LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
The better the Chiefs do the better. That's a gramatical nightmare but you catch my drift.

Anything that helps us is good. The Chiefs suck and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst but lets get the required number of wins out of them first. That was my thinking early in the season.

if you think the chiefs suck, well, maybe you should take up a new hobby

Chiefs are very similar to 2011 Niners and that team went 13-3 and should have won the Super Bowl. Now at 7-0 they are very good but I don't think they can beat us even at 5-2
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The better the Chiefs do the better. That's a gramatical nightmare but you catch my drift.

Anything that helps us is good. The Chiefs suck and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst but lets get the required number of wins out of them first. That was my thinking early in the season.

Chiefs are very similar to 2011 Niners and that team went 13-3 and should have won the Super Bowl. Now at 7-0 they are very good but I don't think they can beat us even at 5-2

Wouldn't want to play them in KC.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

We would make KC a second home
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I think Bowe is better because he can be effective on more parts of the field. Look at how reliable Crabs became when he had a QB who wasn't afraid to throw to him (Kap) when the coverage was tight. Bowe has been putting up better numbers under worse conditions. Once he gets a QB who isn't afraid to throw those types of balls and his targeted increases to 170, Bowe would easily be a top 5 receiver.

This was more about Kaep being young and OVERLY reliant on Crabtree... to the point of forcing passes his way. Aside from that, it was at the expense of Vernon Davis.. whose numbers and targets took quite a hit when Kaep came in.

Let's not play this game anymore... it's SO old and done with.

And didn't Crabs come through for Kap? But I thought Crabs wasn't a dependable WR before all that. Now let's get back to Bowe. So, how do you know Bowe can't come through if Alex must rely on him and force some throws? For some reason, it is Bowes lack of something that is keeping him from being an offensive force he he has already proven he can be that guy in past years? But it must have very little to do with the fact that Alex will go with a safer throw over sending a tougher, deeper throw in Bowes direction right? Your reasoning is because Bowe hasn't shown enough which is false because you are looking for a reason why his numbers are lower but do not want to admit that Smiths style is more about depending on certain areas of the field over others.

This isn't a bad thing about Alex. But, it isn't a great thing either. Had already predicted Bowes numbers will drop this year due to the style of play of his QB. It is okay to accept rthat QBs have specific styles and that a QB cannot or will not do everything and has comfort areas.

Am I going to be the first one to point out that Smith threw to Bowe on a 3rd down slant pattern to try to sustain a 4th quarter drive against the Texans that was definitely catchable - Bowe was "NFL open" - yet the pass was dropped?

Smith trusts Bowe when the defensive read is to go to Bowe. Why all the broo-ha-ha?
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I think Bowe is better because he can be effective on more parts of the field. Look at how reliable Crabs became when he had a QB who wasn't afraid to throw to him (Kap) when the coverage was tight. Bowe has been putting up better numbers under worse conditions. Once he gets a QB who isn't afraid to throw those types of balls and his targeted increases to 170, Bowe would easily be a top 5 receiver.

This was more about Kaep being young and OVERLY reliant on Crabtree... to the point of forcing passes his way. Aside from that, it was at the expense of Vernon Davis.. whose numbers and targets took quite a hit when Kaep came in.

Let's not play this game anymore... it's SO old and done with.

And didn't Crabs come through for Kap? But I thought Crabs wasn't a dependable WR before all that. Now let's get back to Bowe. So, how do you know Bowe can't come through if Alex must rely on him and force some throws? For some reason, it is Bowes lack of something that is keeping him from being an offensive force he he has already proven he can be that guy in past years? But it must have very little to do with the fact that Alex will go with a safer throw over sending a tougher, deeper throw in Bowes direction right? Your reasoning is because Bowe hasn't shown enough which is false because you are looking for a reason why his numbers are lower but do not want to admit that Smiths style is more about depending on certain areas of the field over others.

This isn't a bad thing about Alex. But, it isn't a great thing either. Had already predicted Bowes numbers will drop this year due to the style of play of his QB. It is okay to accept rthat QBs have specific styles and that a QB cannot or will not do everything and has comfort areas.

Am I going to be the first one to point out that Smith threw to Bowe on a 3rd down slant pattern to try to sustain a 4th quarter drive against the Texans that was definitely catchable - Bowe was "NFL open" - yet the pass was dropped?

Smith trusts Bowe when the defensive read is to go to Bowe. Why all the broo-ha-ha?

That's the one I thought of too. Andy Reid might have second thought on calling Bowe's number after that one. Bowe seems to be more physical type than Crabtree, but so far has occasional drops like VD. Part of his game is to be physical, use body position to gain the advantage for the catch, but on a couple of occasion he let the CB get around him on a short slant. When he has to go up for it, I think that's when he's pretty good. Which makes that 3rd down drop even more puzzling because it was up high
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Keep winning KC! We need that 2nd round pick

They need to lose. Our 2nd round pick is going to be really late. They could limp their way to 1 more win. We need some losses here now.

This. I like Alex, but its time to start rooting against KC. I thought we were going to have a good 2nd rounder out of this. Not a fringe third rounder.

We were never going to have better than mid 2nd
Tamba Hali give waitress a pretty good tip

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/chiefs-linebacker-tamba-hali-leaves-huge-tip-after-post-game-party/
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/chiefs-linebacker-tamba-hali-leaves-huge-tip-after-post-game-party/

Cool move!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Cool move!

OK niners! The Chiefs are one up in the character department! Nice story, thanks Bluesbro.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Cool move!

OK niners! The Chiefs are one up in the character department! Nice story, thanks Bluesbro.

obvious that he doesn't know percentages

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Cool move!

obvious that he doesn't know percentages

LOL...be careful...your cheap is showing!
Bowe questionable for Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/25/dwayne-bowe-misses-practice-status-for-sunday-in-doubt/
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Bowe questionable for Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/25/dwayne-bowe-misses-practice-status-for-sunday-in-doubt/

If he doesn't, the Chiefs will likely turn to Donnie Avery, Dexter McCluster and Junior Hemingway as targets for Alex Smith.

That's still an effective group against the Browns along with McGrath and Fasano. No easy games in the NFL but the Browns and Bills is about 2 weakest opponents all year. If he's injured, this is about the best time to try to get healthy.

The only decent team KC has played is Dallas, and that team is far from good. I'm glad KC is winning, but it's meaningless unless they can beat a quality opponent. Granted, they have not faced a quality opponent yet, so it isn't their fault of course.
Originally posted by Empire49:

The only decent team KC has played is Dallas, and that team is far from good. I'm glad KC is winning, but it's meaningless unless they can beat a quality opponent. Granted, they have not faced a quality opponent yet, so it isn't their fault of course.

I could say the same about Denver or the 9ers.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone