There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/8/4502490/kansas-city-chiefs-rookie-mike-catapano-justin-smith-princeton-bob-surace

On how Catapano compares to Justin Smith:
"I was the assistant o-line coach for the Bengals, so every day for two years we had to block Justin. I don't care if it was Week 14 or it was the first day of training camp, Justin gave you his best effort. He was unbelievable in terms of that. Mike's the same way. It didn't matter if it was Week 9 against Yale or the third day of practice. He's the first in line, first to the meeting, hustles in practice, hustles through every drill. There's just a spirit and energy about him that he's going to be someone you enjoy coaching." "I'M NOT TELLING YOU HE IS JUSTIN SMITH AS A PLAYER, BUT HIS WORK ETHIC, HIS MOTOR, THERE ARE A LOT OF SIMILARITIES."

Nice, good to see some J Smith love. What I find funny though is that he's comparing this rookie to Justin Smith because JS always gave his 100%, whether it was the first day of training camp or week 14, and he says "Mike's the same way". But this rookie hasn't experienced either of those lol.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
One thing about Justin Smith is that even in the losing seasons, even off the playing field , dude was always wired and hustled. That Kurt Warner fumble from a few years back at the last minute was clutch and so awesome. Even though the season was lost, JS , Willis and Gore were going balls out every time.

Absolutely! Players like these set the standard. Even when the team is down, they give their best. No slacking!

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Nice, good to see some J Smith love. What I find funny though is that he's comparing this rookie to Justin Smith because JS always gave his 100%, whether it was the first day of training camp or week 14, and he says "Mike's the same way". But this rookie hasn't experienced either of those lol.

The Princeton coach is simply saying that Catapano gave 100% on and off the field then, and sees no reason why he won't continue to do so for KC now.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

The Princeton coach is simply saying that Catapano gave 100% on and off the field then, and sees no reason why he won't continue to do so for KC now.

Oh yeah I get that, it's just funny the way he said it "Justin Smith would give the same effort whether it was training camp or week 14, and so does this rookie!" lol
For all those who are planning to keep tabs on Alex's new team, here's an orientation.

#at=359
played madden with the chiefs the other day (who wants to play against the niners?

NOOOOBODAAAYY)

and I beasted with the Chiefs. They're like the Singletary niners with a lowered Bowman at their MLB and Oline helm.
lets see.. the chiefs have a solid reciever, a GREAT runningback, above average secondary and a solid front 7. I think this team just needed a coach and QB to get them to be playoff competition. i predict 10 wins.
Originally posted by denali22:
lets see.. the chiefs have a solid reciever, a GREAT runningback, above average secondary and a solid front 7. I think this team just needed a coach and QB to get them to be playoff competition. i predict 10 wins.

They need to figure out what they have on the DL... specifically DE.

Dontari Poe is a mountain at NT... showing that he's worthy of double teams. The close observers feel he has been impressive. FA Mike Devito is a smart vet. He should be useful, but not special in the least. Tyson Jackson is an enigma, as their new DC won't be utilizing him as they were. This more attacking 1-gap scheme should easily benefit him. Allen Bailey has to be considered a disappointment thus far... I think he will have a real fight on his hands to be the main DE backup vs Catapano and Dixon.

So, their DL won't be dominant like ours, IMHO... but really, who's got it better than us anyway?
Originally posted by denali22:

They need to figure out what they have on the DL... specifically DE.

Dontari Poe is a mountain at NT... showing that he's worthy of double teams. The close observers feel he has been impressive. FA Mike Devito is a smart vet. He should be useful, but not special in the least. Tyson Jackson is an enigma, as their new DC won't be utilizing him as they were. This more attacking 1-gap scheme should easily benefit him. Allen Bailey has to be considered a disappointment thus far... I think he will have a real fight on his hands to be the main DE backup vs Catapano and Dixon.

So, their DL won't be dominant like ours, IMHO... but really, who's got it better than us anyway?

You could argue that they are stronger at safety than we are. If we're a 10 out of 10 at Line backer, I'd give them a 8.5 - 9. I'm not sure about their corners to be honest...I know who they are, I just don't know if they will be as solid as our corners...it is a big question mark. Yes, their line is not as good as ours.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
You could argue that they are stronger at safety than we are. If we're a 10 out of 10 at Line backer, I'd give them a 8.5 - 9. I'm not sure about their corners to be honest...I know who they are, I just don't know if they will be as solid as our corners...it is a big question mark. Yes, their line is not as good as ours.

Agree on the LBs and on the ? of CBs. They should be solid at CB, but we'll see how they do with less help in man coverage. They overall seem to have some talented names all throughout the roster. SF pulled off a quick turnaround because we had the talent in place. We just don't know how well or quickly the KC players will take to these new coaches and schemes. I'm expecting a 9 win season, but hey, I can't be shocked if they can only manage 6-8 wins. Still.. 6-8 wins is a more enjoyable season for them than 2-14. (duh)
Alex Smith on Andy Reid's Chiefs offense: 'It's not what they ran in Philly'

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/19/4532320/alex-smith-andy-reid-chiefs-offense-eagles

Alex Smith muddied the waters a little this week when he told NFL Network, "This isn't a cookie-cutter offense. It's not what they ran in Philly. It's not what he ran in Green Bay when he was there. He's gonna try and tailor it to our strengths and what we do well." So if you weren't sure what kind of offense the Chiefs ran before, you really don't know now.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/19/4532320/alex-smith-andy-reid-chiefs-offense-eagles

Alex Smith muddied the waters a little this week when he told NFL Network, "This isn't a cookie-cutter offense. It's not what they ran in Philly. It's not what he ran in Green Bay when he was there. He's gonna try and tailor it to our strengths and what we do well." So if you weren't sure what kind of offense the Chiefs ran before, you really don't know now.

The "Checkdown Offense". Love it!

I think it would be closer to Reid with McNabb, not like Reid with Vick. Both McNabb and Smith are mobile qb with good NFL arm. Smith seems to be better at reading defense and knowing where to go with the open guy on the play called. McNabb had some good RB to help out also, like Smith has with the Chiefs. Most importantly it has to depend on the whole offensive guys on the Chiefs-- how fast they can learn the offense from camp to opening day.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think it would be closer to Reid with McNabb, not like Reid with Vick. Both McNabb and Smith are mobile qb with good NFL arm. Smith seems to be better at reading defense and knowing where to go with the open guy on the play called. McNabb had some good RB to help out also, like Smith has with the Chiefs. Most importantly it has to depend on the whole offensive guys on the Chiefs-- how fast they can learn the offense from camp to opening day.

Yeah, should be seeing lots of PA, pistol offense, and also have more 2 TE packages. Even if Reid wants more passing, as his history suggests, I think it would be roughly 30 passes per game and a lean towards the short/intermediate game with screens and lots of TE love. Alex was getting better with hitting the WRs outside too, so Bowe, Baldwin, and Avery will get some curls, outs, and definitely slants.

I could always be in for some disappointment... considering a year 1 offense needing to gel quickly.. but this is gonna be a lot of fun watching KC evolve.

And that's just a side-dish to go with 49ers ball!
Yeah, should be seeing lots of PA, pistol offense, and also have more 2 TE packages. Even if Reid wants more passing, as his history suggests, I think it would be roughly 30 passes per game and a lean towards the short/intermediate game with screens and lots of TE love. Alex was getting better with hitting the WRs outside too, so Bowe, Baldwin, and Avery will get some curls, outs, and definitely slants.

I could always be in for some disappointment... considering a year 1 offense needing to gel quickly.. but this is gonna be a lot of fun watching KC evolve.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Where do 30 passes a game come from?

Cant be his 8 year track record...lets wait a bit before we get piss pants excited