LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 173 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
That last Chiefs game was strange. 1st half was really good on offense... surprisingly bad for the defense. 2nd half was bad for the offense... better for the D.

... but whatever it takes. They really do exemplify the TEAM GAME mentality... one area struggles.. and the other area(s) step up and take the slack.

Since the Chiefs have their 8 wins for SF... is this thread getting locked now? I hope so.

Up to you guys. If you still want a place to talk about the chiefs and Alex Smith, we can leave it. I think it's a topic that will find a way of getting discussed. The team took care of the wins and the pick. Alex solidified the doubters that he is a good starting quarterback, however they want to define that is on them.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Up to you guys. If you still want a place to talk about the chiefs and Alex Smith, we can leave it. I think it's a topic that will find a way of getting discussed. The team took care of the wins and the pick. Alex solidified the doubters that he is a good starting quarterback, however they want to define that is on them.

Meaning no offense by this, but I'd rather it just get locked, IF it is going to continue on the way it has. Now if those with authority would want to crack down harder on those that come in here just to incite? Then, I see a reason to keep it open. That's just my 2 cents on it though. As things are, there will never be a chance to end the division and antagonistic exchanges. Maybe these negatives will always exist anyway... but this thread will only keep the nasty going stronger, unless....
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
That last Chiefs game was strange. 1st half was really good on offense... surprisingly bad for the defense. 2nd half was bad for the offense... better for the D.

... but whatever it takes. They really do exemplify the TEAM GAME mentality... one area struggles.. and the other area(s) step up and take the slack.

Since the Chiefs have their 8 wins for SF... is this thread getting locked now? I hope so.

Leave it hear please so the AS talk has a place to belong and doesnt leak into every other area of the site.
First 3 scoring drives: Smith over threw an open Fasano in the left corner end zone that would have been a TD. He was trying to get it over the defender underneath but has to be towards the out of bound so the defender over the top can't get to it. Should have been a TD for Smith and Fasano. Too many underneath stuff called by Reid to Charles, McCluster, and Sherman. Cleveland was on to them by the 3rd field goal attempt by Succop which he missed. They held Charles on a screen the previous play, Smith had to blow it up and threw it to the ground.

The offensive line gave Smith excellent time in the pocket in the first half with exception of that 1 sack in the red zone. That TD to McCluster was a beauty very similar to the Smith to Delanie Walker against the Bucs in 2011. And a few to VD some years before that. I think the Browns blew the coverage because they were looking for the usual short stuff from Andy Reid. Andy did a change up

Chiefs defense still capable of giving up a quick strike, head scratching TD. They need to clean up their tackling and coverage.
  • XD33
Originally posted by crzy:
Reading the Chiefs forums is hilarious. It's basically NinerTalk from 2005-2012

Chiefs fans are a conflicted 8-0 watching Alex Smith's mediocrity while still winning games.

Depends on which KC forums you are reading. ChiefsPlanet has about a dozen strong haters that wanted Geno.. and they will never accept Smith. Most of the vocal and redundant people there are in the minority. around more mature sites, they seem mostly appreciative in having Smith. CP is a silly place filled with reactionary children.. but it can be amusing.

Theres Arrowhead pride....but that just like a wanabee webzone from 2011.
God. The 9ers Webzone is a much better place to be right now. He is right...Chiefs are 8-0 and some of their fans are much more football stupid than avg stupid niner fan.

I hated smith getting drafted. I was a Smith hater for 3 seasons. Put he showed lots of fight and smarts when he came back against HOU in2010.
But that game in CLEVALAND. Was iffy. I saw a horrible performance that made Chad Henne look better. Yet i saw an amazing athletic performance from a non scramble Qb. and i saw a really good 2nd TD, that looked so polished.

Smiths play and stats are similar to that of Cambells. Cambell and Smith are at potential good QB that got screwed by learning new systems each year.
I'm not going to say Smith is a genius , he is a stupid QB with fear issues. But he shows a lot of X tangibles when things go right. Point is he did enough for his kicker to get 3 points, some teams would kill to be put in good FG range and not have the ball INTd. All teams want the TD, but oh well, Chiefs got suck it up , they are 8-0 much better than 1-7.

Chiefs fans are a conflicted 8-0 watching Alex Smith's mediocrity while still winning games.

My co worker is a huge chiefs fans and he feels the same, saying "how come he can't blow teams out like Kaep!?".

Lol
  • XD33
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
First 3 scoring drives: Smith over threw an open Fasano in the left corner end zone that would have been a TD. He was trying to get it over the defender underneath but has to be towards the out of bound so the defender over the top can't get to it. Should have been a TD for Smith and Fasano. Too many underneath stuff called by Reid to Charles, McCluster, and Sherman. Cleveland was on to them by the 3rd field goal attempt by Succop which he missed. They held Charles on a screen the previous play, Smith had to blow it up and threw it to the ground.

The offensive line gave Smith excellent time in the pocket in the first half with exception of that 1 sack in the red zone. That TD to McCluster was a beauty very similar to the Smith to Delanie Walker against the Bucs in 2011. And a few to VD some years before that. I think the Browns blew the coverage because they were looking for the usual short stuff from Andy Reid. Andy did a change up

Chiefs defense still capable of giving up a quick strike, head scratching TD. They need to clean up their tackling and coverage.

Well i think Alex learned a lot from NORV turner. Most of his play style comes from Norv.
well NORV is the Offensive Coordinator for Browns. Defenesive picked up his likes and discomforts. Alex was just accepting Sacks in order to not throw any type of pass. I mean hes reads on defensive coverage after the snap is slow, however that 2nd TD was unexpected and Smith made it look it easy and beutiful.

the screens and inside routes were being covered and he was just getting Blitzed like crazy. He was doomed and on panic mode after the third.
Chiefs defense got exposed their pass d is going to have a very tough time against Den.
One play in the Chiefs' first 3rd qtr drive exemplified Smith's safe and veteran qb decision. Score was 20-17. 2nd & 6. At the Chiefs 35. Smith wanted to go to a quick slant to Junior Hemingway. But Smith quickly recognized Browns DE #97 dropping back into the throwing lane instead of pass rushing. Smith pulled it down and start scrambling to the right. No open receiver so he goes out of bound. Had he thrown that slant it would have been a pick 6.

I have seen vet qb like Brees and Rodgers still making the mistake of throwing the ball in that situation with defender dropping back into the throwing lane for the INT. Bowman was the guy that benefited on both Rodgers and Brees in 2012 for INTs.
I'm gonna leave it for a while. You are never going to come to agreement on this topic, but if you guys ignore the folks that are talking crap just to get a reaction, they will get bored and leave...or just be talking to theirselves which is sad. Lol.

My boy Alex..
  • Jiks
Originally posted by verb1der:

My co worker is a huge chiefs fans and he feels the same, saying "how come he can't blow teams out like Kaep!?".

Lol

Yet Alex has better stats in every category. Is that the defense doing that?
Thank You Alex for helping us get 2 second round draft picks - which is twice what you were worth.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Lol

No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Lol

No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.

Alex is attacking defenses in his own way. I honestly watch us and watch the Chiefs and see the exact same results. One QB is viewed as great, the other has more wins and is viewed as mediocre. I really don't see the difference besides Kaep has a couple longer passes which result in a better looking performance.

And don't think I'm wishing we had Alex cause I like watching Alex in a new place. I am only confused why one of these QB's is viewed as good to great and the other gets no credit what so ever for being the winningest QB in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone