How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by strickac:
Again the Chiefs' D saves the day. This team is a joke. They're still the most overrated team in the league.

Sounds like the 2011 niners to me...

Not really. There are similarities, but we beat good teams in 2011. The Chiefs have yet to play a good team this season. It is the most cake schedule I've ever seen. We certainly did not let any team gash us on the ground like the Bills did to the Chiefs today. They are certainly a good team, but they are not elite, far from it.

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/1299408

Get back to me after you've read this and let's talk.

I have to fulfill a prerequisite in order to argue with you? LMAO. Anyway, I glanced at your link and saw it was written in 2011 which I found of little relevance to the caliber of teams the Chiefs play this year.

2011--9er opponents were equal to the Chiefs in 2013?

Oh, I didn't realize that we had to talk about the 2011 Niners when discussing the 2013 Chiefs.

You responded to that specific comparison...just wondered whether you had lost your train of thought.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM ]
Again the Chiefs' D saves the day. This team is a joke. They're still the most overrated team in the league.

Sounds like the 2011 niners to me...

It's the same team. If Charles goes down or the defense gives up a couple TDs, it's all over.
They still won't win their division, which should put them in the wildcard hunt. IF they make the playoffs, it should be a quick exit. I'm expecting a pick in the early 20s of the 2nd.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by AmpLee
But I'm not going to lump them into an elite category

who would really ask you to? has anyone been saying they are elite?

I believe most major media outlets have them atop their power rankings. My point is that I believe they are overrated.

No "you are what your record says you are?"
This Chief games was a s**tstorm of drops and poor O-line play. Alex is a terrific QB for a team with sure-handed receivers and great blocking up-front. But when there's 1-3 free rushers coming every play and guys are dropping perfect throws (Bowe, aAvery, and McCluster all had huge drops), he's not dynamic enough to do much. Still, he didn't lose them the game and their D won it - sort of does the job.

It sucks for them that they don't have a true middle-of-the-field threat - Alex struggles throwing to the sideline but likes the crossing and seam routes - hence his connection with Vernon here. Give him a Gronkowski or Graham and I think it would be a different world in KC.
[ Edited by DarkKnight1680 on Nov 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM ]
Jeez you guys it's time to lose. We are going to have the last pick in the draft in the 2nd round at this pace. Though they would improve but not this much.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM ]
They still won't win their division, which should put them in the wildcard hunt. IF they make the playoffs, it should be a quick exit. I'm expecting a pick in the early 20s of the 2nd.

How do you "know" that they won't win their division? They have to lose all of their games to not make the playoffs. The AFC is weak this year. I don't think they make it past the championship game, but that is not to say they can't. I still say defense wins championships.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jeez you guys it's time to lose. We are going to have the last pick in the draft in the 2nd round at this pace. Though they would improve but not this much.

I see them losing to the Broncos (twice), the Colts, and MAYBE to the Chargers in San Diego in December.

Also, LOL at all these new Chief fans tho
Let's be real here, anyone rooting for the Chiefs to lose so we can get a better 2nd round pick is using that as an excuse. Just admit you want to see Alex lose. We all know good and well the difference between the 21st pick in the second and the 30th is irrelevant. With our teams track record that pick might not even touch the field next season, especially if we are healthy. NOW to be honest, the Chiefs could very well win that division. Old man Fox is prob going to miss the rest of the regular season with the heart issue. Manning's body is already breaking down, they have oline and the defense is giving up points by the truck load. We got our second, so I'm happy. If Alex goes undefeated so what, if they lose the next seven... so what. Let's move on...
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by AmpLee
But I'm not going to lump them into an elite category

who would really ask you to? has anyone been saying they are elite?

I believe most major media outlets have them atop their power rankings. My point is that I believe they are overrated.

No "you are what your record says you are?"

I don't think they're a typical 9-0 team. Do you? I mean most 9-0 teams would be mentioned in the same breath as a Superbowl contender. I don't think the Chiefs are a Superbowl contender.

If Seattle is a super bowl contender then KC def is. Better defense, coach, special teams, offense is a push at best but seeing as how Alex hardly turns it over and Russ is prone to cough it up 2-3 times against a touch D, I would say KC is more efficient on offense. I'm being totally unbiased here, not a Chiefs or Alex fan. Just speaking the real. I'm a fan of football period, and call it how I see it. I give Seattle their props for the most part but with the current client of the division that's kind of hard to do. lol.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Alex needs to work on his accuracy...that one needed to be stuck in his visor.

They're having some line issues and some drop issues...and honestly Alex hasn't been as good as he was last year.

On the other hand, it's a new playbook, new player chemistry and they have more time to get it straight. As it stands, the offense is about average statistically in the NFL. They don't need to get much better to have a chance...and they've demonstrated that.

Seriously dude....
The Chiefs didn't look good on offense today, but the receivers didn't do much to help out Alex. McCluster dropped a perfectly thrown corner route and he was wide open. Bowe had a drop also. But, their defense bailed out the offense, sounds eerily familiar. If they split with Denver, they'll probably win the AFC West and have the 1 seed in the AFC, barring a miraculous collapse on their part. If they get a wildcard bye, they stand a good chance of being the AFC rep in the Super Bowl. While their offense needs to get better, their defense is playing at a very high level and keeping games close for them to win.
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex needs to work on his accuracy...that one needed to be stuck in his visor.

They're having some line issues and some drop issues...and honestly Alex hasn't been as good as he was last year.

On the other hand, it's a new playbook, new player chemistry and they have more time to get it straight. As it stands, the offense is about average statistically in the NFL. They don't need to get much better to have a chance...and they've demonstrated that.

Seriously dude....

Why are you in this thread again?
I don't think they're a typical 9-0 team. Do you? I mean most 9-0 teams would be mentioned in the same breath as a Superbowl contender. I don't think the Chiefs are a Superbowl contender.

Take a look at the SOS of the Miami Dolphins in 72. It is amazing....

lol, yes you're right, I lost track. But that's largely because I found the link irrelevant. We played good teams in 2011. Remember when we beat the Saints in the playoffs, and lost to the Ravens on the road, or lost to the Giants in the NFCCG?

The season isn't over for them, but the one good team they played, they beat. They have beaten a lot of crappy teams and some average teams. Hard to make those comparisons at this point..but what I can say is the SOS in 2011 for the niners isn't much different than what the Chiefs are playing now. So I don't know how you think it is irrelevant.

Their schedule will be quite difficult from here on and that will tell the tale. If they win most of their games they'll be in the playoffs, if they lose them all they won't. I wouldn't bet against their chances at this point. But will enjoy watching both the 9ers and the Chiefs. And for crying out loud...can someone beat the *9&(^! Seahawks when they have a huge lead?
Share 49ersWebzone