How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

You are not lying is my guess.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
"I think trust is huge," Colquitt said. "I think it has to do with family. The offense is picking the defense up, the defense is picking the offense up and the special teams unit is contributing. It seems like one way or another, we are finding ways to win games. We're all in this together and it sure is fun to be a part of it right now."

LINK

They sound a lot like us in 2011. Offense, defense, special team, all in one game or another end up contributing to a win.

Elite run defense, dominant O-line? They'll be exposed.

Yeah, their run defense is very shaky the last 2 weeks. Not sure you can call our O-line dominant in 2011. Remember we still had Rahcal, and Snyder at guard. If we were better on the O-line we weren't much better the first half of the year going into the second half.

Our pass blocking was shaky, but our run blocking was dominant. However, it wasn't as good as it is today. That being said it was head and shoulders above KCs.

Not so sure about that. Charles had 1500 yds last year and already at 725yds this year. He hadn't had the run numbers the last 2 games. But with those numbers for an offensive line, that's a good indication of how very good they are at run blocking.

Last year, Charles was averaging 4.8 yards per carry. This year, he's averaging 4.2.

last year Charles was 2-14...this year he is 9-0
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I guess our oline wasn't as good in 2011 as I remembered although we had the 8th best rushing attack. I still think we had way more talent on the line, but it's probably more similar than different. That being said, we never let anyone gash us on the ground like the Chiefs had which is not a good sign for the Chiefs moving forward.

I remember the OL run game for SF then to be better than what KC has going right now... mainly due to very creative run concepts and formations applied. Jamaal Charles gets his when it counts and here and there... but he is stuffed frequently.. as shown by being ranked 23rd in all RB success rates... and the open formations called don't help.

The pass pro was pretty bad for both teams... and both pass pro OLs are appropriately ranked in the 20's. Slight difference is, SF's problem was poor play from the RG, C, and RT.... and KC's is mainly LG and RT... and a couple horrendous games from their C.

chiefs have very few run plays...usually, from what ive seen , it is Charles on an extended or stretch handoff right, and on a extended or stretch handoff left

As for sacks, I wouldn't entirely fault the OL.

Alex in 8 games as a starter last year: 24 sacks.
Kap in 8 games as a starter last year: 14 sacks

Difference in 10 sacks is huge.

There have been a few that Alex took just for field positional/game situational purposes... but pretty much when he's been sacked this season, it's been pure OL fail. He has also impressively evaded some near-sacks and took off running. He had one incredible pass play in that last game.. was heavily pressured, escaped like twice, set his feet as he neared the sideline and zipped a great one into Bowe's hands at the sideline.. who actually caught it with feet in to convert! it was one of those special plays.

Of course, I don't expect YOU to believe this... but for those more interested in the truth of it.

I remember that play--I think he even changed his arm angle before throwing
So far 9 teams couldn't figure out how to beat the Chiefs - the one with Alex Smith offense. You would think the whole league got Smith figured out just like the Zone by now.

Denver is interviewing joe cool to be their defensive coordinator
Alex Smith and cockroaches are the only things that can survive a nuclear explosion. I thought you guys knew that by now?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
That's not what I'm saying. I think they are overrated and will be exposed when they play a quality opponent. I think they are on the next tier of teams following the elite teams. I believe them to be in the same group as the Bengals, Lions, Panthers and Bears. That's quite an accomplishment following a 2 win season. No one is saying they suck balls (at least most people aren't that are calling them overrated). C'mon man. That being said, any of the aforementioned teams could get hot at the right time and win it all. Maybe the Chiefs do belong in the grouping of elite teams, I just don't see it. But we'll find out soon enough. I'll happily admit to being wrong.

Buh-huh! They are "frauds," to some.

I'm just playing. As usual, the extremists overshadow the reasonable folk. I agree that they are not "elite" (whatever that means), but don't think they'll be exposed. They may lose to an elite team, like the Broncos, but I'm not so sure that they couldn't take out Seattle or N.O. or N.E. At home, that is.

Even though they have one of the worst offenses in the league.

The best ST's move I made prior to this season is putting Succop on my fantasy squad. Too easy to predict. Succop is 6th in scoring out of kickers. LOL, dude gets 8.6 points per game.

The KC offense has only scored 23 TD's which is 15 points per game (6 pointers).

See? Ball-sucking FRAUDS! Not enough style points! Remove some wins! Release the Kraken! Death from above!

etc.
etc.
etc.

BTW, that 23 TDs is middle of the pack.

I'm not even sure if that's offense only produced points. Just checked, KC is ranked 29th in offensive TD's per game.

1.8 = 10.8 points per game from their offense scoring 6-pointers. http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game

Their defense is scoring 4.2 points per game.

So yes, no one is exaggerating when they say the KC offense is terrible. KC defense allows a league low 12 per game and they score 4.2 per game which means that nets to allowing 8 per game. KC offense is only scoring 10.8 points per game (special teams not included).

stats? I thought you were the eye test guy
Originally posted by hofer36:
chiefs have very few run plays...usually, from what ive seen , it is Charles on an extended or stretch handoff right, and on a extended or stretch handoff left

I just don't see the effective pull blocks that we had going on. Every game seems to be the same... JC early on gets stuffed more than half the attempts... then as the game progresses, he gets some good ones going... usually on delays, but we are talking 7-10 yds here and there. Charles has the most rush attempts in the league at 4.3 avr... and more notably, he is averaging 80 yds per game with NO real RB substitution to relieve him. We are talking like an average of 2 rushes per game for any other backs.

Call me crazy (or just hopeful)... but I think maybe Andy really IS holding back. I think they are still experimenting with things while making note of what really works.. so they can pull those plays back out later when they need them. If not, then Andy and Co. are just being stubborn with what they want vs what really works.. and arrogant to think it will always still produce wins. @ Denver, we should be seeing some of those hidden plays.

There have been a few that Alex took just for field positional/game situational purposes... but pretty much when he's been sacked this season, it's been pure OL fail. He has also impressively evaded some near-sacks and took off running. He had one incredible pass play in that last game.. was heavily pressured, escaped like twice, set his feet as he neared the sideline and zipped a great one into Bowe's hands at the sideline.. who actually caught it with feet in to convert! it was one of those special plays.

Of course, I don't expect YOU to believe this... but for those more interested in the truth of it.

That was a great play and showed the type of toughness I have grown to expect from Smith--escaped and then had presence of mind to complete and move the chains. Those who don't like Smith say he doesn't do it often enough, but it seems he does it when necessary...which is a bit dangerous if they have some mistakes and get far behind, but again...he plays differently with a lead than when behind.

Their line appears to me to be less physical than our line in 2011 but perhaps a better pass protecting line down the road. Albert is the old vet at six years, Asomoah and Swartz have four years...the rest are two or under. That's a pretty young line. Two first round picks (though Fisher is a rookie), one second, one third and many lower...not a stacked line compared to the niners...three firsts, a vet former all-pro at center and Boone who many thought would be a first or second before his troubles in college. That said, I don't see the Chief's line trying to use power over technique as much as the niners.

I sincerely hope both lines grow and protect the QB...soon!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

That was a great play and showed the type of toughness I have grown to expect from Smith--escaped and then had presence of mind to complete and move the chains. Those who don't like Smith say he doesn't do it often enough, but it seems he does it when necessary...which is a bit dangerous if they have some mistakes and get far behind, but again...he plays differently with a lead than when behind.

Their line appears to me to be less physical than our line in 2011 but perhaps a better pass protecting line down the road. Albert is the old vet at six years, Asomoah and Swartz have four years...the rest are two or under. That's a pretty young line. Two first round picks (though Fisher is a rookie), one second, one third and many lower...not a stacked line compared to the niners...three firsts, a vet former all-pro at center and Boone who many thought would be a first or second before his troubles in college. That said, I don't see the Chief's line trying to use power over technique as much as the niners.

That was a tremendous play by Alex. I do agree though, doing it when necessary is a bit dangerous. The goal for every game should be to have the backups play in the 4th quarter. Eventually, doing it when necessary won't work.

I actually love the way Alex is playing this year with the way he is using his mobility. I just think the KC offense as a whole is vastly over rated and under performing but I also believe that has a lot to do with the mentality of their QB. Don't get me wrong, 100 times better than Cassell in the turnover department. But this is where a head coach and GM start thinking, how difficult is it to bring in a guy who will play safe and not turn the ball over. Jets are doing it with a rookie as most run-heavy strong defense teams do. Sanchez started making brain fart plays and turning it over. Too easy to replace those kinds of mistakes.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM ]

That was a tremendous play by Alex. I do agree though, doing it when necessary is a bit dangerous. The goal for every game should be to have the backups play in the 4th quarter. Eventually, doing it when necessary won't work.

