There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Alex Smith on Andy Reid's Chiefs offense: 'It's not what they ran in Philly'

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/19/4532320/alex-smith-andy-reid-chiefs-offense-eagles

Alex Smith muddied the waters a little this week when he told NFL Network, "This isn't a cookie-cutter offense. It's not what they ran in Philly. It's not what he ran in Green Bay when he was there. He's gonna try and tailor it to our strengths and what we do well." So if you weren't sure what kind of offense the Chiefs ran before, you really don't know now.

The "Checkdown Offense". Love it!

A checkdown to the running back every play for 20 plays is a touchdown from the the one yard line. Probably eat up two quarters as well. Worst case scenario the kicker boots a 63 yarder.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think it would be closer to Reid with McNabb, not like Reid with Vick. Both McNabb and Smith are mobile qb with good NFL arm. Smith seems to be better at reading defense and knowing where to go with the open guy on the play called. McNabb had some good RB to help out also, like Smith has with the Chiefs. Most importantly it has to depend on the whole offensive guys on the Chiefs-- how fast they can learn the offense from camp to opening day.

Yeah, should be seeing lots of PA, pistol offense, and also have more 2 TE packages. Even if Reid wants more passing, as his history suggests, I think it would be roughly 30 passes per game and a lean towards the short/intermediate game with screens and lots of TE love. Alex was getting better with hitting the WRs outside too, so Bowe, Baldwin, and Avery will get some curls, outs, and definitely slants.

I could always be in for some disappointment... considering a year 1 offense needing to gel quickly.. but this is gonna be a lot of fun watching KC evolve.

And that's just a side-dish to go with 49ers ball!

Lol I smell some closet Chiefs fans. The Alex Smith love was pretty f**king crazy considering he was only a decent-to-good QB, nothing more, maybe something less.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Lol I smell some closet Chiefs fans. The Alex Smith love was pretty f**king crazy considering he was only a decent-to-good QB, nothing more, maybe something less.

... and I am easily smelling the stench of some 49ers fans feeling threatened. What should you care at this point?

I respect the guy, and along with SF football, am looking forward to seeing what evolves in KC.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Where do 30 passes a game come from?

Cant be his 8 year track record...lets wait a bit before we get piss pants excited

.. and you're back in this thread, telling people what to think and how to feel.... because?

Cant be his 8 year track record...lets wait a bit before we get piss pants excited

.. and you're back in this thread, telling people what to think and how to feel.... because?

Whoops.... I'm sorry for commenting
GO ALEX 8-8!!!!

Yeah, we get a good positioning for a 2nd round draft pick.

Whoops.... I'm sorry for commenting

thats ok

just dont do it again

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/19/4532320/alex-smith-andy-reid-chiefs-offense-eagles

Alex Smith muddied the waters a little this week when he told NFL Network, "This isn't a cookie-cutter offense. It's not what they ran in Philly. It's not what he ran in Green Bay when he was there. He's gonna try and tailor it to our strengths and what we do well." So if you weren't sure what kind of offense the Chiefs ran before, you really don't know now.

gonna tailor it to Alex's "strengths" lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

the checkdown label is a myth perpetuated by smith's detractors....smith had one of the highest ypc in the league last year...also a checkdown can be a good play...maybe niners would have a 6th title if they could hit a checkdown
Originally posted by hofer36:

the checkdown label is a myth perpetuated by smith's detractors....smith had one of the highest ypc in the league last year...also a checkdown can be a good play...maybe niners would have a 6th title if they could hit a checkdown

relax man, just making a joke
Originally posted by hofer36:

relax man, just making a joke

what do you mean relax..i was just making points to respond to your post ...and by the way, arent jokes supposed to be funny? you can eliminate any doubnt by using a .....
why does everyone hate on the checkdown anyways? Aaron Rodgers does it, and when he throws bombs it's usually off of a playaction or just an out of bounds lob for a pass interference call.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
why does everyone hate on the checkdown anyways? Aaron Rodgers does it, and when he throws bombs it's usually off of a playaction or just an out of bounds lob for a pass interference call.

Yep. Good article related to this here...

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/07/22/analyzing-alex-smith-air-yards-completion-percentage-and-depth-of-targets/

Here's the bottom line on this study. There were only three QBs in the NFL that finished in the top 10 in terms of completing above the expected percentage rate for all four of the charted passing depths (behind the line of scrimmage, 0-9 yards, 10-19 yards, and 20+ yards). Those three QBs were Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Alex Smith.

"Yeah, but Lyle, Smith's passes were all a bunch of safe check downs and Rodgers throws the ball all over the field!"

If that was your response then I remind you of the air yards per completion stat that I discussed earlier. Last season the average Alex Smith completion was in the air for 6.06 yards and for Rodgers that number was 5.82. So that argument doesn't fly.

Yep. Good article related to this here...

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/07/22/analyzing-alex-smith-air-yards-completion-percentage-and-depth-of-targets/

Here's the bottom line on this study. There were only three QBs in the NFL that finished in the top 10 in terms of completing above the expected percentage rate for all four of the charted passing depths (behind the line of scrimmage, 0-9 yards, 10-19 yards, and 20+ yards). Those three QBs were Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Alex Smith.

"Yeah, but Lyle, Smith's passes were all a bunch of safe check downs and Rodgers throws the ball all over the field!"

If that was your response then I remind you of the air yards per completion stat that I discussed earlier. Last season the average Alex Smith completion was in the air for 6.06 yards and for Rodgers that number was 5.82. So that argument doesn't fly.

good fn stuff. All I ever see ARodg do is slant, draw , screen, dumpoff, checkdown, draw, wait for defense to get turnover, run the ball, playaction bomb incomplete but gets a pass interference flag.

I see the Chiefs play the tanking raiders twice , so that's two easy wins right dere.
good fn stuff. All I ever see ARodg do is slant, draw , screen, dumpoff, checkdown, draw, wait for defense to get turnover, run the ball, playaction bomb incomplete but gets a pass interference flag.

I see the Chiefs play the tanking raiders twice , so that's two easy wins right dere.

Rodgers and the Packs were able to get back in the game in the second half against Seattle in the infamous Touchbackdown game, by dink and dunks to counter the murdering pass rush of the Seahawks against an inferior Packers offensive line in the first half. Checkdowns are part of every NFL QB's game. Teams use it early and often through out every game as situation dictates. No checkdowns means either the qb or the OC is retarded... or both.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM ]