LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 212 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Alex is like zeros or incompletes on college assignments.
It's still better to show up and get D's or C's, even F's sometimes to get some type of score instead of nothing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Smithers tucking it in / throwing out of bounds is better than throwing a pick six like back in the days.

Seeing Peyton having the Chiefs in his crosshairs is setting up for a blowout season turning lopsided win. Minning sees blood.
Who is Chief's OC?

They have a very good team and play well. I think that guy Houston has 1 sacks.

I still think Denver will take the AFC BUT they are starting to look vulnerable.

The main thing for me is we get a 2nd round draft pick when some in the Zone wanted to let Alex walk.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am glad for alex he is doing well, despite a couple negative nelleys here in iowa all chiefs fans I know are just thrilled with things and alex. i am happy for chiefs fans because they went through alot of bad things last year and I am happy for the niners with our second round pick we get,, and that is my take on alex and the chiefs. you just never know when the chiefs play denver.. they sure do have a good defense and manning has two bad ankles. It may not mean much but in the last two years, everytime the experts say alex can not do things(beat green bay at green bay, beat the saints in a shootout, etc) he comes through.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It's still better to show up and get D's or C's, even F's sometimes to get some type of score instead of nothing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Smithers tucking it in / throwing out of bounds is better than throwing a pick six like back in the days.

Seeing Peyton having the Chiefs in his crosshairs is setting up for a blowout season turning lopsided win. Minning sees blood.

I truly think Kc wins that game against the Broncos
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by crzy:
Reading the Chiefs forums is hilarious. It's basically NinerTalk from 2005-2012

Chiefs fans are a conflicted 8-0 watching Alex Smith's mediocrity while still winning games.

My co worker is a huge chiefs fans and he feels the same, saying "how come he can't blow teams out like Kaep!?".

Lol

Yet Alex has better stats in every category. Is that the defense doing that?

No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.

Alex is attacking defenses in his own way. I honestly watch us and watch the Chiefs and see the exact same results. One QB is viewed as great, the other has more wins and is viewed as mediocre. I really don't see the difference besides Kaep has a couple longer passes which result in a better looking performance.

And don't think I'm wishing we had Alex cause I like watching Alex in a new place. I am only confused why one of these QB's is viewed as good to great and the other gets no credit what so ever for being the winningest QB in the league.

Wins/Losses are a "team" thing. So it's really pointless to say "one is undefeated". Truth is, there's a HUGE difference between the way Kaep is playing vs Smith. One has a lethal arm, and incredible legs, and puts fear in defenses.

The other throws check downs, will never attack deep, and leaves it up to the defense. <---we've all witnessed (for 8 years) what this formula results to. Heart break.

Bottom line is this, believing in the Chiefs is like falling in love with a hooker. Don't do it.
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM ]
Wins/Losses are a "team" thing. So it's really pointless to say "one is undefeated". Truth is, there's a HUGE difference between the way Kaep is playing vs Smith. One has a lethal arm, and incredible legs, and puts fear in defenses.

The other throws check downs, will never attack deep, and leaves it up to the defense. <---we've all witnessed (for 8 years) what this formula results to. Heart break.

Bottom line is this, believing in the Chiefs is like falling in love with a hooker. Don't do it.

lol. the only thing im witnessing from the past 8 years is this typical anti-alex post.

I've missed like one chiefs game...they are all nail biters

This explained why some guys are still in this thread. Hate is love unrequited
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Who is Chief's OC?

They have a very good team and play well. I think that guy Houston has 1 sacks.

I still think Denver will take the AFC BUT they are starting to look vulnerable.

The main thing for me is we get a 2nd round draft pick when some in the Zone wanted to let Alex walk.

Penderson. He's okay...he has made some good play calls...he's also made some OMG what are you thinking calls.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I truly think Kc wins that game against the Broncos
i agree. the chiefs have to run the ball, not make mistakes, play good defense and there is no reason why this can not be done,, esp if manning has two bad ankles, make him move, make him uncomfortable, hit him,

Both QBs have broken my heart. One in the Championship the other in the superbowl.

I don't get your analogy.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Originally posted by Jakemall:

Both QBs have broken my heart. One in the Championship the other in the superbowl.

I don't get your analogy.

My analogy is perfectly clear.

But I'm sorry to hear that you're the type who falls in love way too fast.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

well plaaaayed.
No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.

Smith attacks the defense in his own way...and it works. He scores and eats up huge chunks of the clock. The Chiefs have won the TOP battle in every game they played this season. Yesterday, despite the horrible second half, they still had a 6 minute advantage in the TOP. Winning the TOP helps the defense a lot, especially late into the season and playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone