There are 142 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Actually you can...because teams tend to reach for who they like all the time. Very few teams truly adopt BPA policy. It is not an anomaly when a 60th pick out-performs 50th pick. It happens all the time.

Lol. Statically speaking, the better pick is the better player. Don't try and fool anyone. At this point its not an issue, but lets not be silly

Theoretically you're right. Historically, you're not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--best-pick-of-the-nfl-draft--try-lucky-no--24-153919920.html

Admit it: Sometime in your football-loving life, you've secretly shrugged off your favorite NFL team's late-season loss because "at least we'll get a better draft pick." Hey, we get it: There isn't much solace in losing – especially in December – and maybe that loss will translate to a superstar rookie the next year.

Or… maybe not.

The Wall Street Journal did the math, and the "better" picks might be anything but.

Lol thats about the first round.

I'm out. Root for what you guys want.

Personally I hope we package one of the 11 picks to move up, but you guys might think we are better off picking in the 6th since Brady went there.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Personally I hope we package one of the 11 picks to move up, but you guys might think we are better off picking in the 6th since Brady went there.

So, if it's true for 1st round, it can't be for 2nd round?

The point is...it makes little to no difference if you're picking 10 picks apart in the 2nd round if your scouts have done a great job and you get lucky.

No one is saying we're better off picking in 6th round than in the 1st round. C'mon dude...that's silly.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
1584 yards 9 td's 5 int's 57.1% 87.6 rating 240 rushing
1795 yards 9 td's 4 int's 59% 82 rating 218 rushing
1489 Yards 11 td's 4 int's, 61% 97 rating 323 rushing
1574 yards 10 td's 3 int's 64% 91 rating 183 rushing
1824 yards 9 td's 6 int's 55.7% 74.9 rating 13 yards

Name the QB's...

Colin Kaepernick
Alex Smith
Russell Wilson
Andrew Luck
Tom Brady

LOL. Alex is stacking up really strong there.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Reading the Chiefs forums is hilarious. It's basically NinerTalk from 2005-2012

Chiefs fans are a conflicted 8-0 watching Alex Smith's mediocrity while still winning games.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
every game for the Chiefs has been a grinder and ST/Def have came up clutch towards the end of the game.

every game could have been a lost, the but the ball keeps bouncing their way. i think they will finish 12-4

uh, that 28 yard TD pass was not a bouncing ball.

How about Bess's muffed punt in the 4th that would have gave Cleveland the ball in chiefs terroritory with a chance to or even a shot to take the lead?
Actually you can...because teams tend to reach for who they like all the time. Very few teams truly adopt BPA policy. It is not an anomaly when a 60th pick out-performs 50th pick. It happens all the time.

Lol. Statically speaking, the better pick is the better player. Don't try and fool anyone. At this point its not an issue, but lets not be silly

Theoretically you're right. Historically, you're not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--best-pick-of-the-nfl-draft--try-lucky-no--24-153919920.html

Admit it: Sometime in your football-loving life, you've secretly shrugged off your favorite NFL team's late-season loss because "at least we'll get a better draft pick." Hey, we get it: There isn't much solace in losing – especially in December – and maybe that loss will translate to a superstar rookie the next year.

Or… maybe not.

The Wall Street Journal did the math, and the "better" picks might be anything but.

Not to be a pain in the ass, but please admit you were wrong...

In the 1979 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers selected Montana at the end of the third round with the 82nd overall pick.
-Bengals select Jack Thompson, QB, WSU, #3 overall. Bust.
-Giants select Phill Simms #7 overall. Decent pick, but Montana was better.
-Chiefs select Steve Fuller, Clemson, #27 overall, ended up being a backup for Chicago.

In the 2000 draft, Tom Brady was selected with pick #199, a compensatory pick, in the sixth round.
-Jets draft Chad Pennington at #18 overall.
-Giovanni Carmazzi, anyone?
-Ravens draft Chris Redman #75 overall.
-Browns draft Spergon Wynn #183, SW Texas State.
[ Edited by mkmasn on Oct 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:

Chiefs fans are a conflicted 8-0 watching Alex Smith's mediocrity while still winning games.

Chiefs fans can eat s**t, they b***hed and moaned for Geno Smith now they're undefeated with a good Qb unlike the potatoes they had last year.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Chiefs fans can eat s**t, they b***hed and moaned for Geno Smith now they're undefeated with a good Qb unlike the potatoes they had last year.

Some of them still want Geno and are saying we ripped them off with the trade, that they'd be 8-0 with almost any QB. Even the worst of our Alex haters were never this bad.
Originally posted by Amir:
i don't understand what i said was so wrong. Even though i hate alex and think he's average at best, i still wanted the chiefs to win 8 games. Susweel too. Now that they have reached that goal, I want them to lose every game for draft slotting.

The alex fans should want Alex to do well but Chiefs to lose. What's so wrong with that?

are you sure that it isnt also that with every win your past claims that he is average are put in doubt---maybe not for you, but for many i think that is more of a reason than draft slotting
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

hey i saw geno smith throw 2 td passes today--1 to chris crocker and 1 to adam pacman jones

im sure many are disgruntled niners fans/smith haters posing as chiefs fans
Originally posted by vaden:
Some of them still want Geno and are saying we ripped them off with the trade, that they'd be 8-0 with almost any QB. Even the worst of our Alex haters were never this bad.

Jets have comparable D, and their OL is probably better than KC's.

No way they are 8-0 with Geno. Long term he might be the answer, but using AS as placeholder is fine.

Being a legit vet has its role in the nfl today.

Depends on which KC forums you are reading. ChiefsPlanet has about a dozen strong haters that wanted Geno.. and they will never accept Smith. Most of the vocal and redundant people there are in the minority. around more mature sites, they seem mostly appreciative in having Smith. CP is a silly place filled with reactionary children.. but it can be amusing.
Originally posted by vaden:
Unless you think KC is going to win their division (which the wiseguys in Vegas still highly doubt), they're almost guaranteed to get the 5 seed at this point. Although their w/l record will still matter in terms of seeding the 4 round 1 losers, assuming they don't advance.

That's why I said last week that the playoffs mean more for seeding than W/L record in the current format.

Unless chiefs miss playoffs they are either a 1 or 5 seed probably. From that point records are only tiebreakers amongst those who finish comparably in post season.

A 11-5 chiefs that wins two playoff games is better than 14-2 that is knocked out in div round.
That last Chiefs game was strange. 1st half was really good on offense... surprisingly bad for the defense. 2nd half was bad for the offense... better for the D.

... but whatever it takes. They really do exemplify the TEAM GAME mentality... one area struggles.. and the other area(s) step up and take the slack.

Since the Chiefs have their 8 wins for SF... is this thread getting locked now? I hope so.
Share 49ersWebzone