There are 209 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by boast:
this isn't college ball where you basically get to write your own schedule. they have done their job and beaten the teams they played. regardless of their opponent's records, it's still not an easy thing to do.

it's so funny people still need to find any way possible to discredit the Chiefs.

Discredit? 8-0 usually means you are King Kong. I certainly would rather face the Chiefs than Pats, Colts or Broncos in the Super Bowl.

When you haven't beat a team with a winning record, what level of credit does this deserve? How outrageous is his discrediting? Do you feel they are odds on favorite to take home the Lombardi?

they have won all of these "weak" games tho. so they have done exactly what a team sets out to do.

i think the Chiefs should be mentioned in the AFC as one of the contenders, absolutely
Originally posted by SofaKing:
8 weeks into the season and they have not played a single team with a winning record lol. We'd be undefeated too with that cupcake schedule.

this isn't college ball where you basically get to write your own schedule. they have done their job and beaten the teams they played. regardless of their opponent's records, it's still not an easy thing to do.

it's so funny people still need to find any way possible to discredit the Chiefs.

You're reading too much into my comment dude. I'm not discrediting the Chiefs, just pointing out they haven't played a winning team yet. Not all 8-0 records were created equally lol.

Be careful in making comparisons. The 49ers have only beaten one winning team - the Packers, and a marginal team - the Cardinals. The rest of the teams they beat are the same patsies that the Chiefs beat.
Originally posted by fastforward:
8 weeks into the season and they have not played a single team with a winning record lol. We'd be undefeated too with that cupcake schedule.

You're reading too much into my comment dude. I'm not discrediting the Chiefs, just pointing out they haven't played a winning team yet. Not all 8-0 records were created equally lol.

Be careful in making comparisons. The 49ers have only beaten one winning team - the Packers, and a marginal team - the Cardinals. The rest of the teams they beat are the same patsies that the Chiefs beat.

Hence my original point...we'd be 8-0 with their schedule, as opposed to playing 3 winning teams the first 3 weeks of the season.

What's the big deal here? Nothing wrong with putting records into context. It's true, only good team we beat was the Packers. We got spanked by the other 2 good teams we played. That's a fact.

The Chiefs have not played a good, winning team yet. That's a fact.

Hence my original point...we'd be 8-0 with their schedule, as opposed to playing 3 winning teams the first 3 weeks of the season.

What's the big deal here? Nothing wrong with putting records into context. It's true, only good team we beat was the Packers. We got spanked by the other 2 good teams we played. That's a fact.

We didnt get spanked.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
We didnt get spanked.

The level of panic on Niner Talk indicated otherwise lol.
Oh nowwwwww he joins Twitter , huh?

I keed I keed

We didnt get spanked.

When they run away with the score, whether it's later in the game or not, it turns quickly from "getting beat" to "getting spanked."

We did get spanked.

Careful, Sofa. The Chiefs fans around here are a sensitive bunch.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

This is about the third or fourth time you've been a pot stirrer lately...does that really help you in some way?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This is about the third or fourth time you've been a pot stirrer lately...does that really help you in some way?

Listen, if something like that upsets you too much, I'm sorry. Forget I posted it.

Listen, if something like that upsets you too much, I'm sorry. Forget I posted it.

You have been prodding folks for no apparent reason. It bothers me because you use to be a very forthright poster who didn't get involved in petty infighting...and no, I have no need or reason to forget how and what someone posts.
dtg_9er: Don't let me bother you. I'm not really seriously trying to stir the pot around here tonight, but if I were trying to get under anyone's collar around here, it wouldn't be you. I'll admit that there are some Chiefs fans here who annoy the heck out of me with their "drive-by" snide remarks about the current Niner QB. You're not one of those posters in my opinion.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

We didnt get spanked.

When they run away with the score, whether it's later in the game or not, it turns quickly from "getting beat" to "getting spanked."

We did get spanked.
We didn't get dominated in any game this year...watch the last 5 49er games..that is spanked
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

We didnt get spanked.

We did get spanked.
We didn't get dominated in any game this year...watch the last 5 49er games..that is spanked

I can agree with the dominated part. To me, dominated = raped. I would say we didn't get "raped" but as far as "spanked"? It's obviously a matter of opinion. I, personally, feel that if a team downright FINISHES you with multiple, crushing, game-ending blows in the 4th quarter, that is getting firmly spanked.

"Raped" would be being dominated the entirety of a game.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM ]
dtg_9er: Don't let me bother you. I'm not really seriously trying to stir the pot around here tonight, but if I were trying to get under anyone's collar around here, it wouldn't be you. I'll admit that there are some Chiefs fans here who annoy the heck out of me with their "drive-by" snide remarks about the current Niner QB. You're not one of those posters in my opinion.

No problem!

You guys are really into this spanking thing! Pictures?
Share 49ersWebzone