There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:

As for sacks, I wouldn't entirely fault the OL.

Alex in 8 games as a starter last year: 24 sacks.
Kap in 8 games as a starter last year: 14 sacks

Difference in 10 sacks is huge.

There have been a few that Alex took just for field positional/game situational purposes... but pretty much when he's been sacked this season, it's been pure OL fail. He has also impressively evaded some near-sacks and took off running. He had one incredible pass play in that last game.. was heavily pressured, escaped like twice, set his feet as he neared the sideline and zipped a great one into Bowe's hands at the sideline.. who actually caught it with feet in to convert! it was one of those special plays.

Of course, I don't expect YOU to believe this... but for those more interested in the truth of it.
^ and if anyone knows how to gif up that play I mentioned, that would be so ...
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
^ and if anyone knows how to gif up that play I mentioned, that would be so ...

You might have better luck finding that on a Chiefs board.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
^ and if anyone knows how to gif up that play I mentioned, that would be so ...

You might have better luck finding that on a Chiefs board.

haven't been over there for a while... good idea
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:

As for sacks, I wouldn't entirely fault the OL.

Alex in 8 games as a starter last year: 24 sacks.
Kap in 8 games as a starter last year: 14 sacks

Difference in 10 sacks is huge.

There have been a few that Alex took just for field positional/game situational purposes... but pretty much when he's been sacked this season, it's been pure OL fail. He has also impressively evaded some near-sacks and took off running. He had one incredible pass play in that last game.. was heavily pressured, escaped like twice, set his feet as he neared the sideline and zipped a great one into Bowe's hands at the sideline.. who actually caught it with feet in to convert! it was one of those special plays.

Of course, I don't expect YOU to believe this... but for those more interested in the truth of it.

He has escaped quite a few sacks this year and is finally using his feet more than usual, which is good to see. Nevertheless, Reid will eventually be looking for a better passer.
Originally posted by Joecool:
He has escaped quite a few sacks this year and is finally using his feet more than usual, which is good to see. Nevertheless, Reid will eventually be looking for a better passer.

Eh... maybe, maybe not. Really depends on the offense around Alex... mainly the OL. If they can step up their game to just being average? Alex and Co. will likely begin to get the O going in a higher gear.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Originally posted by Joecool:
This could be true as Norv's offense with us in 2006 pulled out Gore's best rushing year in his career but he didn't use complicated formations more than he did misdirection and the timing of those runs. It also could have to do with the fact that Gore is just a better consistent runner whereas Charles is more of a big gainer with a lot of little gains.

As for sacks, I wouldn't entirely fault the OL.

Alex in 8 games as a starter last year: 24 sacks.
Kap in 8 games as a starter last year: 14 sacks

Difference in 10 sacks is huge.

Kaep was sacked 16 times last year. But in any case, they are talking about 2011 pass protection, a team that had 2nd year starters at RT and LG as well as useless players at RG and backup G. When they weren't getting sacked, there were a lot of throwaways and hurried throws. In 2012, they improved at 3 of 5 line spots and didn't lose anything at the other spots.

I'm talking about as a starter. The Rams game, they pretty much started a half each. I'm just saying, Alex is prone to taking more sacks because he is willing to take more sacks. A good example is two QB's who had the same OL. The case was that KC's OL is absolutely terrible but I don't think they are as bad as the sack totals tell. Usually, an OL isn't top in the NFL at run blocking but royal suckage at pass blocking. I think the KC OL is average at pass blocking but the QB's style makes them appear to be raw suckage.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He has escaped quite a few sacks this year and is finally using his feet more than usual, which is good to see. Nevertheless, Reid will eventually be looking for a better passer.

Eh... maybe, maybe not. Really depends on the offense around Alex... mainly the OL. If they can step up their game to just being average? Alex and Co. will likely begin to get the O going in a higher gear.

