QB and his play when it doesn't have anything to do with us anymore? As stated, I like the guy and wish him success (unless we're playing him). He earned my respect for what he went through with the 49ers organization and how he conducted himself when he was with us.

But to argue and b*tch about him after all this time???? I'm over it. I'll reserve my opinion for myself.

Imo, the heat still exists because a good portion of casual 49ers fans are deceived by the Chiefs team record, and then conclude the 49ers made a mistake.

I see all these jabs on Facebook , it's hilarious.
Imo, the heat still exists because a good portion of casual 49ers fans are deceived by the Chiefs team record, and then conclude the 49ers made a mistake.

Seriously? People think that? SMH.

I may not like the way last year went down, but I don't see how anyone would take Smith over Kap as the franchise QB for the Niners. Kap has near unlimited potential and a great work ethic. He's a rare talent.

#dontsettle

For us diehards, who's been with this team for so freaking long, we know better. You're right that it's hilarious!!!

I concede that I'll give Smith the respect as a player. Just glad he's where he belongs (which is not with us).

I may not like the way last year went down, but I don't see how anyone would take Smith over Kap as the franchise QB for the Niners. Kap has near unlimited potential and a great work ethic. He's a rare talent.

Oh absolutely. And I'm pretty sure some posters in here feel that way, esp when 49ers dropped 2 earlier in the season. We all remember!

Oh absolutely. And I'm pretty sure some posters in here feel that way, esp when 49ers dropped 2 earlier in the season. We all remember!

FAP FOR KAP became F*CK KRAEP!!!!

^ Can't speak for Facebook.. I don't do that stuff. I hazard to say that no one likes and supports Alex as much as I do.. and I can honestly say that I am fine with how things turned out.

Would I have preferred to keep Alex and trade Kaep off? Yes.. probably so.. and I can easily see how that may not be the right decision.. but it could turn out to be. No one can truly say. What I can say is, I like and believe in Kaep well enough... I just like Alex more. But I don't mind adding, it has been definitely a double-your-fun season watching both SF and KC. So all in all, no hard feelings to bother with there. The problem with these threads is that there are about 5 posters that can't let go of the bitterness during the wars of old. They are either humiliated by Alex's successes.. or just angry at other posters from long ago disputes.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

So many excuses for Alex but no one wants to admit that it is just the way he plays.

This is total b******t. With MAYBE one or two exceptions, the people who supported Smith (and may still do) freely admit that he has limits. He's conservative to a fault, he is prone to hold the ball too long, he relies heavily on the check down. I see these things and know that others do too. That doesn't make him a "fraud," "total s**t," or "average ass," however.

Limits do not justify the tirades of crap provided to minimize every single thing that player has accomplished. ZERO credit is given by the vocal minority. They claim that any QB can do what Smith has done in recent years, but cannot point to a single other QB who HAS done it. That's disingenuous and shows an agenda.

This. Smith may not be adept at an all out air assault. But there's no better QB in the league in minimizing mistakes and intelligence in being on the same page as a head coach and executing a game plan. He's also proven to be able to win big games when his number is called, but thrives as being a cog in the team instead of it's headlining part. I think because he's not a prototypical air it out and take risks type of QB that wears bravado on his sleeve, he's always been unfairly judged. He's done nothing but win these last three years. What more can you ask one of the guys leading your team?

You guys are missing my point. This is not about trashing Alex Smith. It is about providing information that refutes a lot of false claims being made. The Chiefs have a QB that does not turn the ball over. There are major negatives in his style of play, but for team that handed games to the opponent last year, he is the perfect QB placeholder until they find one that can play a more dominating style of offense. He was inconsistent last season on a Superbowl bound team. He is not producing very well this season either. All I have done is brought up countless rebuttals and information to false statements or a major generalization comeback "he just wins" that is based on very little analyzation. These are the type of comments that cause further rebuttals and turns a thread sour.

Here is how the last few pages have been.

poster 1: Alex is a winner and he can throw deep but his receiver is lazy,....
poster 2: Here's quite a few stats that show otherwise.
poster 1 or 3: He's the suxors because he's 9-0.

poster 4: Alex makes his defense better.
poster 2: Here's all the analysis that shows otherwise
poster 1, 3, or 4: He's the suxors because he's 9-0
poster 4: TOP
poster 2: More analysis how the defense minimizes opponents number of snaps which in turn gets KC's number of snaps up even though they are near last in the league in yards per drive
poster 5: his OL sucks, his receivers are lazy (subjective)

So, who are the ones ruining the thread? The ones drinking the cool-aide making baseless statements or the ones researching and making very valid points.
You're engaging in a self-fulfilling prophesy, as evidenced by years of extreme statements ("doesn't ever," "can't," "won't"). You filter the stats to reach your conclusion. Your conclusion is: The team is 9-0 DESPITE Alex Smith.

But someone is wrong in the internets....so...hard....to...resist.

Release!

I'm officially done with the topic. You just had to take the high ground, dammit.
Share 49ersWebzone