How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
The better the Chiefs do the better. That's a gramatical nightmare but you catch my drift.

Anything that helps us is good. The Chiefs suck and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst but lets get the required number of wins out of them first. That was my thinking early in the season.

if you think the chiefs suck, well, maybe you should take up a new hobby

Chiefs are very similar to 2011 Niners and that team went 13-3 and should have won the Super Bowl. Now at 7-0 they are very good but I don't think they can beat us even at 5-2

Wouldn't want to play them in KC.

The only decent team KC has played is Dallas, and that team is far from good. I'm glad KC is winning, but it's meaningless unless they can beat a quality opponent. Granted, they have not faced a quality opponent yet, so it isn't their fault of course.

I could say the same about Denver or the 9ers.

The difference is the Broncos and 9ers basically blow mediocre teams out (like they should). The Chiefs squeak by mediocre teams, a sure sign of a pretender, IMO.

So it doesn't count if you do just enough to win.... Okay.

Btw, 3rd season for the niners with the same offense. First for kc... New qb and coach and play book. Think about what that means. You should have Good idea.
The better the Chiefs do the better. That's a gramatical nightmare but you catch my drift.

Anything that helps us is good. The Chiefs suck and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst but lets get the required number of wins out of them first. That was my thinking early in the season.

Chiefs are very similar to 2011 Niners and that team went 13-3 and should have won the Super Bowl. Now at 7-0 they are very good but I don't think they can beat us even at 5-2

The only decent team KC has played is Dallas, and that team is far from good. I'm glad KC is winning, but it's meaningless unless they can beat a quality opponent. Granted, they have not faced a quality opponent yet, so it isn't their fault of course.

The difference is the Broncos and 9ers basically blow mediocre teams out (like they should). The Chiefs squeak by mediocre teams, a sure sign of a pretender, IMO.

So it doesn't count if you do just enough to win.... Okay.

Btw, 3rd season for the niners with the same offense. First for kc... New qb and coach and play book. Think about what that means. You should have Good idea.

I didn't say it doesn't count. I'm just stating a simple way to identify a "pretender" vs a contender. We see these lone undefeated teams every year, and how many of them actually turn out to be legitimate?!

And to the bolded, valid excuses. Unfortunately Alex Smith has reached max potential, we've witnessed it in 2011, 2012 when Harbaugh pulled his plug, and now with the Chiefs, still playing not to lose, and cannot attack deep if his life depended on it.

I admit his style is enough to defeat bad/mediocre teams, but will not go far once the playoffs start and games are placed in the QB's hands.

Delaying the inevitable.
  • Jiks
I didn't say it doesn't count. I'm just stating a simple way to identify a "pretender" vs a contender. We see these lone undefeated teams every year, and how many of them actually turn out to be legitimate?!

And to the bolded, valid excuses. Unfortunately Alex Smith has reached max potential, we've witnessed it in 2011, 2012 when Harbaugh pulled his plug, and now with the Chiefs, still playing not to lose, and cannot attack deep if his life depended on it.

I admit his style is enough to defeat bad/mediocre teams, but will not go far once the playoffs start and games are placed in the QB's hands.

Delaying the inevitable.

This offense has beaten Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisburger, Vick twice, Russel Wilson, Tony Romo, Stafford, Eli twice, and Shaub. I don't see where you devise this premise it wont work against more than bad/mediocre teams because it has on multiple occasions.
Until a team makes smith/his offense play as poorly as 2011 NFC championship, we really cannot speculate how the chiefs will fare.

The giants are not in the AFC , neither is Seattle.

We will never know for certain what would have happened last year had we kept smith all along but this year we will find out.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Delaying the inevitable.

This offense has beaten Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisburger, Vick twice, Russel Wilson, Tony Romo, Stafford, Eli twice, and Shaub. I don't see where you devise this premise it wont work against more than bad/mediocre teams because it has on multiple occasions.

C'mon man, we already know that Chiefs offense does not play other teams QBs.