Still won't throw deep often unless it's wide open. If it is not wide open: over throw...definitely overthrow...stay on the safe side.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
That's not what I'm saying. I think they are overrated and will be exposed when they play a quality opponent. I think they are on the next tier of teams following the elite teams. I believe them to be in the same group as the Bengals, Lions, Panthers and Bears. That's quite an accomplishment following a 2 win season. No one is saying they suck balls (at least most people aren't that are calling them overrated). C'mon man. That being said, any of the aforementioned teams could get hot at the right time and win it all. Maybe the Chiefs do belong in the grouping of elite teams, I just don't see it. But we'll find out soon enough. I'll happily admit to being wrong.

Buh-huh! They are "frauds," to some. 9-0 FRAUDS!

I'm just playing. As usual, the extremists overshadow the reasonable folk... and the extremists are the same (not banned) characters that haunted years of Smiff threads.

I agree that they are not "elite" (whatever that means), but don't think they'll be exposed. They may lose to an elite team, like the Broncos, but I'm not so sure that they couldn't take out Seattle or N.O. or N.E. At home, that is.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Nov 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]
Chiefs offensive line pass protect was very good the first half of the Cleveland game. Terrible the second half. Inconsistent. Kinda like us back when.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
That's not what I'm saying. I think they are overrated and will be exposed when they play a quality opponent. I think they are on the next tier of teams following the elite teams. I believe them to be in the same group as the Bengals, Lions, Panthers and Bears. That's quite an accomplishment following a 2 win season. No one is saying they suck balls (at least most people aren't that are calling them overrated). C'mon man. That being said, any of the aforementioned teams could get hot at the right time and win it all. Maybe the Chiefs do belong in the grouping of elite teams, I just don't see it. But we'll find out soon enough. I'll happily admit to being wrong.

Buh-huh! They are "frauds," to some.

I'm just playing. As usual, the extremists overshadow the reasonable folk. I agree that they are not "elite" (whatever that means), but don't think they'll be exposed. They may lose to an elite team, like the Broncos, but I'm not so sure that they couldn't take out Seattle or N.O. or N.E. At home, that is.

Even though they have one of the worst offenses in the league.

The best ST's move I made prior to this season is putting Succop on my fantasy squad. Too easy to predict. Succop is 6th in scoring out of kickers. LOL, dude gets 8.6 points per game.

The KC offense has only scored 23 TD's which is 15 points per game (6 pointers).
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Chiefs offensive line pass protect was very good the first half of the Cleveland game. Terrible the second half. Inconsistent. Kinda like us back when.

and how did Smith do when the OL protected him well in half # 1?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
That's not what I'm saying. I think they are overrated and will be exposed when they play a quality opponent. I think they are on the next tier of teams following the elite teams. I believe them to be in the same group as the Bengals, Lions, Panthers and Bears. That's quite an accomplishment following a 2 win season. No one is saying they suck balls (at least most people aren't that are calling them overrated). C'mon man. That being said, any of the aforementioned teams could get hot at the right time and win it all. Maybe the Chiefs do belong in the grouping of elite teams, I just don't see it. But we'll find out soon enough. I'll happily admit to being wrong.

Buh-huh! They are "frauds," to some.

I'm just playing. As usual, the extremists overshadow the reasonable folk. I agree that they are not "elite" (whatever that means), but don't think they'll be exposed. They may lose to an elite team, like the Broncos, but I'm not so sure that they couldn't take out Seattle or N.O. or N.E. At home, that is.

Even though they have one of the worst offenses in the league.

The best ST's move I made prior to this season is putting Succop on my fantasy squad. Too easy to predict. Succop is 6th in scoring out of kickers. LOL, dude gets 8.6 points per game.

The KC offense has only scored 23 TD's which is 15 points per game (6 pointers).

See? Ball-sucking FRAUDS! Not enough style points! Remove some wins! Release the Kraken! Death from above!

etc.
etc.
etc.

BTW, that 23 TDs is middle of the pack.
So far 9 teams couldn't figure out how to beat the Chiefs - the one with Alex Smith offense. You would think the whole league got Smith figured out just like the Zone by now.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Chiefs offensive line pass protect was very good the first half of the Cleveland game. Terrible the second half. Inconsistent. Kinda like us back when.

and how did Smith do when the OL protected him well in half # 1?

Mofo was all over the field. Running, scampering for chunks of yards, throwing to everyone. Even a TD to FB Sherman on a screen. McClusterdrops even had a long TD catch