There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,910
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Nah - remember: He's luckiest QB ever! Two different teams have carried him to that awesome recent W-L record no matter how hard he tries to screw it up.

lol whats gonna be your excuse when he loses his first playoff game?

Huh? I'm not making any excuses.

When you say "he," do you mean the QB or the team.... Because the team is 9-0, while Smith is 0-9, AMIRITE?

Yes, he and the team are 9-0. No denying that.

But his lack of offensive skills are gonna hold them back. Same as they did with us. That's why he is, always has, and always will be an average ass QB.
[ Edited by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:46 PM ]
  • boast
  • All City
  • Posts: 89,377
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
You do know the passing yards are supposed to be more than rushing yards, right?

Okay... so let's you and I take a look at SF's numbers then? The passing game's % of production is 55.3% (KC at 62.5%)

How's that for you?

how about numbers against the same opponents

where will the goalposts move next?
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,053
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Love how a team stat is correlated to one player but when you look into more detail, all he's doing is not turning it over. Other that, show me other things he is doing well when it comes to passing the ball.

We have been over this so much that all you need to do is read back the last dozen pages of this thread.

... and how about that Jets QB playing safe and not turning the ball over? What have you to say on that hilariously inaccurate statement of yours?

All I read in the last dozen pages is countless proof of how inept the KC passing offense is. Then there were comments sprinkled in about how good Alex is or the TOP is making the defense better with nothing to base it from.

As for the Jets QB, it just goes to show that a team that is committed to the run and has a strong defense can also have a winning team. Also, didn't Sanchez make it to the AFC Championship game twice? He's just a QB who knows how to win.

Get the theme? Winning is a TEAM game and if you take off the rose-colored glasses, you will realize that KC is winning due to their Defense that scores around 4 points per game and not their offense that only scores about 10 per game.

But that's okay. Alex is a top NFL QB because he wins...completely ignore the details.
This thread has always tended to be QB-centric, for obvious reasons, however in so far as it has now turned more the overall offense, it is clear the biggest issue that has held the offense back the past two weeks is the drops. No team can move the ball consistently with so many drops, and so many in key situations.

No QB, not Brady, not Rodgers, not Manning, is always going to put the ball in a perfect spot, and Smith has missed some that could have been better placed. So when he misses a couple, and then you add 3-5 drops/game, that offense will struggle. No way around it.

Further, with Knile Davis not turning out to be quite the power back they hoped for, yet, the offense has a lot of room to grow once he starts to run with authority.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
You do know the passing yards are supposed to be more than rushing yards, right?

Okay... so let's you and I take a look at SF's numbers then? The passing game's % of production is 55.3% (KC at 62.5%)

How's that for you?

Great point! As we all know, SF passing totals, in terms of yards is worst in the league. However, if you look at nearly every other category that focuses on passing efficiency and maximizing the results of each pass, SF is in the top 10 in just about every category.

BTW, they are also 11th or 13th in TD's per attempt and even better in TD's per completion. So, in the ocean, SF passing attack is a big fish.

Not so much for KC.
  • boast
  • All City
  • Posts: 89,377
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
You do know the passing yards are supposed to be more than rushing yards, right?

Okay... so let's you and I take a look at SF's numbers then? The passing game's % of production is 55.3% (KC at 62.5%)

How's that for you?

Great point! As we all know, SF passing totals, in terms of yards is worst in the league. However, if you look at nearly every other category that focuses on passing efficiency and maximizing the results of each pass, SF is in the top 10 in just about every category.

BTW, they are also 11th or 13th in TD's per attempt and even better in TD's per completion. So, in the ocean, SF passing attack is a big fish.

Not so much for KC.

Neptune told me the ocean only cares about wins and losses
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Love how a team stat is correlated to one player but when you look into more detail, all he's doing is not turning it over. Other that, show me other things he is doing well when it comes to passing the ball.

We have been over this so much that all you need to do is read back the last dozen pages of this thread.

... and how about that Jets QB playing safe and not turning the ball over? What have you to say on that hilariously inaccurate statement of yours?

All I read in the last dozen pages is countless proof of how inept the KC passing offense is. Then there were comments sprinkled in about how good Alex is or the TOP is making the defense better with nothing to base it from.

As for the Jets QB, it just goes to show that a team that is committed to the run and has a strong defense can also have a winning team. Also, didn't Sanchez make it to the AFC Championship game twice? He's just a QB who knows how to win.

Get the theme? Winning is a TEAM game and if you take off the rose-colored glasses, you will realize that KC is winning due to their Defense that scores around 4 points per game and not their offense that only scores about 10 per game.

But that's okay. Alex is a top NFL QB because he wins...completely ignore the details.
This thread has always tended to be QB-centric, for obvious reasons, however in so far as it has now turned more the overall offense, it is clear the biggest issue that has held the offense back the past two weeks is the drops. No team can move the ball consistently with so many drops, and so many in key situations.

No QB, not Brady, not Rodgers, not Manning, is always going to put the ball in a perfect spot, and Smith has missed some that could have been better placed. So when he misses a couple, and then you add 3-5 drops/game, that offense will struggle. No way around it.

Further, with Knile Davis not turning out to be quite the power back they hoped for, yet, the offense has a lot of room to grow once he starts to run with authority.

I don't know, when so few attempts are made in the 10+ yard range, a drop or an over throw weigh in a lot. That's the other end of the play it safe spectrum. Yes, it keeps the scores close be it your team is dominating or not, but also keeps the opponent in the game where plays other teams can overcome appear vital in this type of offense.

The other unnoticable stat are NFL open deeper receivers that are not thrown to over a safer shorter more open route. This is the biggest difference in SF offense with Kap and the SF offense without Kap. With Kap, we maximize the potential of a play. Without him, we settle for higher percentage play or take the sack. With Kap, we have become one of the most efficient passing teams that can score in one play.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
You do know the passing yards are supposed to be more than rushing yards, right?

Okay... so let's you and I take a look at SF's numbers then? The passing game's % of production is 55.3% (KC at 62.5%)

How's that for you?

Great point! As we all know, SF passing totals, in terms of yards is worst in the league. However, if you look at nearly every other category that focuses on passing efficiency and maximizing the results of each pass, SF is in the top 10 in just about every category.

BTW, they are also 11th or 13th in TD's per attempt and even better in TD's per completion. So, in the ocean, SF passing attack is a big fish.

Not so much for KC.

Neptune told me the ocean only cares about wins and losses

LOL. I thought it only cared about wins...until they become losses.
0 in playoffs
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Nah - remember: He's luckiest QB ever! Two different teams have carried him to that awesome recent W-L record no matter how hard he tries to screw it up.

lol whats gonna be your excuse when he loses his first playoff game?

Huh? I'm not making any excuses.

When you say "he," do you mean the QB or the team.... Because the team is 9-0, while Smith is 0-9, AMIRITE?

Yes, he and the team are 9-0. No denying that.

But his lack of offensive skills are gonna hold them back. Same as they did with us. That's why he is, always has, and always will be an average ass QB.


Average QB's do not lead teams to undefeated starts like Alex Smith has. You are greatly discounting his contribution to the Chiefs start.

I don't see how Alex held us back in playoff games when our punt returner played give up the rock in the only NFC Championship game he got a chance to play in. You do realize we would have won that game if Harbaugh didn't have Johnny McFumble returning kicks, right?

Are you forgetting the previous playoff game where the DEFENSE allowed a late score to the Saints? Are you forgetting that Alex did his best Joe Montana impression by showing his cool in leading us down the field where he proceeded to forever etch his name into 49er lore by completing "The Catch 3?"

Alex is clearly better than average. Is he Super Bowl winner material? I don't think that story has been told yet. He's got as good a chance of any this year, however. Time will tell.
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
0 in playoffs

The Chiefs?????

- 98
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
0 in playoffs

Playoffs what? Playoff wins? WRONG -- he beat the Saints.

Playoff losses? WRONG AGAIN -- he lost in the NFC Championship game against the Giants.

Playoff games for the Chiefs? Give the man a chance to actually PLAY in a Chiefs playoff game first, will ya?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yes it is a thing

2 Career wins when the defense can't keep the opponent under 24 points

Still not sure if magic or science....
it's probably bad luck

Considering he is the winningest qb in football it has been a while since that has happened.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yes it is a thing

2 Career wins when the defense can't keep the opponent under 24 points

Still not sure if magic or science....
it's probably bad luck

Considering he is the winningest qb in football it has been a while since that has happened.

wasnt one of those wins in the playoffs dueling against brees? smith can get the job done when he has weapongs. he didnt really have a lot of help in sf until we drafted crabtree and had morgan. other than that hes dealt with garbage at WR his entire career.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,910
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I don't see how Alex held us back in playoff games when our punt returner played give up the rock in the only NFC Championship game he got a chance to play in. You do realize we would have won that game if Harbaugh didn't have Johnny McFumble returning kicks, right?

I'll admit that KW is the main reason we lost that game. I've mentioned that every single time. But why don't you guys bring up his 3rd down conversion rate that game. 1-12. Or how about how he had 1 completion to a WR the ENTIRE game. How dafaq do you go an entire game and only complete 1 pass to WR's?

He didn't lose the game but he sure as hell didn't do much to help us win it. That's the way he's always been and that's why IMO, he's an average ass QB.
Not sure if been posted, but a good read breaking down the Alex Smith.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-limitations