There are 192 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

the game itself would be awesome as both of these QBs are gamers. im just worried at all the good karma alex has coming to him based on the 7 or so years of hell he suffered here lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the game itself would be awesome as both of these QBs are gamers. im just worried at all the good karma alex has coming to him based on the 7 or so years of hell he suffered here lol

aaah.... he got well paid for all the BS... but still... he'd likely have traded it all for a good and consistent team built for success. Now, he gets the money and the success.

If somehow Jeebus forbid, the 49ers and Chiefs meet in the SB, I'd hope Alex has a good game, but I'd want the Niners to get ring # 6.

I think... ( )
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

That would be nice. Wouldn't be an Alex fan that day for sure.

I'd be an Alex fan that day...but I'd be rooting for the 9ers to outscore the Chiefs.

Ok well what if Chiefs are down by 4 points and Alex has one final drive with 1 min left?

Per Chiefs 'luck' -- Kaep gets injured half way through the game. Colt McCoy the rest of the game. f**k Alex Smith and his karma. We still win by 10pts with Frank running the ball on the Chiefs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Can't wait til the Broncos expose them for the frauds that they are.
Originally posted by susweel:

Sus, you already know this story: KC defense keeps DEN from scoring a lot of points while waiting for the KC offense to score more than FGs. This will keep the game within one or two scores until DEN exhausts the KC defense and hits them for 14 on two straight drives in the fourth.

KC finally puts a drive together but a WR drops a ball.

Game summary: KC defense let them down because they couldn't hold it. Combine that with drops and there you go. Alex didn't make any mistakes and who cares if he didn't make big plays either.

Option number two: blowout and the OL DEF and WRs looked terrible and didn't come to play.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM ]
What if the Chiefs beat Denver both times? lol
Originally posted by Joecool:
A big one is a QB who doesn't throw deep very often. This is why the entire other portion of the offense must play flawless. When TD's mainly come from 8-10 play drives taking small chunks at a time, mistakes cannot be made. The smallest mistake appears huge in an Alex Smith lead offense. Why? Because rarely can it over come mistakes due to its inability to make the big play.

A lot of it has to do with the QB's inability to attempt bigger quick-hitting plays.

Look at SEA. Their OL is worse AND they have a more mobile QB. Their receivers are worse. What keeps them from losing games? The QB's ability to make big plays.

There is a flip side to this though - 8-10 play drives eat clock, keep the defense off the field and fresh, tires out the opposing defense for later in the game, makes the running game more effective late in the game, etc. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch teams throw deep sideline fades on 3rd and 2, then punt, when their D is tired and the game is slipping away. Take a look at SEA/TB from yesterday - they got away from the running game on 3rd and short a number of times late in the game, and that's why they lost.

Ball-control offenses are not better or worse than quick-strike offenses - they are just different, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. A team with limited WR playmakers is much better served playing Ball Control - see the run-first niners vs the pass-first niners for a great example this season.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
What if the Chiefs beat Denver both times? lol

Then they both are pretenders as neither has beaten anyone. Lol!
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
A big one is a QB who doesn't throw deep very often. This is why the entire other portion of the offense must play flawless. When TD's mainly come from 8-10 play drives taking small chunks at a time, mistakes cannot be made. The smallest mistake appears huge in an Alex Smith lead offense. Why? Because rarely can it over come mistakes due to its inability to make the big play.

A lot of it has to do with the QB's inability to attempt bigger quick-hitting plays.

Look at SEA. Their OL is worse AND they have a more mobile QB. Their receivers are worse. What keeps them from losing games? The QB's ability to make big plays.

There is a flip side to this though - 8-10 play drives eat clock, keep the defense off the field and fresh, tires out the opposing defense for later in the game, makes the running game more effective late in the game, etc. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch teams throw deep sideline fades on 3rd and 2, then punt, when their D is tired and the game is slipping away. Take a look at SEA/TB from yesterday - they got away from the running game on 3rd and short a number of times late in the game, and that's why they lost.

Ball-control offenses are not better or worse than quick-strike offenses - they are just different, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. A team with limited WR playmakers is much better served playing Ball Control - see the run-first niners vs the pass-first niners for a great example this season.

How many drives more than 7 plays has KC had? Would also like to know how they compare in 3 and outs to the league. It usually seems like their offense doesn't do much except for maybe one or two drives.

• Jiks
Originally posted by susweel:

Sus, you already know this story: KC defense keeps DEN from scoring a lot of points while waiting for the KC offense to score more than FGs. This will keep the game within one or two scores until DEN exhausts the KC defense and hits them for 14 on two straight drives in the fourth.

KC finally puts a drive together but a WR drops a ball.

Game summary: KC defense let them down because they couldn't hold it. Combine that with drops and there you go. Alex didn't make any mistakes and who cares if he didn't make big plays either.

Option number two: blowout and the OL DEF and WRs looked terrible and didn't come to play.

Personal attack on Alexsexuals.
How many drives more than 7 plays has KC had? Would also like to know how they compare in 3 and outs to the league. It usually seems like their offense doesn't do much except for maybe one or two drives.

You just described just about every team in the NFL that scored 20+ pts Couple of TD and a couple of field goals in between...

How many drives per game average in the NFL...? Without looking it up I want to say 7-10.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM ]
KC is ranked 17th with 22 3 and out drives. The team that is ranked first has 33 3 and out drives.

Cases keep being made that KC offense is making their defense better. However, it is the other way around.

KC offense is ranked 24th in yards per drive. Lol, their defense is ranked #1.

What it gives them between the two is a net of 7th in yards per drive.

I was curious because all I read is Alex moves the chains and makes his defense better but how can that be if KC offense struggles to score. I watched the last few games and I was not seeing what I read.

Alex does one important thing for his defense and that is not to turn the ball over. However, the KC defense actually can overcome that also due to the poor competition and backup QBs.

So, in KCs case, their defense is making that offense better.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

You just described just about every team in the NFL that scored 20+ pts Couple of TD and a couple of field goals in between...

How many drives per game average in the NFL...? Without looking it up I want to say 7-10.

Read my next post. KC is not very good at "moving the chains". It is obvious their defense carries them. Now considering their defense has scored 7 TDs, two big drives a game is all they need since their defense scores and stops teams from scoring.
KC is ranked 17th with 22 3 and out drives. The team that is ranked first has 33 3 and out drives.

Cases keep being made that KC offense is making their defense better. However, it is the other way around.

KC offense is ranked 22nd in yards per drive. Lol, their defense is ranked #1.

What it gives them between the two is a net of 7th in yards per drive.

I was curious because all I read is Alex moves the chains and makes his defense better but how can that be if KC offense struggles to score. I watched the last few games and I was not seeing what I read.

Alex does one important thing for his defense and that is not to turn the ball over. However, the KC defense actually can overcome that also due to the poor competition and backup QBs.

So, in KCs case, their defense is making that offense better.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Punting the ball so the other team's offense has to go the distance and give your own defense a longer field to defend. Football fundamental.... Part of the reason their defense ranked so high, especially lower scores given up. The Chiefs offense rarely given up a turnover in their own territory. That's setting up a wining situation for their defense.

Punting is setting up the best situation for your defense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone