Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
bring in a guy who will play safe and not turn the ball over. Jets are doing it with a rookie as most run-heavy strong defense teams do. Sanchez started making brain fart plays and turning it over. Too easy to replace those kinds of mistakes.

Jets are doing what???? That Jets rookie you speak of is on pace for an astronomical amount of turnovers. He already has 13 INTs and 3 fumbles lost.

I think you strongly underestimate the mature and cool mindset of "live to fight another possession" when it comes to QBs. Almost all of them are chucking up risky, costly turnovers by trying too hard to make a play when they could just bide their time later and be smart with the football.

... and suggesting that the winningest QB in football the last 3 years is easy to replace? Oh, that's just those bitter, scorned feelings emanating from you as usual.

Love how a team stat is correlated to one player but when you look into more detail, all he's doing is not turning it over. Other that, show me other things he is doing well when it comes to passing the ball.

Alex Smith is the quarterback of the only undefeated team in the NFL. Some people will never be happy.

Well Bill, if you would read and open your eyes, you would learn that the Chefs are 9-0 FRAUDS and are winning (like the Niners before them) DESPITE the scourge and s**t-pile of humanity that is their QB.

Sheesh.... do I have to spell it out for you?????

bring in a guy who will play safe and not turn the ball over. Jets are doing it with a rookie as most run-heavy strong defense teams do. Sanchez started making brain fart plays and turning it over. Too easy to replace those kinds of mistakes.

Jets are doing what???? That Jets rookie you speak of is on pace for an astronomical amount of turnovers. He already has 13 INTs and 3 fumbles lost.

I think you strongly underestimate the mature and cool mindset of "live to fight another possession" when it comes to QBs. Almost all of them are chucking up risky, costly turnovers by trying too hard to make a play when they could just bide their time later and be smart with the football.

... and suggesting that the winningest QB in football the last 3 years is easy to replace? Oh, that's just those bitter, scorned feelings emanating from you as usual.

Love how a team stat is correlated to one player but when you look into more detail, all he's doing is not turning it over. Other that, show me other things he is doing well when it comes to passing the ball.

making clutch plays when needed joe---193 yds in 3rd qrtr vs eagles to mount 23 point comeback....td on 4th down to walker to beat lions (maybe that play should have been called in 4th down vs ravens).......40 yd + pass to crabtree in 4th qrtr to set up winning f/g vs seahawks in seattle...2 tds in last 2 minutes to beat saints....pass out of end zone vs eagles this year to keep going 8 minute drive in 4th quarter...you never give credit for these---
Originally posted by hofer36:

making clutch plays when needed joe---193 yds in 3rd qrtr vs eagles to mount 23 point comeback....td on 4th down to walker to beat lions (maybe that play should have been called in 4th down vs ravens).......40 yd + pass to crabtree in 4th qrtr to set up winning f/g vs seahawks in seattle...2 tds in last 2 minutes to beat saints....pass out of end zone vs eagles this year to keep going 8 minute drive in 4th quarter...you never give credit for these---

those plays listed above help lead to (now) 29-5-1

We have been over this so much that all you need to do is read back the last dozen pages of this thread.

... and how about that Jets QB playing safe and not turning the ball over? What have you to say on that hilariously inaccurate statement of yours?

All I read in the last dozen pages is countless proof of how inept the KC passing offense is. Then there were comments sprinkled in about how good Alex is or the TOP is making the defense better with nothing to base it from.

As for the Jets QB, it just goes to show that a team that is committed to the run and has a strong defense can also have a winning team. Also, didn't Sanchez make it to the AFC Championship game twice? He's just a QB who knows how to win.

Get the theme? Winning is a TEAM game and if you take off the rose-colored glasses, you will realize that KC is winning due to their Defense that scores around 4 points per game and not their offense that only scores about 10 per game.

But that's okay. Alex is a top NFL QB because he wins...completely ignore the details.

Credit is given. Again, look closer and you will see so few clutch plays in soooo many years. The clutch ratio is low in this one.

Whats his records when the Defense can't hold a lead ?

Get the theme? Winning is a TEAM game and if you take off the rose-colored glasses, you will realize that KC is winning due to their Defense that scores around 4 points per game and not their offense that only scores about 10 per game.

But that's okay. Alex is a top NFL QB because he wins...completely ignore the details.

So then, no comment about you stating the Jets rookie QB is safe with the ball... gotcha. Yeah, that would have been impossible for you to deal with your fail there.

As for the rest here? How ironic that you mention that football is a TEAM game... but then go on to say that the Defense is why KC is winning. No credit to anything else. That's just.... special. This KC success must be just eating you up inside. I wish you luck in your healing process.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

29-5-1 the last three years. I'm assuming here (hehehehe) that his record when the defense couldn't hold the lead is 0-5-1.

Is that a thing?

If so, every QB's record when the D can't hold a lead is 0 and whatever.

So then, no comment about you stating the Jets rookie QB is safe with the ball... gotcha. Yeah, that would have been impossible for you to deal with your fail there.

As for the rest here? How ironic that you mention that football is a TEAM game... but then go on to say that the Defense is why KC is winning. No credit to anything else. That's just.... special. This KC success must be just eating you up inside. I wish you luck in your healing process.

This coming from someone who has yet to admit the weakest part of the Chiefs is it's passing offense. Let me guess, the offense is doing it on purpose so the defense gets the credit.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Is that a thing?

yes it is a thing

2 Career wins when the defense can't keep the opponent under 24 points

Is that a thing?

I was thinking the same thing...

^ We are right. "can't hold a lead" means "let's the other team score and win."
yes it is a thing

Still not sure if magic or science....

Is that a thing?

yes it is a thing

Then say that instead of "Whats his record when the Defense can't hold a lead?" Two different things.