There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

That would be nice. Wouldn't be an Alex fan that day for sure.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

That would be nice. Wouldn't be an Alex fan that day for sure.

Lol, it's crazy to think that it's actually a possible Superbowl scenario. And yea the storyline of the match up would make for a blockbuster Ryan Gosling movie.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Lol, it's crazy to think that it's actually a possible Superbowl scenario. And yea the storyline of the match up would make for a blockbuster Steve Blake movie.

fixed
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Lol, it's crazy to think that it's actually a possible Superbowl scenario. And yea the storyline of the match up would make for a blockbuster Steve Blake movie.

fixed

lol, good one, too bad he's not an actor.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

That would be nice. Wouldn't be an Alex fan that day for sure.

I'd be an Alex fan that day...but I'd be rooting for the 9ers to outscore the Chiefs.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

the game itself would be awesome as both of these QBs are gamers. im just worried at all the good karma alex has coming to him based on the 7 or so years of hell he suffered here lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the game itself would be awesome as both of these QBs are gamers. im just worried at all the good karma alex has coming to him based on the 7 or so years of hell he suffered here lol

aaah.... he got well paid for all the BS... but still... he'd likely have traded it all for a good and consistent team built for success. Now, he gets the money and the success.

If somehow Jeebus forbid, the 49ers and Chiefs meet in the SB, I'd hope Alex has a good game, but I'd want the Niners to get ring # 6.

I think... ( )
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

That would be nice. Wouldn't be an Alex fan that day for sure.

I'd be an Alex fan that day...but I'd be rooting for the 9ers to outscore the Chiefs.

Ok well what if Chiefs are down by 4 points and Alex has one final drive with 1 min left?


Per Chiefs 'luck' -- Kaep gets injured half way through the game. Colt McCoy the rest of the game. f**k Alex Smith and his karma. We still win by 10pts with Frank running the ball on the Chiefs.
Can't wait til the Broncos expose them for the frauds that they are.
Originally posted by susweel:
Can't wait til the Broncos expose them for the frauds that they are.

Sus, you already know this story: KC defense keeps DEN from scoring a lot of points while waiting for the KC offense to score more than FGs. This will keep the game within one or two scores until DEN exhausts the KC defense and hits them for 14 on two straight drives in the fourth.

KC finally puts a drive together but a WR drops a ball.

Game summary: KC defense let them down because they couldn't hold it. Combine that with drops and there you go. Alex didn't make any mistakes and who cares if he didn't make big plays either.

Option number two: blowout and the OL DEF and WRs looked terrible and didn't come to play.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM ]
What if the Chiefs beat Denver both times? lol
Originally posted by Joecool:
A big one is a QB who doesn't throw deep very often. This is why the entire other portion of the offense must play flawless. When TD's mainly come from 8-10 play drives taking small chunks at a time, mistakes cannot be made. The smallest mistake appears huge in an Alex Smith lead offense. Why? Because rarely can it over come mistakes due to its inability to make the big play.

A lot of it has to do with the QB's inability to attempt bigger quick-hitting plays.

Look at SEA. Their OL is worse AND they have a more mobile QB. Their receivers are worse. What keeps them from losing games? The QB's ability to make big plays.

There is a flip side to this though - 8-10 play drives eat clock, keep the defense off the field and fresh, tires out the opposing defense for later in the game, makes the running game more effective late in the game, etc. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch teams throw deep sideline fades on 3rd and 2, then punt, when their D is tired and the game is slipping away. Take a look at SEA/TB from yesterday - they got away from the running game on 3rd and short a number of times late in the game, and that's why they lost.

Ball-control offenses are not better or worse than quick-strike offenses - they are just different, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. A team with limited WR playmakers is much better served playing Ball Control - see the run-first niners vs the pass-first niners for a great example this season.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
What if the Chiefs beat Denver both times? lol

Then they both are pretenders as neither has beaten anyone. Lol!
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Originally posted by Joecool:
A big one is a QB who doesn't throw deep very often. This is why the entire other portion of the offense must play flawless. When TD's mainly come from 8-10 play drives taking small chunks at a time, mistakes cannot be made. The smallest mistake appears huge in an Alex Smith lead offense. Why? Because rarely can it over come mistakes due to its inability to make the big play.

A lot of it has to do with the QB's inability to attempt bigger quick-hitting plays.

Look at SEA. Their OL is worse AND they have a more mobile QB. Their receivers are worse. What keeps them from losing games? The QB's ability to make big plays.

There is a flip side to this though - 8-10 play drives eat clock, keep the defense off the field and fresh, tires out the opposing defense for later in the game, makes the running game more effective late in the game, etc. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch teams throw deep sideline fades on 3rd and 2, then punt, when their D is tired and the game is slipping away. Take a look at SEA/TB from yesterday - they got away from the running game on 3rd and short a number of times late in the game, and that's why they lost.

Ball-control offenses are not better or worse than quick-strike offenses - they are just different, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. A team with limited WR playmakers is much better served playing Ball Control - see the run-first niners vs the pass-first niners for a great example this season.

How many drives more than 7 plays has KC had? Would also like to know how they compare in 3 and outs to the league. It usually seems like their offense doesn't do much except for maybe one or two drives.