I actually love the way Alex is playing this year with the way he is using his mobility. I just think the KC offense as a whole is vastly over rated and under performing but I also believe that has a lot to do with the mentality of their QB. Don't get me wrong, 100 times better than Cassell in the turnover department. But this is where a head coach and GM start thinking, how difficult is it to bring in a guy who will play safe and not turn the ball over. Jets are doing it with a rookie as most run-heavy strong defense teams do. Sanchez started making brain fart plays and turning it over. Too easy to replace those kinds of mistakes.

It's actually pretty difficult. If it were easy, everyone would do it, or we'd at least see more of it. The record Smith has speaks for itself. 27-5-1 over two and a half seasons is a remarkable record. Truth be told, if I am a GM or head coach, I love this model because if you have the right players, you can continue winning and contending for championships for years to come. Think about how we are currently asking whether we will keep Iupati or Crabtree? If Smith is your QB, you can afford both because you won't have to allocate as much for a quarterback. Now do I prefer a franchise type of QB in the mold of a Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely. But that winning percentage again is really good. If it were so easy to find a guy to play it safe and not turn the ball over, Kansas City should've been winning last year. Minnesota should look better than they do now.
bring in a guy who will play safe and not turn the ball over. Jets are doing it with a rookie as most run-heavy strong defense teams do. Sanchez started making brain fart plays and turning it over. Too easy to replace those kinds of mistakes.

Jets are doing what???? That Jets rookie you speak of is on pace for an astronomical amount of turnovers. He already has 13 INTs and 3 fumbles lost.

I think you strongly underestimate the mature and cool mindset of "live to fight another possession" when it comes to QBs. Almost all of them are chucking up risky, costly turnovers by trying too hard to make a play when they could just bide their time later and be smart with the football.

... and suggesting that the winningest QB in football the last 3 years is easy to replace? Oh, that's just those bitter, scorned feelings emanating from you as usual.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

It's actually pretty difficult. If it were easy, everyone would do it, or we'd at least see more of it. The record Smith has speaks for itself. 27-5-1 over two and a half seasons is a remarkable record. Truth be told, if I am a GM or head coach, I love this model because if you have the right players, you can continue winning and contending for championships for years to come. Think about how we are currently asking whether we will keep Iupati or Crabtree? If Smith is your QB, you can afford both because you won't have to allocate as much for a quarterback. Now do I prefer a franchise type of QB in the mold of a Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely. But that winning percentage again is really good. If it were so easy to find a guy to play it safe and not turn the ball over, Kansas City should've been winning last year. Minnesota should look better than they do now.

Everyone cannot do it because every team doesn't have a dominant defense and solid run-game or do not want to commit to a run-game. KC was not going to replace Cassell last year as some teams are stuck with a big contract and cannot afford to keep that contract while playing another player.

Coaches with teams that have a strong defense and rushing attack will not hesitate to replace the starting QB if that QB is not maximizing the potential of the passing game.
bring in a guy who will play safe and not turn the ball over. Jets are doing it with a rookie as most run-heavy strong defense teams do. Sanchez started making brain fart plays and turning it over. Too easy to replace those kinds of mistakes.

Jets are doing what???? That Jets rookie you speak of is on pace for an astronomical amount of turnovers. He already has 13 INTs and 3 fumbles lost.

I think you strongly underestimate the mature and cool mindset of "live to fight another possession" when it comes to QBs. Almost all of them are chucking up risky, costly turnovers by trying too hard to make a play when they could just bide their time later and be smart with the football.

... and suggesting that the winningest QB in football the last 3 years is easy to replace? Oh, that's just those bitter, scorned feelings emanating from you as usual.

Love how a team stat is correlated to one player but when you look into more detail, all he's doing is not turning it over. Other that, show me other things he is doing well when it comes to passing the ball.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Why are some people in this thread so concerned about stats?? over in the Kaepernick thread and the thread about having the 32nd ranked offense, the motto is "who cares about stats? wins are the most important stat!"

YANL.

Young Amish Never Lactate?

Are you sure... Cuz I'm from Ohio.

Hmmmmm. I'll side with your knowledge on this one. How about...

Yermahm Always Noms Loads

Seems legit.
Share 49ersWebzone