There are 185 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

The Chiefs are tied for my 2nd favorite team but I only switched it to their game after the 49ers game was over

Niners all day everyday
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
lol PM? Why would I do that. I dont PM folks on here for fun. But thats fine, you dont have to answer. If we are being honest, you are a bandwagon niner fan, and thats fine. '

Go Niners.

Oh, do explain to me who I am... sir mod.

well if I had to guess, based on your age (early 30s), being from Louisiana, your hometown saints were horrible when you were a kid so you went with the cool story. The 49ers, Joe, Steve, Jerry etc. That worked well for you until Alex was "disrespected", so you found yourself in another situation (to use your words) chose what team to be a fan of. Thats the chiefs. And for the record, I would respect you more if you admitted it. If you dont, cool. Enjoy the board.

Go niners.
Originally posted by kidash98:
So Mr.Mcgibblets, just to be clear, you are a Chiefs fan masquerading as a 49ers fan, right?

What brought all this on?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What if I find the last Niners game to be boring.... I had to rewatched both the Niners and Chiefs game because I couldn't catch it live. Knew the final scores of both of course. Chiefs game got every, the running, the passing, the turnovers, close scores. Niners game, it was well in hand by the half. We got Kaep who can throw the ball like an elite qb, but seems like all he does is hand off to Gore. Boring game so I stopped in the middle of it, while I'm at work.

We've turned into a ground and pound team. s**t.

I had a busy time watching both at the same time. Hate when they are on at the same time... but it was interesting.

I remember tuning out for a few plays in the NFCCG '94 when the Cowboys had the ball on offense, because I couldn't take the stress of their mounting comeback during late in the game. Kinda like that, but this was already knowing we've handled the Titans.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i may like Alex as a human but when my Niners play him in the Super Bowl, i hope they lay the f**king wood to him.
I don't care if someone has a second favorite team. My second favorite used to be Denver because of Elway. But if a 49ers fan is ripping Denver by comparing to the 49ers, I say Amen because I was all for Denver unless they played SF. When they matched up, I hated Denver. Why? Because the 49ers are my favorite team and no matter what situation, preseason or whatever, I will always want my team to win.
Originally posted by boast:
i may like Alex as a human but when my Niners play him in the Super Bowl, i hope they lay the f**king wood to him.

This doe!!!

well if I had to guess, based on your age (early 30s), being from Louisiana, your hometown saints were horrible when you were a kid so you went with the cool story. The 49ers, Joe, Steve, Jerry etc. That worked well for you until Alex was "disrespected", so you found yourself in another situation (to use your words) chose what team to be a fan of. Thats the chiefs. And for the record, I would respect you more if you admitted it. If you dont, cool. Enjoy the board.

Go niners.

First of all, YOUR respect is not on my list of interests in the slightest. I am now 39 years old.

Otherwise, I had always disliked the thuggish nature of the Saints... hated the idiot NOLA fans.. and was always someone who would not allow geography to force my choices. As the Saints were in the NFCW then, I watched all of the SF/NO battles and easily found myself really liking their brand of football and their players. So that was that... I made my own choice and never looked back. I still.. have never looked back. I still watch every SF game with raised heartbeat. I still want SF to win every game and I still love nearly every player on the team. I have always been a fan of football, and have always had interest in other teams. If people recall, I had a brief interest in Detroit, until they became thuggish. I also did start to like what the Saints were building, but lost any true interest with the Greg Williams days.

So do tell me... if I watch all the SF games with excitement... still want them to win... and still have only SF jerseys, blankets, etc.. still love the players.. how does this now make me a Chiefs fan that has jumped ship? And how is this appropriate for a mod to publicly accuse me of this, when you don't really know me?

I now am a 49ers fan that has taken a big interest in the Chiefs and what they are building. And no... I don't need your respect or approval in that.

What more honesty now would you like, since you are so heavily invested in chatting with me?
Can't we all just get along?

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Can't we all just get along?

This

OK, I am curious. Lets pretend here.

49ers and Chiefs are about to play. If the niners win or lose, it doesnt change their post season at all. They are in no matter what, and cannot do any better by winning. The chiefs however are clinging to their playoff lives. This is the last game of the year and they have to win to get Alex and the Chiefs into the playoffs. Who you want to win?

Niners of course.
There's evil lurking around these parts
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
you guys should ban him
I think that everyone should step away from the keyboard for a bit and chill.

TBPH, FWIW.
Really don't think he played well yesterday? Or were you not able to watch? (fine either way.. just curious)

Originally posted by hofer36:
he had 2 passes to fasano that ended up on about the 6 inch line (one they reviewed and said there wasnt conclusive evidence to overturn)....mccluster almost broke one on 3rd and 21...the last tackler got him before he completed what would have been about an 80 yard score...bowe caught one in the 1st quarter where he was wide open,,,the pass was a littl ebit behind him and he lost his feet after the catch, otherwise that may have been a big play....the gods just didnt want smith to get td passes yesterday

haha, yeah pretty much. On the INT... which I have not replayed yet.. many stated that McCluster stopped on his route.. making the INT look like a bad Smith pass. Not sure on that yet. The "almost TD" to Fasano ticked me off. Looked like they screwed him and Alex out of that TD pass, but oh well.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Just watched the game. Smith look very comfortable in this offense and confident in the pocket. Every movement and decision are crisp. I haven't seen this level of confident from Smith with us. Again, stats wise it wasn't much, but he threw some really good passes to Bowe, Avery, McCluster and Charles. With a few to McGrath. No TD to show for it, but those are good 240yds. The level of confident from Reid to Smith showed in that last Chiefs drive where they needed to convert that critical 1st down, with about 2 minutes left, to keep the drive going. Reid dialed up 2 consecutive pass plays in traffic instead of giving it to Charles. Smith completed the first pass. And the second one was a quick one to Bowe that would have converted a 3rd&4 had he caught and hang on to the ball.

There was a few off throws that was pressured and on scrambles, and that INT that seems to be in the middle of Bow and McCluster getting held by the Texans. But for most of the game he was very crisp.

Yeah, pretty much. I'd give him a B grade overall, and against a high ranked defense too. I do think he has shown more sharp play as a 49er in some games last season... and that he can do better. Charles and that run blocking has (in other games) been very inconsistent. I was overall impressed with the pass pro in this game, compared to other games where the OL looked dreadful.

He played well enough to win, but they couldn't put Houston away and it could have come back to bite KC. He had numerous passes dropped so stats are not my problem...just thought he looked a bit lackluster at times and the throw into triple coverage and the overthrow of McGrath in the endzone bothered me.

But that may be due to a long season and not wanting to create drama all the time. He tends to be very calm and even, which is both good and bad. Doesn't fire up his team but doesn't commit stupid errors.

Pass protection was good (getting better) and Charles played a very solid game...better than I expected. Smith's TD cracked me up because Charles clearing the hole had no one to block! Great play and I really don't think it was broken...but may be wrong.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone