There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by hofer36:
i wonder if the chiefs will get agressive before the trading deadline to try to make a run this year?
tony gonzalez would be an upgrade at tight end, as would hakeem nicks/arron gordon at wide receiver...i think they could use a big back to share some of the load with charles, and maybe convert some of the 3rd and shorts that seem to trouble them now

KC 1st round pick for Frank Gore
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Will be interesting to see how far they can go. To be honest, I didn't think we would do much in the playoffs either back in 2011, being a team that never went to the playoff for so long. But we ended up in the NFCCG. As long as Reid can keep his guys discipline and focus, I think they may surprise even themselves.

Their defense should keep them in every game, much like the 2011 49er D.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
KC 1st round pick for Frank Gore

The Niners will never trade the "mystical man."
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Will be interesting to see how far they can go. To be honest, I didn't think we would do much in the playoffs either back in 2011, being a team that never went to the playoff for so long. But we ended up in the NFCCG. As long as Reid can keep his guys discipline and focus, I think they may surprise even themselves.

Their defense should keep them in every game, much like the 2011 49er D.

They have a good defense. But it seems to me like their secondary can give up some plays that are kinda head scratcher. It's still early though so they should improve even further.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
KC 1st round pick for Frank Gore

The Niners will never trade the "mystical man."

In his 'Twilight' year
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by hofer36:
i wonder if the chiefs will get agressive before the trading deadline to try to make a run this year?
tony gonzalez would be an upgrade at tight end, as would hakeem nicks/arron gordon at wide receiver...i think they could use a big back to share some of the load with charles, and maybe convert some of the 3rd and shorts that seem to trouble them now

KC 1st round pick for Frank Gore
Trent would be run out of the town
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by hofer36:
i wonder if the chiefs will get agressive before the trading deadline to try to make a run this year?
tony gonzalez would be an upgrade at tight end, as would hakeem nicks/arron gordon at wide receiver...i think they could use a big back to share some of the load with charles, and maybe convert some of the 3rd and shorts that seem to trouble them now

KC 1st round pick for Frank Gore
Trent would be run out of the town

That would be the s**t doe... They couldn't convert a 3rd &short to go to the SB, like the Niners in 2011 in the NFCCG
Originally posted by hofer36:
i wonder if the chiefs will get agressive before the trading deadline to try to make a run this year?
tony gonzalez would be an upgrade at tight end, as would hakeem nicks/arron gordon at wide receiver...i think they could use a big back to share some of the load with charles, and maybe convert some of the 3rd and shorts that seem to trouble them now

They drafted Knile Davis to be the big back. So far, he has been a disappointment. He may just need more time but RBs usually either have it or don't. They need less development time than any other position. Charles has been amazingly durable for his size. Still, a good change up banger would be good.

They do need help at TE although Fasano is healthy again and he does get open. Doubt Atl trades Gonzalez though he would be awesome in Reid's offense.

I am less impressed with Nicks the more I see him. If I were KC, I would offer a conditional 5th round pick.

Bowe is a stud. Avery has played better this season than any other time in his career. McCluster is flashy once he catches the ball but does not run good patterns.

Like most teams in their position, they would love to have some insurance as long as it does not cost a great deal for the future. If they stay healthy, they will be pretty strong. No need to mortgage the future for a little short-term insurance. They are still a pretty young team. Their future is still ahead of them.
Originally posted by fastforward:
It's difficult to see the Chiefs to remain undefeated for the rest of the season. They have some tough games toward the end of the season.

if i am andy reid i dont think i would want to go into the playoffs undefeated...losing 1 might relieve some of the pressure that going into the playoffs undefeated would bring..if they split with broncos and win out the remainder of their games they would still have the 1st seed and win the afc west
They've still got to play the Colts and two against the Broncos. It's a safe bet that they're going to lose at least one or two games before the season is over. Plus, the Chargers are no pushovers and they've got to go play in Washington which has been coming on strong lately. The latter part of the Chiefs' schedule is the toughest. Still, it's hard to imagine them finishing much worse than 12-4 which is a pretty huge turnaround from 2-14.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They've still got to play the Colts and two against the Broncos. It's a safe bet that they're going to lose at least one or two games before the season is over. Plus, the Chargers are no pushovers and they've got to go play in Washington which has been coming on strong lately. The latter part of the Chiefs' schedule is the toughest. Still, it's hard to imagine them finishing much worse than 12-4 which is a pretty huge turnaround from 2-14.

I think they go 12-4. They'll lose to the Colts, 1 to the Chargers/Raiders/Skins, and 2 to the Broncos. But I think it's a deceiving record in that their quality of opponent is as week as I've ever seen on a team's schedule. Still, they have taken care of business and are a good team. If they were to play us, they would get clobbered, however. Here's hoping they go 1-8 to close out the season. Anyone rooting for any other record can go chew on rocks.
Some, not all, of the guys saying they want the Chiefs to lose all but 8 games are the old anti-Smith group. They are posting to get a rise out of pro-Smith fans and boy have they succeeded!

But the mods should try and refrain from personal comments...or maybe take off your mod hat and invent a new character to post by. Many of you are very reasonable in other threads but things have gone off the rails in this one.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They've still got to play the Colts and two against the Broncos. It's a safe bet that they're going to lose at least one or two games before the season is over. Plus, the Chargers are no pushovers and they've got to go play in Washington which has been coming on strong lately. The latter part of the Chiefs' schedule is the toughest. Still, it's hard to imagine them finishing much worse than 12-4 which is a pretty huge turnaround from 2-14.

They have a much more difficult schedule for the second half than they did in the first seven games, and if they don't find some healthy receivers who can limit the drops it will not be a run to the playoffs. On the other hand, Smith has had a number of years when his second half was much better than his first. He may be able to elevate his game against the tougher schedule and make his receivers look better as well.

If Fasano can stay healthy and their WRs can manage to catch more than they drop...should be a strong team going into the playoffs. Much better to be tested and overcome before the playoffs.

Edit: hate making dumb errors! KC WR have not had a drop problem statistically--seems every time they need a catch though they have a drop. My bad.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
If I was the GM in KC I would def throw my name in the hat for Nicks or Gordon. People are prob writing the Broncos off as the AFC Champs but I think the Chiefs defense could keep them under 30 points if Flowers is healthy. Put Nicks on the other side to keep some of the double team off of Bowe and the offense should be instantly better. I would also see if a RB like Mike Turner is willing to play for cheap to bring down Charles carry count.
Chiefs won't go undefeated, but they should still make the playoffs and have a really good shot at that time to fully gel into Reid's offense and make a possible run to the Super Bowl.

They badly need a TE. With Moeaki gone, and Fasano and Kelce continually hurt, that's really hampered them. McGrath is inconsistent as you'd expect from a rookie UDFA. Think of what KC could do next season with a true bruising RB to take some heat off Charles, a 2nd WR weapon, and a legit TE. Although, more importantly, they could use OL help.