Almost all of KC's wins (if not all) is largely due to their defense. Come playoffs, only the teams that can win on "all 3 phases" will survive (with the offensive phase playing the most critical role).

A WIN is a WIN. IF its by 58 or 2. And so far the Chiefs have more
Alex beat the very best defenses in the league the last years, has taken the CHEIFS to respectability and still gets flack . Alex was 3 and 0 against Seattle his last few starts... Kap would be O n 2.
Shut up haters ! Alex is a winner , a smart qb, and you're crazy if you think he dosnt make his D better. It's no coincidence he has been qb for the 2 best Ds the league has seen the last 10 years
All this attribution of wins entirely to the defense is nothing new, but it's tiring to hear about it. This is a team game, and Smith still has to do his job to get the team points. The defense does their job, and Smith does his, and the team wins.

Smith doesn't hang his defense out to dry with dumb plays that have them covering short fields. Timely play-making, toughness, smart decision-making, and a methodical "take-what-they-give" approach is how Smith operates. What I've noticed over the past several years is that Alex simply has this knack for "doing whatever it takes to get it done" in games. He hasn't won every single game, but it seems to be a fairly consistent trend that Smith seems to recognize what has to be done to get his team the win and he just goes out and does it.
Smith seems to be doing a very good job of, not just run with the ball, but running and getting the 1st down. He's doing a good part of some of those scoring drives. He looked comfortable in Andy Reid's offense and making good decision within it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
All this attribution of wins entirely to the defense is nothing new, but it's tiring to hear about it. This is a team game, and Smith still has to do his job to get the team points. The defense does their job, and Smith does his, and the team wins.

Smith doesn't hang his defense out to dry with dumb plays that have them covering short fields. Timely play-making, toughness, smart decision-making, and a methodical "take-what-they-give" approach is how Smith operates. What I've noticed over the past several years is that Alex simply has this knack for "doing whatever it takes to get it done" in games. He hasn't won every single game, but it seems to be a fairly consistent trend that Smith seems to recognize what has to be done to get his team the win and he just goes out and does it.

He has learned what other guys like Romo, Cutler, Rivers, Eli Manning, and lately Shaub do not know how to do. That is, to make a decision on when and where during the game to try to make a play or be safe. To curb that competitive adrenaline at certain time during the game to just get that first down. Not to push that qb and receiver on field communication to the limit and go retard.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM ]

I can't argue with the logic. The Chiefs are definitely a playoff caliber team and I could even see them winning a playoff game. But they do not scream Super Bowl contender until we at least see them against Denver (twice) or the Colts who they play once.

With that said, I don't think Smith gets enough credit for what he has done. You put this team out there with Matt Cassel again, and they are a 2-5 or 3-4 at best.

For all the criticism of Smith, he didn't seem to struggle against Seattle. He has a 6-5 career record against them (which includes the dark days), and is 4-1 against them in the Pete Carroll era.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Oct 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM ]

funny i dont remember you, or anyone else, calling the 2011 niners a pretender

Winningest QB in the NFL over the past 3 season. Yeah, he must suck.
funny i dont remember you, or anyone else, calling the 2011 niners a pretender

I do...until about 2/3rds through the season everyone was saying how we had an easy schedule.

Best post in this thread for a while, thanks.

This KC offense has had their struggles... which should be expected from a new team. 49ers fans should appreciate how this can be after 2011.

- The KC #1 and #2 TEs were injured and off the field 90% of the time. Fasano has been targeted 12 times and has 3 credited drops already.
- Their OL consists of an injured rookie RT, a C with only a few games of pro experience, and a LG ranked 63rd of all OGs in the game right now.
- Aside from a good run here or there, even Jamaal Charles has been less than effective on many runs. PFF has him ranked 23rd in RBs. Outsiders has him ranked 17th in success rate... and yes, much of this is due to the OL failing to open anything up.
- The Chiefs are tied with the SECOND MOST offensive penalties.
- The Chiefs are SIXTH MOST in team drops.
Share 49ersWebzone