How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.

Smith attacks the defense in his own way...and it works. He scores and eats up huge chunks of the clock. The Chiefs have won the TOP battle in every game they played this season. Yesterday, despite the horrible second half, they still had a 6 minute advantage in the TOP. Winning the TOP helps the defense a lot, especially late into the season and playoffs.

In the last 3 games, SF is ranked 6th in TOP. KC is ranked 13th. SF attacks the defense in the same manor as KC but SF can get big chunks upon call.

Previous post: That TD to McCluster was not very impressive on the QB's part as it was wide open. Nice play call and read but it was a pass that must have been completed. DB was 2 yards behind him and the Safety was 5 yards to his left upon his catch.

why cherry pick the last 3 games--what are the numbers for the season

To see the details and if there is actually consistency. For example, Alex had a very nice QB rating last year but it you look at the games, he was very inconsistent from one game to another. Averages don't tell consistency.

I bet if we ran the numbers Alex comes out looking just as consistent as the top 10 ranked QBS in the NFL. I think you're digging.
Picks Owned now.

Our 1st
KC's 2nd
Our 2nd
TEN's 3rd
Our 3rd
Our 4th
Our 5th
Our 6th
INDY's 7th
NO's 7th
CAR's 7th
Our 7th

And possibly a 3rd or 4th as comp pick for Goldson loss.
Well now I hope they lose 8 straight.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by drakan:
No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.

Smith attacks the defense in his own way...and it works. He scores and eats up huge chunks of the clock. The Chiefs have won the TOP battle in every game they played this season. Yesterday, despite the horrible second half, they still had a 6 minute advantage in the TOP. Winning the TOP helps the defense a lot, especially late into the season and playoffs.

I agree with your post. And I respect that about Smith's game, but what else is there?

clutch plays when it counts...see the td pass to dwalker in the lions game, the long pass to crabtree in the seattle game, the passes to the v.davis in the saints playoff game, the pass out of the end zone in the eagle game this year

also presnap reads, audibling to the proper play

good mobility, 218 yards rushing for the season

team play and leadership

Nice list! And I would agree that these are the minimum requirements to be a good NFL QB.
Tis amazing how little love there is for Alex among Chiefs fans who post in the Chiefs Planet forum. There is one thread, updated often I might add, that reads: "Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck."

The man has led the Chiefs to an 8-0 start, and the best he can get is "Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck?"

Harsh. I thought there'd be some love for the man, but after yesterday's game (not one of his best), it's all Negative Nancy.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Tis amazing how little love there is for Alex among Chiefs fans who post in the Chiefs Planet forum. There is one thread, updated often I might add, that reads: "Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck."

The man has led the Chiefs to an 8-0 start, and the best he can get is "Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck?"

Harsh. I thought there'd be some love for the man, but after yesterday's game (not one of his best), it's all Negative Nancy.

That's one forum. They have a reputation for being the way they are.

that thread has been around since before the start of the season through, it's like their official alex smith thread

There is some backstory to that, as Alex to them is just yet another re-tread QB that won't get their team anywhere. They are already msierable because going from a 2-14 to an 8-0 team means nothing unless they win it all and have their magical QBotF in place.

Just as the world turns, there are always a dozen or so haters on active forums that just happen to be the most vocal. Like I said, look around at other KC sites, and you will see far more maturity and wisdom from KC fans. Chiefsplanet pretty well allows any type of behavior...so they end up with lots of very immature punks that frankly lack any sense of patience, foresight, and class.

... but if it is entertainment vs insightful football discussion you seek? Then enjoy!
If the 49ers cannot win it all, I hope that Alex does. He deserves it, and it is the only way he will get any respect. Even then there will be people that say the defense won it, and Alex was just along for the ride.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Oct 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

There is some backstory to that, as Alex to them is just yet another re-tread QB that won't get their team anywhere. They are already msierable because going from a 2-14 to an 8-0 team means nothing unless they win it all and have their magical QBotF in place.

Just as the world turns, there are always a dozen or so haters on active forums that just happen to be the most vocal. Like I said, look around at other KC sites, and you will see far more maturity and wisdom from KC fans. Chiefsplanet pretty well allows any type of behavior...so they end up with lots of very immature punks that frankly lack any sense of patience, foresight, and class.

... but if it is entertainment vs insightful football discussion you seek? Then enjoy!

I'll actually take the entertainment in the case of the Chiefs. Football is entertainment, after all.

One thin that is much better about Smith this year is his running.

he learned that from Kaep

he learned that from Kaep

I think Reid is giving him more freedom to run.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Not really entertainment, but just to see how the fan reaction was. I mean -- I remember when Harbaugh took us from an afterthought and turned us into a powerhouse overnight. I had a feeling he might do that, but I incorrectly guessed it would take him three years to get the job done. He did it in three games instead.

But I remember feeling damned ecstatic about it! I wasn't b***hin,' moanin,' and cryin' about Alex Smith. I had (incorrectly) predicted that Smith would never be a winner, and I ate every last word of crow for uttering a line like that. But, point is, I was pretty damn happy. After the dry spell we went through? To see wins like that? Even with Smith at QB? Count me as a happy camper.

Perhaps I need to go to a different Chiefs Forum then? I always Chief's Planet was the best one (or most popular) -- sort of like the following we have here on the 49er Webzone...

Which, of course, is the absolute best in the business, bar none!
Wins/Losses are a "team" thing. So it's really pointless to say "one is undefeated". Truth is, there's a HUGE difference between the way Kaep is playing vs Smith. One has a lethal arm, and incredible legs, and puts fear in defenses.

The other throws check downs, will never attack deep, and leaves it up to the defense. <---we've all witnessed (for 8 years) what this formula results to. Heart break.

Bottom line is this, believing in the Chiefs is like falling in love with a hooker. Don't do it.

Reading some of your posts is like having a hooker explain Nietzsche...or is that Freud?
Share 49ersWebzone